David Guzik commentary on Psalm 117, which is the shortest psalm and shortest chapter in the Bible - but full of wonderful, wide-reaching truth. THE BOOK OF PSALMS. Psalm 127 Lutherbibel 2017 An Gottes Segen ist alles gelegen 1 Von Salomo, ein Wallfahrtslied. Psalms 10 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary, by the leading authority in the Church of Christ, presents a verse level look at the Bible. Some wandered in desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle. One popular theory about their origins is that they were recited in the Jerusalem temple during a New Year festival that … Continue reading "Commentary on Psalm 95:1-7a" Psalms 103:13: Psalms 103: Psalms 103:15. » O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known [me]. And as David ends this section of praise, he expands our view beyond this immediate act of God in delivering David – that he’s been focused on thus far. Book 1 (Psalms 1 - 41) » Psalms 1-41 in one file [or download in RTF format] Psalm 1: The Two Ways … Commentaries on Psalms. Now, let me briefly cite the places where this psalm is used in the New Testament. Von Salomo. Study Psalm 100 using Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise) to better understand Scripture with full outline and verse meaning. Psalm 98 Lutherbibel 2017 Der königliche Richter aller Welt 1 Ein Psalm. PSALMS RESOURCES Commentaries, Sermons, Illustrations, Devotionals. Christ Jesus is the refuge and dwelling-place to which we may repair. For many, in fact, the Psalms are the richest part of the Old Testament. Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. 3 Gott, sei mir gnädig nach deiner Güte, und tilge meine Sünden nach deiner großen Barmherzigkeit. "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Psalm 24 Commentary Verse 9. Awake, harp and lyre! But David is telling us that only those who choose the first option – trusting the Lord – will be blessed – or enviable. EXEGESIS: CONTEXT: At three verses, this is one of the shortest psalms in the psalter. Commentary on Psalm 90:1-6 (Read Psalm 90:1-6) It is supposed that this psalm refers to the sentence passed on Israel in the wilderness, Numbers 14. These short commentaries are based on Level A EasyEnglish (about 1200 word vocabulary) by Gordon Churchyard. 10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly. A maskil of David. A Psalm of David.Some believe that the Chief Musician is the Lord GOD Himself, and others suppose him to be a leader of choirs or musicians in David’s time, such as Heman the singer or Asaph (1 Chronicles 6:33, 16:5-7, and 25:6). A psalm of David. THE Psalmist begins by extolling the … Thy word is a lamp to my feet. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.. Ver. Psalm 127 Einheitsübersetzung 2016 Lied vom Lebensglück 1 Ein Wallfahrtslied. I will awaken the dawn. ExplainingTheBook.com. Psalm 103. You Will Not Abandon My Soul - A Miktam of David. It also the first of a collection of six psalms (Psalms 113-118) that are known as “the Egyptian Hallel” and are used in the celebration of Passover. Kerze »Psalm 103« 13,35€ 2: Psalms 103: 0€ 3: Psalm 103 "Ennôsch k'chozir jomow" 1,29€ 4: Lobe den Herrn meine Seele und vergiss nicht, was er dir Gutes getan hat …: Gedanken zu Psalm 103: 8,95€ 5 "Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele! Psalm 40 Commentary Blessed. These psalms are sometimes categorized as “enthronement psalms” because of their focus on God’s eternal kingship. Psalm 108 - A song. Wenn der HERR nicht das Haus baut, so arbeiten umsonst, die daran bauen. This psalm is simply titled A Psalm of David. The Pharisees tell Jesus that it’s not right for the children to be calling him the Son of David – the coming king. Er gehört zur Gruppe der Wallfahrtspsalmen (Psalm 120 bis Psalm 134). Print. Psalm 117, with two verses, is the only shorter psalm. This our Lord Jesus often referred to, as what he governed himself by. Psalms 144:2. Who subdueth my people under me. My most secret thoughts and intentions, and the innermost recesses of my soul, are subject to thy control. Psalm 3 – Peace in the Midst of the Storm. But amidst the threatenings of wrath, we have a gracious offer of mercy. This is the first psalm with a title: A Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son. Let the redeemed of the LORD tell their story— those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Commentary on Psalm 7:10-17 (Read Psalm 7:10-17) David is confident that he shall find God his powerful Saviour. Psalm 13 – Enlighten My Eyes. John Trapp Complete Commentary. The destruction of sinners may be prevented by their conversion; for it is threatened, If he turn not from his evil way, let him expect it will be his ruin. God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. Psalm 53 - For the director of music. Psalm 51 Lutherbibel 2017 Gott, sei mir Sünder gnädig! I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. Study Psalm 121 using Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise) to better understand Scripture with full outline and verse meaning. (Der vierte Bußpsalm) 1 Ein Psalm Davids, vorzusingen, 2 als der Prophet Nathan zu ihm kam, nachdem er zu Batseba eingegangen war. Psalms 139:1 « To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. A list of the best commentaries on Psalms ranked by scholars, journal reviews, and site users. 13. Jesus references Psalm 8:2 when he comes into Jerusalem and the children are singing to him. For he knoweth of what we are made; he hath remembered that we are dust. 11 They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth; 12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places. Nancy deClaissé-Walford | 1 Comment. Wenn nicht der HERR das Haus baut, mühen sich umsonst, die daran bauen. This is a psalm of transi The title tells us both the author and the audience of the psalm: To the Chief Musician. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. EasyEnglish Psalms Tweet: Tell your friends about this website! Biblical Commentary (Bible study) Psalm 133. John Trapp Complete Commentary. My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Read verse in New International Version LONDON: HAMILTON, ADAMS, AND CO.; SIMPKIN, MARSHALL, AND CO. DUBLIN : JOHN ROBERTSON AND CO. 1869. You can find the best commentary on Psalms for … For thou hast possessed my reins] The seat of mine affections.Thoughts kindle affections, and these cause thoughts to boil; they are causes one of another, and both well known to God. He covers each Psalm in a user-friendly format that teaches the Psalms instructively. This psalm provides reasons for trusting Yahweh: Unlike the princes of verses 3-4, Yahweh will reign forever God hath said unto him, Thou art my Son, and it becomes each of us to say to him, Thou art my Lord, my Sovereign'. This repetition, no doubt, is to emphasize what’s being said and heighten the excitement surrounding the entering of the Ark into Jerusalem. COMMENTARY ON THE PSALMS, BY E. W. HENGSTENBERG, DOCTOR AND PROFESSOR OF THEOLOGY IN BERLIN FOURTH EDITION, CAREFULLY REVISED. Derek Kidner, Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries (TOTC), InterVarsity Press, 1973, 196 pp. Matthew 21:16. HINT: Since there are such a large number of resources on this page (>10,000 links) you might consider beginning with the more recent commentaries that briefly discuss all 150 Psalms - Paul Apple (750 pages), Thomas Constable, David Guzik, Bob Utley.For more devotional thoughts consider Spurgeon's The Treasury of David, … Der kurze Psalm 127 ist nach der Zählung der Septuaginta und der Vulgata Psalm 126. We have no precise occasion for this psalm, but it may well have been on the bringing of the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem (2 Samuel 6). Psalm 8 Commentary: In the New Testament. The favour and protection of God are the only sure rest and comfort of the soul in this evil world. ). I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. 1. Wenn nicht der HERR die Stadt behütet, wacht umsonst, der sie behütet. Er schafft Heil mit seiner Rechten und mit seinem heiligen Arm. Commentary on Psalm 2:7-9 (Read Psalm 2:7-9) The kingdom of the Messiah is founded upon an eternal decree of God the Father. Read Psalm 24 9 Meaning. Study the bible online using commentary on Psalms 18 and more! A Commentary on the Psalms (Kregel Exegetical Library, 3 Volumes) by Allen Ross $$$ Allen Ross has written a masterful three-volume commentary on the Psalter. Psalm 17:13 Rise up, LORD, confront them, bring them down; with your sword rescue me from the wicked. Psalm 139:13. Read Psalms 18 commentary using John Gill's Exposition of the Bible. Thou hast possessed — Or, thou dost possess, my reins — The most inward and hidden part of my body, supposed also to be the seat of men’s lusts and passions: thou dwellest in them, thou art the owner and governor of them, and therefore must needs know them. Biblical Commentary (Bible study) Psalm 146 EXEGESIS: INTRODUCTION: Psalms 146-150 form a closing unit for this book, each of these five psalms beginning and ending with "Praise the Lord" (Hebrew: halal Yah––Hallelujah!). Probably this Psalm was written after the crushing out of the great revolt under Absalom, and well might David ascribe to the divine hand his deliverance from that trial. BOOK V Psalms 107–150 - Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 113 is the third psalm in a group of psalms in Book Five known as the hallelujah psalms (Psalms 111-118). And we’re supposed to take it from David – he’s been there! PSALM FIRST. Commentary on Psalm 113 . Learn more. Such phrases leap to mind each time a Christian lifts his heart to God. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 95 appears in a grouping of psalms that focus on the reign of God (Psalms 93, 95-99). 13. Psalms 17:13 Context. Psalms 131, 133 and 134 each have three verses. Psalm 15 – The Character of the One God Receives. EDINBURGH: T. & T. CLARK, 38, GEORGE STREET. In mittelalterlich-lateinischer Tradition wird er auch nach seinen Anfangsworten benannt: Nisi Dominus ædificaverit domum. According to mahalath. Free Bible commentary on the Book of Psalms in Easy English - written by Gordon Churchyard for MissionAssist. In it, David meditates over the character of the man received into the presence of God. Best Commentaries on Psalms. 2 Der HERR lässt sein Heil verkündigen; vor den Völkern macht er seine Gerechtigkeit offenbar. Wenn der HERR nicht die Stadt behütet, so wacht der Wächter umsonst. Then we see repetition in verses 9 and 10 that mirrors verses 7 and 8. Singet dem HERRN ein neues Lied, denn er tut Wunder. Facebook-twitter-g+-LinkedIN-Email .