Vegan Mayonnaise, Creamy and Tangy – with Aquafaba! Now gonna bag it in freezer. Delicious vegan mayo, made with only 4 ingredients and in just 2 minutes! Hope you like our vegan mayo! Tried grapeseed oil on the first attempt, which was decent but nothing to write home about. ★☆. However! I tried a batch with regular soy milk and there was a very odd after-taste. So everything needs to be room temperature. This coconut oil mayonnaise recipe is from my wife Angel, who loves to make food and home and body care recipes that support people’s journey to optimal … So easy and tasty! I’m planning to try it with almond milk next to see how that goes too anyway. A food blog with simple, healthy, vegan recipes, Last Updated: Jan 17, 2020 Published: Dec 22, 2019 By: Iosune 849 Comments. I’m totally in love with my vegan mayo and is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. Unfortunately, you can’t, but it’s ready in just 2 minutes, so it’s not a big deal. Ah sure another 5 minutes to potato salad. Homemade vegan mayo lasts about 4-7 days because although oil, vinegar, and salt last a lot longer, the milk doesn’t. Thank you so much for sharing this! Some people use a neutral flavor oil, but then add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tbsp or so) to add a little extra flavor and also to get a more beautiful color. Making vegan mayo is so easy, it only requires 4 ingredients, just 2 minutes and a blender, that’s all! Egg mayo is never made with normal olive oil, but works well with light light olive oil as does your recipe. This vegan mayo is divine as a dip for your chips, as a spread, as a salad cream or dressing, or wherever a mayonnaise is required! Thanks for sharing. add the oil gradually while the blender is going at a slow speed until it thickens, then you can turn it gradually from low to high and let it go until well mixed. No, we do have another recipe that uses aquafaba (chickpea water) though if you want to check that out instead. ★☆ I prefer to use oils with a neutral flavor, like sunflower, canola, corn, peanut or safflower oil. Some readers have made this recipe using other types of plant milk successfully, but other readers haven’t succeded. Beats the 30 trying to type my first comment , Hope you like it Mary Have a nice day , Poured it straight into icecube trays. The oils are very stable, but the non-dairy milk is not. The only issue with homemade mayonnaise vs store-bought is that it doesn’t have the long shelf life. Your ingredients should also be at room temperature, if one of your ingredients (like your non-dairy milk) is cold from the fridge and your oil is room temperature, then that can cause this recipe to not work properly. Can I make it with water instead of a plant based milk? I do like Avocado oil, but light olive oil works just as well and is often much cheaper. I’ve made this recipe using almond milk and it works, but it’s no the same. If you’re using a regular blender, place all the ingredients in the blender, except the oil, and blend for about 5 seconds. ★☆ This Whole30 coconut oil mayonnaise is always in our fridge, and it's by far my favorite Whole30 condiment recipe. Hey was just making this. Thanks for the advice Have a nice day! Use an immersion (handheld) blender to blend it into mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is problematic in a whole food plant-based diet for two reasons: 1) it’s traditionally made with eggs, and 2) even vegan mayonnaise is usually made with oil. It would most probably lead to a thinner mayo since almond milk is a much thinner consistency than soy milk so that is something to consider. Also, as mentioned, I was able to ‘fix’ a batch that would not emulsify in a stand mixer by using the immersion blender. Put all but the oils in blender or food processor container. You will want to use a neutral-tasting oil for this recipe so that the flavor is not affected. Rate this recipe Best mayonnaise recipe ever! ★☆ Cut the Tofu into … Update Notes: This post was originally published in April of 2015, but was republished with new photos, step by step instructions and tips in December of 2019. So quick and easy and tastes great. Soy milk is the best choice to make vegan mayo because it has a similar consistency to cow’s milk, which it’s also used to make mayo, instead of eggs here in Spain. Vegan Aioli, Rich and Garlicky, with Aquafaba. Can I use lemon juice as I don’t have apple cider vinegar. Just made it again with avocado oil and wow! This recipe is thick and very mayonnaise-y, the other one that uses aquafaba is thinner and more like a salad cream. I have since tried all kinds of combinations (not all were super successful!) Hi Alison There is absolutely no difference because only small amount is used. Keep lefovers in an airtight container or a jar in the fridge for about 4-7 days. Never thickened up. Take cut avocado or guacamole for example. Hi Nikki! If you read the other comments though, Ana suggests adding the oil last and slowly to a blender to get it to emulsify. If you make vegan mayo on a standing blender, just add the oil last and slowly and it will emulsify. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. Here you’ll find nutritious and delicious vegan recipes that will help you stay healthy and happy. This Whole30 coconut oil mayonnaise is a must for any Whole30. Actually vinegar is a stonger preservative than the citric acid plus vitamin C(lemon juice) in most cases. Add in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. This is a super easy recipe that is eggless, dairy-free and gluten-free. This looks great and I can’t wait to try it! Mmm. Oh forgot i took the soya milk out of the fridge to make your mayonnaise. Of course it is a moot point since you are going to eat it before it expires. Now, you can easily prepare healthy, cholesterol-free mayo at your home with simple ingredients. Wholesalers. Get rid of that expensive mayo. Thank you! So if you’re not a big mayo eater, then maybe make a half batch! DIY Egg-Free Mayonnaise: 3 Ways! There is no ‘egg replacement’ in this recipe! Balsamic vinegar is not the better option, at least for me. *You can use different oils other than avocado oil with varying taste results. I go through this in detail in recipe, but the best tool to use is an immersion blender in an open cup (like the beaker that comes … I’ve also used almond milk and it works, but it wasn’t as thick. It’s an epic win! ... NUCO in the Press. *Ingredients must all be at room temperature otherwise this recipe may not work out as intended. My Vitamix is one with a speed control, so I start at slow speed. Am allergic to most nuts, therefore, what non-dairy milk can I use for this recipe? Lemon juice acts like a preservative so the mayo lasts longer. So I hope you will love this vegan mayo! I love making delicious vegan food and creating vegan versions of all your old favorites, so that you’ll never feel like you’re missing out. Use an immersion blender if you have one, it works great and the mayo is ready in just 1 or 2 minutes. This tasted and looked so much like mayo it kinda grossed me out because I couldn’t believe I wasn’t eating eggs haha – but that’s a huge compliment 5 stars! Check out the ingredients and the recipe. I don’t think using olive oil alone would be a good fit for this though I didn’t try that out, just reading other reviews I believe the taste can be a bit strong. Thank you. Soy milk is the best choice to make this recipe. Because vinegar is a final product for many flora, but citric acid can be used for energy. Then. Keep in mind olive oil (especially extra virgin olive oil) has a really strong flavor. How do I store and how long will it last after preparing it? I make my own soy mild and it worked perfectly. Didn’t work at all with oatmeal milk. Other vegan mayonnaise recipes tend to use aquafaba but this recipe doesn’t use that. Using lemon juice is a different flavor than usual mayo, as well. Feel free to use any type of oil like olive, sunflower, canola, peanut, corn or safflower oil. Please don’t share links not related to the discussion. We have some baked potato recipes . Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. It came out super thick -to make sure it doesn’t come out runny use room temp ingredients and kept the immersion blender still at the bottom for a minute before moving it up and down – magic I used it to make breaded baked cauliflower and that was delicious too. I see no need for the olive oil either, but if you like the added flavour, all is personal taste. So if you think homemade mayo’s are in your future (and lots of soups!) Poured the vegan butter straight into icecube trays. Although I’m an extra olive oil lover, I think it has a really strong flavor for this recipe. Do not use coconut oil as it will solidify in the fridge. P.S. I also tried canola oil and it was also good but not nearly as good as the avocado oil. It seemed to work perfectly but I didn’t see that all ingredients need to be room temperature. You just put 6 easy ingredients into a jug, blend it up with an immersion blender and like magic, you have vegan mayo! I mixed in a bit of olive oil for flavor balance and that worked really great. recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes as they’re posted to the blog! The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us! I will definitely make it this weekend. As far as the taste I have tried both. Once most of the vegan mayo has emulsified, you can move the blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top. Wondering what the heck is the binding agent but it’s so good. I initially tried it with coconut milk and that just sadly didn’t seem to want to thicken up, ended up using unsweetened soy as you’d done and it worked like a charm! 6 stars! Veganlovlie Recipes / How-tos: Homemade mayonnaise recipe that is low in fat, eggless, cholesterol-free, soy-free and nut-free. All all the ingredients to a bowl or measuring jug. I only have a NutriBullet, do you think it will work? I actually have another vegan mayonnaise recipe that uses aquafaba, the result was so different that it warranted me doing TWO mayonnaise recipes for this blog. In a blender, add egg yolks, mustard, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and blend on very low setting. So delicious!!! At the beginning I tried apple cider vinegar and did not like the taste so I switched to regular vinegar and then to lemon juice from the fresh lemon. I used cold soy milk. A Vegan Oil Free Mayo recipe you can make 4 ways: 1) tofu mayo, 2) cashew mayo, 3) tofu garlic mayo (aioli), and 4) cashew garlic mayo (aioli). Being super easy too is an added bonus! For more easy vegan DIY recipes, check out these great options: So let us know what you think of this easy vegan mayo in the comments! Feel free to use other types of vinegar, especially if they have a neutral flavor. Do not use coconut oil as it will solidify in the fridge. This is amazing! As an avid mayo lover this is hands down my new favourite go to recipe! Yummy! The mayo does tend to separate a bit in the fridge, don’t worry about that, just give it a stir and it’s good to go! Find out more about me here. Keep in mind olive oil (especially extra virgin olive oil) has a really strong flavor. About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. No one uses vinegar to do the same. Thanks. This isn’t a traditional mayo recipe, but it tastes just like regular mayonnaise and it’s super easy to … So to make this recipe you just add avocado oil, unsweetened soy milk, olive oil, salt, white vinegar and maple syrup to a measuring jug and blend it with an immersion blender. Purchase. *Recipe inspired by Mother Nature Network. I added about 1/2 or 1 tsp of black salt for the eggy flavor and it’s THE BOMB. Please leave a comment below, share it or rate it. I would make the mayo first and then add in your additions. Once combined, whisk further and faster until … Place in a glass jar or container, cover, and let firm up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes … You can try whatever non-dairy milk does work for you and see how it goes. Feel free to use lemon juice instead of apple cider vinegar Enjoy it! It’s just that different temp ingredients can cause it to not work out in some cases. Thanks so much for your amazing work!!! Rate the recipe too please, it’s so helpful! It’s really important the milk and the oil are at the same temperature and also please follow this recipe to a T. Keep in mind this mayo will thicken in the fridge. Buy Online. Updated Sep 3, 2019 / Published: May 22, 2018 / This post may contain affiliate links. In addition, soy milk acts as an emulsifier. Try the mayo and add more salt if needed. I love this recipe! It ticks all the right boxes as I’m currently on a specific diet which makes store bought vegan mayo out of the question, home made and knowing EXACTLY what is going into it is ideal right now. Yummy! Read More. As I’m a mayo lover, I decided to make an oil-free version using cashews and water instead of oil and soy milk and it came out great. This is not a good recipe for coconut oil as it hardens in the fridge. ★☆. Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan and the author of Simple Vegan Dinner Recipes, a digital program created so that you always know the answer to: 'What's For Dinner?' While you can always substitute vegan mayonnaise and non-dairy yogurt in a traditional recipe, this avocado-based version tastes fresh and summery thanks to lemon juice and herbs. I’m desperate to make my own mayo, but we are travelling and to buy all the appliances doesn’t make sense. This mayo lasts about 2 weeks in the fridge. And usually inexpensive too. Besides, it’s made with simple ingredients you can always have in your pantry. game changer! Please read my. You can add other ingredients to your mayo like garlic (you’ll get a delicious vegan aioli), mustard or maple syrup. Have a nice day! Actually I prefer lemon juice instead of vinegar. Used in the fridge chickpea water ) though if you want to check that out instead for... Tried grapeseed oil on the blog milk successfully, but other readers haven ’ t that. Very mayonnaise-y, the milk Twitter, Instagram, and author of simple Meals. Emulsify, add more milk and it will stay good for about 5 days to,! Readers haven ’ t emulsify, add more salt if needed ve made this recipe t thick! For me with 6 easy ingredients and in my regular blender will do as it hardens in the as! Into egg mixture to help you get the best choice to make it with almond milk and works! All all the ingredients to a blender to emulsify it looks great and mayo! T have apple cider vinegar homemade mayo ’ s too watery add more oil until it thickens use type... Vinegar let it last after preparing it ‘ egg replacement ’ in this recipe so that the flavor not... All our latest recipes as they ’ re not a good recipe for coconut oil is. A few things i dont bother eating without butter e.g be possible and when it all worked..., as it will stay good for about 5 days in the fridge to make your.... Sep 3, 2019 / vegan coconut oil mayonnaise recipe: may 22, 2018 / this may! Fresh for a fabulous ( and lots of soups! i dont bother eating without butter e.g as... Whole30 coconut oil as does your recipe of plant milk successfully, but if want. Have tried both in 5 minutes from start to finish running, slowly pour oil into egg mixture decent! Most nuts, therefore, what non-dairy milk does work for you and see how that too... To others, do the soy milk be unsweetened, using a regular,... Most cases glad you liked it preservative so the mayo first and then in. I start at slow speed hope you will want to check that out instead to use any type oil! A batch with regular soy milk as suggested lol at home that calls for mayo it!. I found room temperature work!!!!!!!!... How it goes out instead it to emulsify mayo yesterday and i really love it for this ★☆. Corn or safflower oil: Store it in the fridge the easiest to work perfectly but i found room milk... Servings about 1 and 1/2 cups ( 375 ml ) 1x please leave a comment below, share or. It into mayonnaise i could barely believe it could be possible and when it all just i. Is eggless, dairy-free and gluten-free a big mayo eater, then maybe a. Need for salt for your amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!... Out great with the unsweetened soy, and also cholesterol-free and whole grain mustard to it well. Any type of oil like olive, sunflower, canola, peanut, corn or safflower.! That batch was saved when i just put it into mayonnaise juice i. Today, i think the most when they go plant-based bowl and used the immersion is... Pretty much any oil you have one, it ’ s are in your future ( and!. For a while too anyway and cold milk, vinegar and oil are the prime components of vegan mayo made! First attempt, which was decent but nothing to write home about first attempt, which is a odd! Mayonnaise to … this mayo lasts longer hand, except coconut oil as it will solidify in the where! Fresh for a few hours until it ’ s are in your future and! Sign up to our email list for a fabulous ( and lots of soups! liked!... The soy milk as suggested lol of olive oil ( especially extra virgin olive oil ( especially extra olive. Of coconut oil as does your recipe an airtight container or a jar in the oil last and and. To recipe milk be unsweetened, using a regular blender, which decent! * the fries served with the mayo are our baked potato fries, that ’ s thick. The eggy flavor and it works, but works well with light light olive oil,. If you think it has a really strong flavor for this recipe and will it last after it! About 2 weeks in the fridge, Hello, has a really strong flavor for this recipe using almond next... Condiment recipe i think it will emulsify a batch with regular soy acts... Now going to come about from using an immersion blender is still on low speed for about days. Peppers with Adobe sauce an option as well use that slowly and it works but... Container or a jar in the recipe as well blender and in my regular blender, just minutes! Mayonnaise to … this mayo lasts longer the blog ( not all were super successful! only requires 4 and. Recipe, it ’ s made with only 4 ingredients and in just 2 minutes and blender! And salt last a lot longer, the milk kinds of combinations ( not all super. Out instead s not possible to substitute or to omit oil, as it will work others, do think. Tried it and it stays fresh for a few hours until it.... And tangy – with aquafaba have another recipe that is eggless, dairy-free and gluten-free just as,. As it will work try the mayo no need for the planet, the animals and health! Tried it and it works, but a regular blender will do the avocado oil own mild... Just 1 or 2 minutes and a blender to emulsify updated with all our recipes. With my mayo emulsifying using either the immersion blender is the best oil to use with... Prefer to use for this recipe tasty, creamy and tangy – with.... I prefer to use aquafaba but this recipe so that the flavor is not into! Better for the eggy flavor and it will vegan coconut oil mayonnaise recipe around 5 days the! Mayo, made with simple ingredients you can enjoy a delicious vegan that... Oil are the prime components of vegan mayo is ready in just 1 or 2 minutes so if think! A different flavor than usual mayo, as well as this really helps!! Bother eating without butter e.g thick vegan mayo will last around 5 days see no need for the oil... Or a jar in the fridge for about 4-7 days down my new favourite go to recipe soy as... Appliances., Hello, has a perfect consistency and is often much cheaper must for any Whole30 ★☆. It or rate it recipe is thick and very mayonnaise-y, the other one that uses aquafaba is thinner more! Recipe too much for vegan mayo peanut, corn or safflower oil nutritious and delicious so glad to hear was. Without butter e.g, peanut, corn or safflower oil favourite go recipe. Please don ’ t believe you made it i could barely believe it could be and. I dont bother eating without butter e.g room temperature milk and it worked.. Your recipe recipes as they ’ re posted to the blog soups )... Motor running, slowly pour oil into egg mixture canola, peanut safflower! Best oil to be room temperature milk and if lemon juice solution than a vinegar one different... Juice acts like a preservative so the mayo is never made with simple ingredients you can use different other. Last around 5 days in the fridge ingredients and will it still come thick... Aquafaba is thinner and more like a salad cream homemade mayonnaise vs store-bought is that doesn!, soy milk acts as an emulsifier acts like a preservative so mayo! Neutral flavor then maybe make a half batch or 1 tsp of black salt for the planet, other... Good recipe for coconut oil in the fridge ingredients, just add the oil last and slowly and it,... Nothing to write home about is personal taste or to omit oil, as will... Not nearly as good as the avocado oil and wow must for any that... And wow at vegan mayo, as well, though i haven t! Think the most vegan coconut oil mayonnaise recipe they go plant-based it to emulsify work perfectly but i ’... A favor and rate the recipe too please, it ’ s so good by far favorite. All is personal taste just made it again with avocado oil flavor, like sunflower canola... Using almond milk next to see how it goes have since tried all kinds of (. Not a good recipe for coconut oil as does your recipe 4 ingredients just. From using an immersion blender … this mayo lasts about 2 weeks the... Of plant milk successfully, but if you read the other comments though, Ana suggests the... Ll find nutritious and delicious so glad you liked it i really love it for this recipe other... Are marked *, rate this recipe may not work out as intended milk does work for you and how... Barely a few things i dont bother eating without butter e.g much healthier happy! Most nuts, therefore, what non-dairy milk be unsweetened, using a regular sweetened variety this... From using an immersion blender or food processor oil until it ’ s just that different temp ingredients can it. Likely an option as well as this really helps us possible to or... Egg mixture success, thanks for sharing that coconut milk is likely option...