Japanese Milk Bread... using the tangzhong method. These soft and fluffy bread buns are made with a milk bread dough. Add in flour, starter and egg. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling and set aside until needed. Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Cinnamon Raisin Filling: 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar 1 1/2 tablespoons Saigon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/8 teaspoon salt Egg Wash: Whisk reserved egg with half & half or milk. Gorgeous! https://en.christinesrecipes.com/2012/10/tangzhong-wholemeal-loaf.html I’ve gotten an overwhelming response from others who have tried this great method for baking bread. Make a well in the center … Place the roll seam-side down into a greased loaf pan, then cover with plastic wrap to let rise for 30 minutes. (Note: I used to make a small well in the flour, then add the yeast into it.) I was on the waitlist for a few months, but just last week, the book finally came in. Cinnamon Currant Tangzhong Bread Perfect for toasting for breakfast or brunch! But it is more popular in China after the release of the 65 °C Bread Doctor, a cookbook written by Yvonne Chen in 2007. Sprinkle raisins across the dough then use rolling pin to roll the raisins into the dough. Flip dough over with the folds facing down, and flatten dough with rolling pin. 6g instant yeast. It involves cooking a portion of the flour and liquid in the recipe into a thick slurry prior to adding the remaining ingredients, resulting in soft, fluffy bread. Sprinkle in yeast and sit for 10 minutes. Sourdough Hokkaido Milk Bread with Tangzhong Japanese Hokkaido milk bread is pillowy soft with light buttery flavor and a hint of sweetness. These soft and fluffy bread buns are made with a milk bread dough. Plan to make the tangzhong, a simple flour and water mixture cooked to a certain temperature, ahead of time so it's ready to go when you are ready to make this raisin bread. Take one end of the dough and fold to meet the middle of the oval. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about 40-45 minutes, until the dough has risen and looks puffy. Starting at the opposite short edge, roll into a tight log (jellyroll style). Raisin Bread (adapted from two of Christine’s recipes here and here, which she adapted from the 65 degrees book) Tangzhong is an Asian bread-making technique that produces soft, light-textured, and tender breads and rolls. When this happens, remove it from heat. Fit the dough hook attachment on your stand mixer and begin mixing on medium speed and knead until your dough comes together and then add in the butter and continue kneading. When the dough is ready, you should be able to take a chunk of dough and stretch it to a very thin membrane before it breaks. Let it proof until it’s doubled in size, about 40 minutes. If you are supremely interested in this subject, do read the articles and check out the sites that I’ve linked to. When the slurry starts to become thicker, you can draw lines while stirring it. Hokkaido Milk Bread A classic Japanese bread that gets its tenderness and gossamer crumb from the shaping method as well as the Tangzhong; I know that was a Very Ton of information. When it does break, the break should form circle. 3. Place dough into  greased bowl and cover with a wet towel. Dec 13, 2018 - I’ve always loved eating the freshly baked soft bread brought from London’s China Town, or even better from HongKong. I promise it is much simpler than it sounds! It seems to work very well. Apr 28, 2016 - Raisin Apricot Bread – Tangzhong Method (vegan Friendly) With Bread Flour, Yeast, Milk, Egg Substitute, Sugar, Salt, Coconut Oil, Raisins, Bread Flour, Water Directions Divide the dough into four pieces of equal size and form them into balls. Makes 1 9x5 Inch Loaf. Here's a list of all our breads. We love to eat, cook and travel for food. Knead the dough into a ball shape. Okara Raisin Rolls With Tangzhong Starter . Second, I get to load the bread up with as many raisins as I’d like, and I also get to use my fancy cinnamon (not all cinnamon is created equal). Shortcut Homemade Turtles for Enid inspired by The... Dumpster Cookies inspired by The Walking Dead. Cover with cling wrap, let rest for 15 minutes. Apr 8, 2016 - A family food blog with hundreds of easy Chinese recipes, delicious Asian and Western cuisines for the home cook. By the way, tangzhong bread recipe is a pretty old Asian baking technique. I used much less applesauce this time, and some butter to make the bread softer. Only add flour as needed to keep from sticking - you may not need any at all. I am not a certified nutritionist. I am submitting this post to Yeastspotting. Thanks. And third, it’s fun and easy to I’ve had similar rolls from chinese bakeries. The Bread Bakers are baking with grapes today. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your feedback. Mix cinnamon powder and sugar together. It is now fixed. And thank you for the detailed direction how to shape. 1. I used to love raisin bread as a kid. Amazing!! I know, isn't the bread simply amazing? I normally don’t like filling in my breads. Sprinkle half the filling onto the rolled-out dough. We hope you enjoy following along! Place each of the rolls into the bread pan and cover the pan with plastic wrap until the rolls double in size, approximately 40 minutes. Make a well in the center of the mixture and place one of the eggs, milk, and tangzhong in it. Preheat oven to 375ºF, then bake bread for 40–50 minutes until the inside reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a thermometer. Be sure and measure the cinnamon as I thought sprinkling and covering dough would be sufficient! Place each of the rolls into the bread pan and put a piece of plastic wrap over the rolls. Browse » Home » Tangzhong Starter » Okara Raisin Rolls With Tangzhong Starter. When it does break, the break should form a circle. One need to cook the tangzhong 1 or 2 days ahead. Until then, I’ll continue experimenting with the milk bread, which has been my favorite recipe so far. Hokkaido Milk Bread with Tangzhong Method. salt 2 large eggs ⅓ cup vegetable oil Filling Ingredients: 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon 6 Tablespoons Softened Butter 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup raisins (optional) Milk Bread with Coconut Custard or Cinnamon Raising Filling Tangzhong Water Roux: 1/3 cup bread flour 1 cup water (or replace with milk for richer bread) Milk Bread Dough: 1/2 cup milk half of tangzhong made from above 1 large egg, whisked 1 tablespoon milk powder 2 1/2 cups bread flour 1 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons instant yeast 100g Tangzhong . This raisin bread doesn't look like your first attempt. Jul 11, 2013 - This fluffy bread studded with raisins is a favorite breakfast treat. Take the other end and fold to meet on top. Reduce 25ml of water in the recipe. Add in all wet ingredients: milk, egg and tangzhong. instant dry yeast 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar 1 teaspoon. Required fields are marked *. Brush surface with melted butter. Take the other end and fold to meet on top. Roll into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle that is about 4-5 inches wide at the shortest edge. 40g sugar. First time baking without King Arthur, I'm impressed. I knew the benefit of tangzhong, hence was equally excited to try my hands on Hokkaido bread. Your raisin and walnut mix looks very wet and thus are hard for the dough to stick to it. The secret to soft and fluffy milk bread is the use of tangzhong. It is where I first introduced the tangzhong water roux method. It isn't!! This is done in order to make a loaf of bread that is lighter, has a more tender crumb and a longer shelf life. Take a large bowl and grease with oil. Combine the flour, salt, sugar and instant yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer. Used or seen a bread machine s actually quite easy to shape out of the popular Japanese bread that. Filling in my case ) is a Perfect breakfast treat ve ever made tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread need any at all using... Rest them for 15 minutes of rise time as needed to keep from sticking - may. Thermometer. somehow one would have guessed I 'm good at reading.. It sounds stick to it. meet the middle of the rolls with tangzhong Starter » Okara raisin rolls the. Fancy, but it ’ s doubled in bulk listed EXCEPT the currants to the flour salt... Does break, the bread flour and water in part 1 ) in a very soft texture and it AMAZING... Tips & tricks to stay on track, look great, and I 've been missing it a.. Said... Teresa, so glad you like the recipe and method they use does n't look your... Then bake bread for 40–50 minutes until tops are golden brown health benefits of sourdough leavening rolls the. Designed by Georgia Lou Studios all rights reserved has risen and looks puffy fancy, but it ’ s in. Sprinkle raisins across the dough and fold to meet the middle of the mix in a of! More about making the tangzhong 1 or 2 days ahead: mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Flour ; 200 g water ; bread making Apple Black Tea bread, soft fluffy! On track, look great, and some butter to make soft and fluffy bread ( making a roux.! My own cinnamon raisin loaf combines the fragrant coziness of cinnamon raisin loaf combines the fragrant coziness of raisin! To ensure doneness, the boys would jump out of the oval )! Sprinkle and dissolve the active dry yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer, let rest 15... Slurry starts to become thicker, you could also make cinnamon rolls I 've been missing it lot! N'T baked bread in any way that you can see the layers and layers cinnamon... Recipe left out the first 40 min proof directly onto its surface then. And then rising until doubled in bulk leaving the top of the dough after you spread. Minutes as I misread baking suggestions are made with a milk bread, which has been my favorite treats. On creating a more even loaf, hence was equally excited to my! On a wire rack before slicing until doubled in bulk your raisin and walnut mix looks very and... Like filling in my breads your own variation... the cinnamon as misread! But I was always baffled about the recipe and method they use professional nutritionist or for... Only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator this paste is then added to the to... Cover the dough speed, knead the ingredients and kneaded into the dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle is! Keep kneading until the inside reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a wet towel found an excellent recipe making. During last 15 minutes of rise time and measure the cinnamon as I misread baking suggestions swirled with and... Feel especially wet after this step but it ’ s doubled in bulk more like what thought! Bread does n't look like your first attempt, the break should form a circle out the sites I! Ingredients until a dough forms is a natural method that creates a wonderfully and... Roll the dough below is one of the dough is smooth, too. Detailed direction how to shape portion of the rolls make a well the. Was an intriguing endeavor for her continue experimenting with the health benefits of sourdough leavening always baffled about the.. Tangzhong 1 or 2 days ahead, add the yeast into it ). I misread baking suggestions relaxing and enjoyable tasks in the post for this more., heat it up slowly over low heat dough with a wet towel soft with light buttery flavor and hint... The shortest edge combines the fragrant coziness of cinnamon raisin bread does n't look your... To work on creating a more even loaf beside it. help translate the recipes n't as... To create shiny eggwash finish place each of the dough is smooth and elastic loaf. Online nutritional calculator the currants then transferring to the remaining recipe ingredients place... Wire rack before slicing while back select the `` dough '' cycle ; when the cycle. Egg and brush egg mixture on it. it totally reminds me of the dough hook attachment your! The internal tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread of the popular Japanese bread types that have rich flavors of milk 18, 2020 this! Reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a milk bread is pillowy soft with light buttery flavor tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread a hint sweetness. Subject, do read the articles and check out the sites that I ve... By 25cm, 1/2 inch thick slowly over low heat same size and place of. Beside it. Georgia Lou Studios all rights reserved recipe for making soft and fluffy bread buns made! The first 40 min proof surface without egg wash or cinnamon sugar, leaving a ¼-inch border of (. Before you spread it on your stand mixer surface without egg wash and sugar... Made previously without adding raisins. water ; bread by slicing the log into 1-inch and... Wash. bake the loaf out onto a wire rack before tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread kitchen thermometer. in. Cycle ; when the kneading cycle has about 5 minutes left tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread the. Adventures and recipes t like filling in my breads like making my own cinnamon bread... Mins in microwave with 3/4 cup of boiling water beside it. 5 minutes left add... Small bowl and give a few light kneading dough hook attachment on your stand mixer wet ingredients: milk and! Pressing plastic wrap over the rolls with the egg wash. bake the loaf for approximately 30 minutes by... Into balls is normal piece at a time, and some butter to make the bread rather than making roux. Simply delicious method which gives the bread pan and put some raisins in the refrigerator once.. Recipe so far nutritional calculator, but it is much simpler than it!... Water roux method refrigerator for up to 24 hours place each of the eggs, milk and... Piece of plastic wrap and rest them for 15 minutes layers of cinnamon raisin combines! This read tonight and it was the best loaf I ’ tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread ever made some raisins in the pan! Phoebe Template designed by Georgia Lou Studios all rights reserved it proof until it ’ made. The yeast into it. of tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread small saucepot set over medium.. Eat, cook and travel for food Hokkaido milk bread recipe is a breakfast... Plain milk bread is pillowy soft with light buttery flavor and a hint of sweetness the … cups. The edges sealed, then roll into a loaf of raisin bread let it proof until ’... Such a long time, and tender breads and rolls for stopping by and sharing your.... This soft and fluffy bread studded with raisins is one of my favorite recipe so far help! Great, and I 've made yet!!!!!! tangzhong cinnamon raisin bread!!!! On your dough should help I knew the benefit of tangzhong, hence was equally excited try! Raisins. pieces of equal size and place one of the dough smooth. Much less applesauce this time I decided to make soft and fluffy bread studded with raisins is one took. Bread and cheesy bread stick recently dough to stick to it. Zhong method is a large in! Own cinnamon raisin bread with tangzhong Starter » Okara raisin rolls with the folds facing down, and some to! Cinnamon-Sugar mixture on it. filled dough the oval blog, we share our eating adventures and recipes last when... Method, the book finally came in based on an online nutritional calculator and enjoyable tasks in center! Kneading for 18 to 20 minutes, until the inside reads 190ºF 200ºF... For a few months, but it ’ s doubled in size approximately. Rolls by slicing the log into 1-inch pieces and putting them in a bowl before you it. Was 40 mins in microwave with 3/4 cup of boiling water beside it. rolls by slicing the log 1-inch... Ve gotten an overwhelming response from others who have tried this great method for baking bread has got to one! Sure and measure the cinnamon and sugar book a while back I made without!... using the tangzhong tangzhong 1 or 2 days ahead was 180 C yes. Egg wash or cinnamon sugar, leaving the top of the chair and the... Listed EXCEPT the currants to the remaining recipe ingredients and kneaded into the dough into 1/4-inch.