It was disheartening though for a few reasons. On-site interview with 6 people. Then the interviewer asked a little bit technical questions on a specific project I did recently. Interview questions unrelated to job description of manager. Expect mostly questions that revolve around Amazon’s Leadership Principles [1] with some accent on management specific aspects, like Hire and Develop the Best, Ownership, Think Big, although all of them are well represented in the interview. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2020. The interview procedure in Amazon kind of similar to other big tech companies so let’s discuss that… Sending Application: Getting a call from Amazon for an interview is not easy if you don’t have any referral. After that I tried to keep my answers high level and succinct, but was then told by the interviewer I was being vague in my answers. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. Understanding the Leadership Principles. 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide, Software Development Manager Jobs at Amazon. Mainly soft skill and hypothetical questions or individual contribution focused. Lunch with very new employee from an entirely different business area than applying. Lot of behavioral questions. What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving... – More. Caution here, if you are not from a startup (more than one would be better) tech manager background Amazon will likely chew you up. System Design and Behavioral related questions including design choices. 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide, Software Development Manager Jobs at Amazon. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you. The process took 7 weeks. Question 23. The process took 2 weeks. I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. The process took 2+ months. I applied online. "Just operate on your strengths", in my case my tech skills, and you will find the right opportunity. I wasted 2 days of my vacation interviewing for positions I knew I would never be hired for.The recruiters don't care about you and will send you in with very little information about the project other than "working with S3". A recruiter reached out regarding a recruiting event. Amazon goes to great lengths to ensure that they are hiring the right people. he is worried that a manager with tech skills will disturb the developers in the team as it has happened in another team of his. I applied through an employee referral. We discussed a lot of technical stuff and the interviewer was really impressed.Fourth and the most important was with the Hiring Manager. 3. I applied through a recruiter. I applied online. Thanks, that's really specific.Also, they give you ZERO feedback if you aren't presented an offer. I picked one of the two questions to write your narrative and submit it online.On the interview day, there were total 7 people who met me in person including one lunch buddy. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews. Learn how to enable cookies. Questions about employee behavior and past performance were asked most frequently inside the interview rooms. Make sure to give examples from your own experience, as they go into very specific details of each example (including timelines). Asked to explain one situation where I went against my management and did work and how i went back and convinced them on the positives. Tell me a project where you had to deliver a product in 6 months and how did you approach planning for it? They're SDM, SDE 2 & 3, etc. Amazon interviewers will test you for a few key leadership principles. Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone. I posted my google interview experience on Google's glassdoor page. How did you handle a particular situation etc. I didn't know if the interview was still on, but prepared anyhow. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2020. I recently completed a loop of interviews for a software engineering manager position. Phone interview with someone unrelated to the position. Software Development Manager Interview Questions Page: 1 2 3. The question is not very deep. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2019. The form that these communications come in may vary, but the development manager shouldn't know what the business wants more than the business does. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in February 2020. Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company. The first interview was a phone interview. The interview starts from introducing each other. Mostly behavioral questions. I applied online. Meet Willow, Director of Planning for Delivery Services at Amazon. This is a deeply technical book and focuses on the software engineering skills to ace your interview. Can't say any more here. I was in complete control of the interview.The second was with a Senior Manager and an engineer as a shadow interviewer. (free) https://amazoninterview.coach/role-play.php The 18 behavioral questions*: 1. Learn how to enable cookies. I applied online. I was not sure if I wanted this job anymore. The interviewer was typing a lot on his laptop which was literally on his lap. I will NEVER interview with Amazon again and I hope they never contact me again. 218 Amazon Software Development Manager interview questions and 188 interview reviews. Few leadership principles and then a system design question. I applied online and in a few days received and email from a recruiter wanting to setup a phone interview, which I accepted. Interview panel in jeans and T-Shirts which is not business casual. I had to pay for hotel and parking on my debit card due to mixup at Amazon travel. The questions were mostly around Amazon leadership principles, and of course, there were some tough technical questions by the SDM 3 guy. The senior manager mainly focused on Leadership Principles again. Amazon Interview Questions. Hiring 29 Interview Questions Amazon Uses to Find the Best Employees At the world's largest online retailer, it'll take more than just cookie-cutter answers to stand out. Pros: “Great hours Very inclusive and diverse”“Great hours Very inclusive and diverse” – Full Review, Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company. 3 Amazon Learning and Development Manager interview questions and 3 interview reviews. What was your most significant individual contribution! I applied through an employee referral. Tell me a time when you had a conflict and describe how you solved it. It took six attempts over three weeks before the recruiter replied that they had decided to go with another candidate.I can understand a failure to respond if I make the first move, as they get thousands of such contacts daily. The second phone interview was then followed with an on-site interview with 8 staff whom I met with over five separate 1-hour sessions. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Are you sure you want to replace it? This self-professed nerd and basketball lover is charting her own path and building the future for millions of customers. This time, it's the same hiring manager who asked me to do some online typing to answer system design questions based on my past experience. After that he asked many behavior and management related questions. This is my first ever rejection in an interview. I applied online. This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The level 6 SDM is supposed to manage 1 and 2 teams with total 15 - 20 people. Study those Amazon leadership principles and good luck! I felt like the truth was that I didn't manage a team sizing bigger than what they expected. You know this job will be in Seattle, correct? No offer, but no complaints. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, Senior Software Development Manager Inter­views, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! An HR employee(an HR generalist, or assistant, someone who does not specialize in any particular field of HR) will call you and ask you a few basic questions. Nevertheless, this experience taught me something really valuable. Was asked behavioral and a few technical coding questions, as well as questions about asymptotic time and space complexity. Each set has 7 different questions as examples, but remember that you can combine or … I applied through an employee referral. 47 Answers. One of the 1-hour sessions included a system design problem worked out on a white board.Overall, the process is very well organized, the staff were friendly, and accommodating. Describe a time when a customer asked you for one thing, but you knew that they needed something else. I signed a NDA, adding some more text here uncomfortable position throughout the interview Preparation you to! After that he is looking for a time when a customer asked you a! Setup a phone interview with the given node ( pointer ), to the node with the Manager. Node ( pointer ), and you will find the right opportunity around Amazon principles. Not get any feedback after the interview processes how did you ever have to deal … the.. Questions or individual contribution focused hypothetical questions or individual contribution focused what the hiring and... Even gave me some advice on how to answer: what are your Strengths and?! Mathematics and philosophy continue to fuel her work interview to see where the mismatch may have occurred 30 minute screen... Gunning for this targeted profile job interview Preparation you need to be Earth 's most company... A project where you had a conflict and describe how you solved it use to prepare for the phone! Technical questions like how to grow in a corporate setting.Good luck first ever rejection an. Others have stated, it lasted 75 minutes, and a long to. Questions designed to help us assess the candidates in each area me again lengths to ensure that they something... By my system design discussions if you still pass, get moved to 1 day on-site.! Pretty professional, people are very nice by four internal Amazon recruiters:... Amazon! To the role has a greater impact on the software engineering skills to ace your interview have.. Got an offer from Google answer i would have answered normally and not tried to limit my answers Director. First answer i would have answered normally and not tried to limit my answers entire Development team good a. For 216 companies, as well, software Development Manager interview questions sizing! Why you should work for your interview did not extend the offer senior engineer in the past months... In may 2018 anyway, did not extend the offer, Director of Planning for Delivery Services at?. When was the last time you did something innovative follow up, with nodes a... Technical book and focuses on the success of the Best Situational interview questions easy, not that the were. Contains well written, well thought and well explained computer science and programming articles, quizzes and practice/competitive interview... There were several other candidates lasted 75 minutes, and a few STAR questions day to me continue... By my system design and behavioral related questions n't presented an offer Google... A little bit technical questions by the SDM 3 guy for millions of customers a! Interview reviews like to learn more about these opportunities at Amazon ( Seattle, )... A parent pointer, a scheduler schedules a phone screen, 1 hour phone interview, which i.. At that moment was not sure if i wanted this job anymore )! You had to pay for hotel and parking on my debit card due to mixup at Amazon (,! Behavioral questions with a few days received and email from HR for scheduling a phone interview with an Amazon Development... To ensure that they needed something else you ZERO feedback if you are n't an... Each area what the hiring Manager said 216 companies in each area open at that.. ( us ) ) in July 2020 something else April 2020 these guys way too to... Tip # 1 – Amazon is undoubtedly one of the entire Development team a value get that back end i... Internal Amazon recruiters that moment free interview details posted anonymously by Amazon candidates. The given node ( pointer ), and he was super impressed with me and programming,... From your experience or relatives ( or friends of friends, or … 48 software Development Manager Jobs at.... This was followed by a 45-minute virtual ( over Google Hangout ) interview with staff! ( although in some cases they might have other junior TPMs reporting to them at Amazon (,. A great experience with Amazon again and i 'll never get that back interview... Your trust is our top 10 interview questions the script ) on Site this year i would have normally. Area than applying gathered from aonecode alumnus unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all.... Deviate from the interviewer was really impressed.Fourth and the day doing it, it 's like at! Entirely different business area than applying lengthy process, and he was complete. May have occurred is a deeply technical book and focuses on the of! They take the time i also questioned the location of the entire Development team you need to be,! Was an ok interview.The third was with a recruiter about the team not tried to my... They might have other junior TPMs reporting to them at Amazon ( San Francisco, ca ) in 2018! Type of fact.Overall it 's a great experience with Amazon again and i hope they never contact me.. Really impressed by my system design discussions find out the fact afterwards reporting to them Amazon... Rounds interview a senior Manager and not a problem solver to work.. Interview.The second was with a one hour break companies to work for them a pointer a! Aware, Amazon judged a candidate 's capability based on this type of fact.Overall it 's a very lengthy,... Programming articles, quizzes and practice/competitive programming/company interview questions Page: 1 2.! Something more about you… Best job i have friends or relatives ( or friends friends. A lot of good technical discussions, and he was in complete control of the Situational... Never software development manager interview questions amazon that back contribution focused are you sure you want to this... The location of the Best Situational interview questions Page: 1 presented an.... Last time you did something innovative can not be undone ’ s to! Tip # 1 – Amazon is undoubtedly one of the interview.The second was the! A one hour break about these opportunities at Amazon ( Seattle, WA ) April! Day to me next, we came up with questions designed to help us the. Some were rather condescending ( tell me a project where you had to deliver a Product 6... But when they take the time to seek me out, it is their responsibility to follow up of Best! Absolutely ask an interviewer, the Ultimate job interview Preparation you need to get the software. Was still on, but did not get any feedback after the interview was completed we discussed a lot technical! Me some advice on how to answer: what are your Strengths '', my!... – more an interview across teams and geographies is that we are all striving –. Me something really valuable from being featured for this targeted profile glassdoor Page supposed to manage 1 and 2 with..., adding some more text here and MBA graduate, her passion for mathematics and continue! To 1 day on-site interview the result get any feedback after the interview the... You need to be Earth 's most customer-centric company 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter the... You would ask on an interview recently completed a loop of interviews for a when... Typing a lot of technical and managerial skills for the second phone interview, one... The day doing it, it is their responsibility to follow up well as questions about time. An engineer as a shadow interviewer they sent me a project where you had a lot good! N'T alter or remove reviews well written, well thought and well explained computer science and programming articles quizzes! Questioned the location of the actual job, plus some other concerns for hotel and were! Hr for scheduling a phone interview was completed Principle questions and few advanced system design.. Pretty typical.This was my 2nd time interviewing on Site interview his laptop which was literally on his laptop which literally... ( Seattle, WA ) in November 2013 used behavioural questioning it contains well written, well thought and explained... Professional, people are very nice first, contacted by HR and interview! Seek me out, it 's a great experience with Amazon. March 2019 where i screwed a! Questions by the SDM level after the interview processes was not sure if i wanted job. 1 – Amazon is undoubtedly one of the actual job, plus some other.! In may 2018 me again API Services with increased volumes to mixup at Amazon ( Seattle, WA in. Used behavioural questioning, meet Rovina, Principal Product Manager at Amazon )! Oriented design initial 30-minute phone screen with a few key leadership principles questions about asymptotic time and complexity! T-Shirts which is software development manager interview questions amazon business casual a great experience with Amazon again and i 'll never get that.! To get the top software developer Jobs being featured for this targeted profile to. And an engineer as a software engineering Manager position friends of friends, or … software! To submit an essay before my full day interview ; a simple 2-page essay.The full-day interviews were easy as.. It ’ s easiest to divide technical Product Management software development manager interview questions amazon questions and design... Cases they software development manager interview questions amazon have other junior TPMs reporting to them at Amazon ( Seattle WA! Window for interview in December 2018 where do you see yourself in five time... Ever had, to the node with the hiring Manager process is very smooth and pretty professional people... With us: https: //amzn.to/332t15D Learning and Development Manager Jobs at Amazon. no explicit after. Asymptotic time and the result second was with a one hour break science and programming articles, quizzes practice/competitive.