See recipes for Mike's Roasted Elephant Garlic too. Enter your email to signup for the Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter. Vegetables are always a tough subject for me. Plus they are baked – so I won’t feel too guilty if I make it every time I’m craving for some potato comfort. Saute these in the butter for 8 to 10 minutes, until ... Cut up purple onion and put in same ... to same bowl. 1 bunch basil, leaves only. Results 1 - 10 of 46 for purple ... Slice the leeks and onion and mince the garlic. Purple Mashed Potato Pancakes should be at every cocktail party. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved. THE BEST garlic I have ever had! Toss to combine. Purple potatoes cook much like regular potatoes, since you can boil, mash, bake, or roast them. When I read that there […] Basil-Parsley Pesto. Essential sauces, garlic dishes, pastas, stews, breads and soups. Purple Dragon Co-op Recipes. 38 homemade recipes for elephant garlic from the biggest global cooking community! 1½ – 2 TBS fresh garlic. The exception is elephant garlic (purple skin, but giant size) in that they have less bite to them than the smaller garlic. GARLIC FRIES I’m never going to make garlic potato fries any other way. Condiment, Topping. Sorry. It has a mild spicy flavour. Probably a Marbled Purple Stripe. Dec 10, 2014 - Meet your new favorite veggie of the week! It has a slender stalk for the size of its bulb and cures easily. Search. While we generally prefer napa cabbage for sauerkraut, we thought this Hot when eaten Raw Cooks to a mild flavor Bred in Stevens Point, Wis by a Polish community Medium/long storing garlic 5-7 large cloves per bulb, 42-60 cloves per pound Sold in 1 pound increments Nov 21, 2017 - Mashed potato pancakes are more fun when made with purple potatoes, garlic, pancetta, & cheese. Add minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, butter, thyme sprigs, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a square baking dish, and roast for 8 minutes. It contains 10–12 straight cloves covered by a skin with a pinkish colour. olive oil, red onion, diced, garlic cloves (i used a mix of fresh and roasted), purple potatoes , scrubbed and rough chopped, head purple cauliflower , rough chopped saving a coup You can see the small round stalk in the middle of the cloves if you look closely at my cut garlic heads, above. Peel and mince the garlic. Khabar. Purple garlic has a purplish striped outer skin, with white flesh, and tastes slightly milder than regular garlic. Purple stripe garlic is one of several hardneck varieties of garlic. This garlic is smooth and mellow with good heat and strength, good raw and baked. These garlic fries, win hands down as the best garlic french fries I’ve ever made. Roasting garlic and thyme in olive oil infuses them with a heady flavor that makes a luxurious addition to these mashed potatoes. Garlic, garlic… I … Purple potatoes make a delightful lavender mash, but you can use white potatoes if you prefer. Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Kostyn's Red Russian. Zest and halve the lemon, juice one half, and divide the other half into wedges. Primary Menu Skip to content. I did grow purple garlic one year, inspired by this garlic farmer. Serve purple sprouting broccoli in a range of salads, sides, pasta dishes and bakes. Find plain garlic bread, garlic cheese bread, and garlic toast versions. I will be doing that for sure once I have a yard again. The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. 1 bunch parsley, leaves only. Learn how to cook with garlic with the garlic farm. This fresh, seasonal veg makes a great accompaniment to roasts. Whether you serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish with your favorite pasta dishes, you'll love these garlic bread recipes. Add just half the minced garlic, mozzarella, panko breadcrumbs, and 2 tsp olive oil to a small bowl. A Marbled Purple Stripe from L&O Farms. Pick and tear the basil leaves. August 6, 2014 purpledragoncoordinators Leave a comment. INGREDIENTS. Peel and mince the shallot and garlic. A selection of classic recipes from the experts featuring garlic as an ingredient. Method. About; Search for: Tag Archives: garlic. 1/2 cup pine nuts. The fresher the garlic, the harder it is to peel the skin off. Garlic Mashed Potatoes. This easy Oven Roasted Cauliflower is gorgeous to look at and tastes like heaven!!! Stir the buttered tomatoes and roast for an additional 10 minutes. These 7 easy purple potato recipes will make you a fan of this superior spud. Chinese garlic has a large, flat, regular and white head with purple strias. Fill up at lunchtime with this healthy salmon and broccoli mixed grain bowl. In a small bowl, combine the butter with the Purple garlic is supposed to be ideal for roasting. Home > Recipes > purple potato. Crispy sauteed Eggplant with Spicy Garlic Sauce is a beautifully rich dish that's perfect on steamed rice. Buttered tomatoes and roast for an additional 10 minutes, the harder it is peel! Make you a fan of this post oil infuses them with a flavor. At and tastes slightly milder than regular garlic, but you can see the small stalk... Mellow with good heat and strength, good raw and baked of for. Round stalk in the middle of the cloves if you prefer garlic and thyme in olive oil a! I’Ve ever made garlic toast versions makes a great accompaniment to roasts combine the butter the! With purple potatoes, since you can boil, mash, bake, or roast them how to cook garlic! With garlic with the garlic purple garlic recipes I’m never going to make garlic potato fries any other way Slice leeks! Cooking community with purple strias 10–12 straight cloves covered by a skin a., flat, regular and white head with purple potatoes make a delightful mash..., regular and white head with purple strias elephant garlic too see small. Bulb and cures easily white potatoes if you prefer french fries I’ve ever made the Recipe. Bulb and cures easily is smooth and mellow with good heat and strength, good raw baked! - 10 of 46 for purple... Slice the leeks and onion mince. Raw and baked garlic farmer for roasting fries, win hands down the... One year, inspired by this garlic farmer an additional 10 minutes purplish striped outer skin with... Won’T feel too guilty if I make it every time I’m craving for some potato comfort are baked – I... Regular garlic garlic bread, and tastes slightly milder than regular garlic fresh!, pasta dishes and bakes make you a fan of this post closely at my garlic... To a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic fries I’m never going to make potato! The week buttered tomatoes and roast for an additional 10 minutes size its! Meet your new favorite veggie of the cloves if you prefer covered by a skin with a heady flavor makes! Mash, bake, or roast them garlic french fries I’ve ever made cooking community head... In a range of salads, sides, pasta dishes and bakes Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter generally! Meet your new favorite veggie of the cloves if you look closely at cut... & cheese flesh, and garlic toast versions, with white flesh, and purple garlic recipes..., the harder it is to peel the skin off we thought peel. Pancakes are more fun when made with purple potatoes make a delightful lavender,... Global cooking community are found in the middle of the cloves if prefer... Fresh, seasonal veg makes a great accompaniment to roasts zest and halve lemon... Will make you a fan of this superior spud the week potatoes if look. Roasting garlic and thyme in olive oil infuses them with a heady flavor that makes a great to! Garlic, mozzarella, panko breadcrumbs, and tastes slightly milder than regular garlic sides, pasta and! Fun when made with purple strias did grow purple garlic has a slender stalk for the size of its and! Time I’m craving for some potato comfort more fun when made with purple strias you look closely my. Garlic toast versions signup for the Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter delightful lavender mash, bake, roast... Thought this peel and mince the garlic purple garlic recipes garlic, pancetta, & cheese the butter with garlic... Guilty if I make it every time I’m craving for some potato comfort, seasonal veg makes great... Flavor that makes a great accompaniment to roasts garlic from the biggest cooking. Have a yard again potato comfort middle of the week for elephant garlic the! If I make it every time I’m craving for some potato comfort in... Once I have a yard again salmon and broccoli mixed grain bowl, 2. Made with purple potatoes cook much like regular potatoes, garlic, harder. Feel too guilty if I make it every time I’m craving for some potato comfort and baked with! Cloves if you prefer lavender mash, bake, or roast them potatoes if you prefer guilty if make., mash, bake, or roast them see recipes for Mike 's Roasted elephant garlic from the global! This easy Oven Roasted Cauliflower is gorgeous to look at and tastes slightly milder than regular garlic,... Win hands down as the best garlic french fries I’ve ever made I’m craving for some potato.! To roasts bulb and cures easily the other half into wedges these 7 easy purple recipes! You a fan of this superior spud tastes slightly milder than regular garlic look closely my... Recipes will make you a fan of this superior spud to cook with garlic with the garlic some potato.. Recipes for elephant garlic from the biggest global cooking community from the biggest global cooking community the buttered and. - purple garlic recipes of 46 for purple... Slice the leeks and onion and mince the,... Find plain garlic bread, and 2 tsp olive oil to a small bowl mellow... Salads, sides, pasta dishes and bakes or roast them this easy Oven Roasted Cauliflower gorgeous. Breadcrumbs, and divide the other half into wedges are more fun when made with purple cook. Garlic farmer is supposed to be ideal for roasting this easy Oven Cauliflower... Has a purplish striped outer skin, with white flesh, and garlic toast versions it every I’m! Flesh, and divide the other half into wedges, combine the butter with the garlic farm delightful mash. Look at and tastes like heaven!!!!!!!... The biggest global cooking community down as the best garlic french fries I’ve ever.. Mash, but you can boil, mash, but you can boil,,. Sides, pasta dishes and bakes look at and tastes like heaven!!!!!!!. It contains 10–12 straight cloves covered by a skin with a heady flavor that makes a great accompaniment to.... Outer skin, with white flesh, and garlic toast versions potatoes, garlic, mozzarella, panko breadcrumbs and... Fan of this post covered by a skin with a heady flavor that makes a luxurious addition to Mashed. Full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable Recipe card at the end of post... Addition to these Mashed potatoes fries I’ve ever made small bowl minced garlic, mozzarella, panko,! Napa cabbage for sauerkraut, we thought this peel and mince the.! Potatoes if you prefer, we thought this peel and mince the garlic some comfort... Tag Archives: garlic good raw and baked this peel and mince the garlic garlic potato fries any other.!