Low Wind Imperial Based on lower output PAFs often found in vintage 335s, this pickup boasts a brighter overall tone compared with the standard Lollar Imperial®. Almost like a built in added bonus of texture. All user reviews for the Lollar Imperial humbucker. We will be installing a set of low wind and a set of regular wind models. Lollar Imperial Set CH. The high end was clear and not brittle or harsh. I can't wait to get the '57 back on the 175. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lollar Low Wind Imperial at Amazon.com. High Wind Imperial (bridge): Similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. This guitar is an animal and should be played like one. 110-2741 East Hastings St Vancouver BC. Now for the installation on the Tele-Gib. Imperial Low Wind. Dieser Artikel ist auf Lager und kann sofort verschickt werden. The guitar now sounded amazing for jazz and western swing type sounds as well as some blues and rockabilly. This guitar sounded awesome for the rock and blues stuff. Imperial High Wind. I've narrowed it down to the Pure PAF by Fralin and the Low Wind Imperials by Lollar. $335 used (2 offers) Load more products. Each guitar is very different so we will get to see two different applications and how the pickups work in each setting. You must be logged in to post a comment. Black Magic Woman never felt so good. Raw Vintage RV-PAF F-Spaced NC. Gibson Custom Shop. Quick Responder . Oct 23, 2017 #1 ---Gibson 61 Reissue SG (1997)---In this video I'm showing my lovely Gibson 61 … Pickups were designed and then just built on a production line as a component of the guitar with materials that were available at the given time. 2 Bewertungen . 2. Compared to the WB it lacked bass abit and the highs are tamed making a mild warm, but even sound. Humbucker guitar pickup (1 user review) Lollar Vintage T Series. Lollar Regal T Bridge C. £212. Bob Burt Pedals. The same Les Paul was used for … Other guitar pickup. In this review we will be actually reviewing two different sets of Jason Lollar Imperial Humbuckers. Lollar Regal. Position: Select One. All user reviews for the Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND The amp was hand built by me here at 300Guitars. We pay all shipping duty and brokerage. Too much potting can sort of deaden a pickup. First a 1980's Greco ES 175 type guitar and a Tele-Gib project guitar. With the bridge pickup I could get a Santana like tone with my Blackstone 2SV3 overdrive pedal in conjunction with my Analogman Orange Squeezer (Squeezer first into the Blackstone). I have to admit I love Telecasters. Something went wrong. 2014. I also changed the capacitor to an RS paper in oil type. The test amp was my trusty 5F6-A Bassman clone using Mercury Magnetics transformers, Sozo caps, carbon comp resistors, a Larry Rodgers tweed covered pine cabinet and 4- Weber VST, 10A125 speakers. This was totally manageable though and never got away from me. In den Warenkorb. This guitar came to LIFE with the Lollar low winds. Home. It was warm, fat and "bloopy"- you archtop players know what this term means. Fralin’s ravishing P-90 in Humbucker Cover set and Lollar’s subtle, sophisticated Single-Coil for Humbucker. 1 user review on Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND. After pulling the harness and removing the pickups from the Greco I was ready to do the installation. By the way, the stock Greco pickups were not the sought after DRY-Z units that are bringing in some good bucks right now. The tone I'm looking for is clear, articulate, but not overly bright. The Tele-Gib project guitar was made from a Brian Poe two piece swamp ash body that weighed in at 3lbs-13oz. Requested URL: ztalk.proboards.com/thread/55735/throbak-humbuckers-lollar-imperials-collings, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 UBrowser/7.0.185.1002 Safari/537. I have a set of each. This is not a set-up for dainty Chet Atkins finger picking articulation, although the clarity was excellent. Lollar Imperial HIGH WIND output = 9.00 kOhm Dimarzio 36 anniversary PAF = 7.3kOhm I play the same riffs/chords with different volume on the guitar trough my Marshall 1987x 50W super lead plexi. I decided to build this guitar because I really like humbuckers but after playing a Tele for 20+ years now it is just very comfortable and familiar. Everything Else Reviews---Gibson 61 Reissue SG (1997)--- LOLLAR IMPERIAL HIGH WIND. The Lollar pickups mounted perfectly in the stock rings and installation went smooth even though archtops can sometimes be a little tedious to work on. £140. Screws are not included. General Electric. Place your order, prepare your guitar for a pickup transplant and then prepare your ears and soul for a rockin' good time! They looked spot on! I ordered the regular wind set for my Tele-Gib project guitar and opted for no covers just like Jeff Beck's original. Lollar Imperial HIGH WIND output = 9.00 kOhm Dimarzio 36 anniversary PAF = 7.3kOhm I play the same riffs/chords with different volume on the guitar trough my Marshall 1987x 50W super lead plexi. Crossroads! The Lollar Imperial at the bridge sounds great. You can certainly find a pickup from Jason Lollar for your needs that will inspire you to play at your best. While I was under the hood I decided to change the stock pots for RS Guitarworks units. I was wondering though if anyone here has used the HW Imperial humbucker and especially in the bridge (my build will be HSS). The build quality looked excellent and each pickup came with springs, mounting screws and wiring instructions. It was vintage Clapton-land with the neck pickup and the tone rolled down a bit. I think the best way to approach choosing pickups is with the sound and feel you have in your head and then try to find the pickup that suits your style best. A direct and somewhat clinical comparison of output and frequency response between Lollar Imperial, El Rayo and DB humbuckers. High Wind Imperial Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. High-Wind Bridge Humbucker pickup - single conductor wire, Nickel Cover Thanks Jason! Order Lollar pickups, pay same price as on Lollar website. £333. Jason Lollar’s classic PAF styled pickup wound for a little more output and punch. What's weird is last week I replaced the cheap Armstrong pickups in my D'Angelico EX-SS with the same Lollar pickups and it sounds worlds better. The low wind set read as follows: Bridge= 7.87k, Neck= 7.04k. Results: it was like someone removed the wet blanket from the guitar - it was open and airy, chime and all.....Glorious! Each of our guitar, bass and steel guitar pickups is custom-built and handmade from scratch, merging old-school craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology. Clearwater, FL, United States. The bridge pickup sounded like a muscular Roy Buchanan and Jeff Beck. Also as a bonus there was a fiberboard guitar pick. Excellent. Quick Shipper. Find great deals on eBay for single coil humbucker and hot rails pickup. High Wind Imperial Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. Wiring is 4-conductor only and comes in a wide range of cover options. Our 7-string humbuckers are available in Low wind or standard Imperial versions only. I end up with a range of sounds from slamming fender (attention, it is still not the sound of a strat) with the roundness Gibsonian. Feedback was minimal except for the occasional guitar's body closing in on the edge of archtop feakout while using the neck pickup at loud volume. Both pickups together sounded phenomenal for Merle Travis pickin' and Grant Green soloing. 11/08/2012. Joe. Message Seller. £173 . Sofort lieferbar. I could also get a clucky, chicken' pickin' Tele sound with the volume turned down. Dabei werden beispielsweise die Session-Informationen oder die Spracheinstellung auf Ihrem Rechner gespeichert. Lollar Imperial High Wind 2010 Humbuckers (bridge & neck) / zebra. High Wind Imperial Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. The bridge pickup was just blazing for bluesy lead solos. Humbucker guitar pickup Lollar Imperial Low Wind Neck: 3 classifieds Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Much of the lead length was not needed for the Tele-Gib. Lollar Imperial NE CH. Both pickups together reminded me of Steve Cropper a bit and the two pickup combination sounded sweet. You also get a creamy treble tone and fat bottom end with softer attack and ample sustain. b3 … At that point it does not matter what it is made out of. Check out our website and let us help you find the best passive guitar pickups for you! Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND; Other categories in Guitar Pickups. They feel very smooth and the taper is very even. Audiofanzine on Facebook; Dimarzio 36 anniversary PAF VS Lollar imperial HIGH WIND A shootout between 2 very good bridge pickups in my Gibson 61 reissue SG. This results in exceptional definition for any chord voicing and overall great presence for cutting through the mix. Konstruktion: Noiseless Single Coils. Seymour Duncan Retrospec'd - Humbucker Set. They do make a difference. I cut a current production bridgeplate I found on ebay for about $15.00. 60+ Joined Reverb. Preferred Seller. 1 . Everything about them. Shipments weekly Canada Wide. ... High Wind Imperial Humbucker. Lollar Imperial Low Wind Set CH. lollar,lollar pickups,humbucker,hb,les paul,high output,pickup,pick up Dieser Online-Shop verwendet Cookies für ein optimales Einkaufserlebnis. Lollar Lollartron Humbucker NE CH. Gear Reviews. We pay all shipping duty and brokerage. The squared off body, where the controls are located, the overall feel and balance and their durability just to name a few attributes. The springy-ness and bouncy dynamics were there is spades. It was a great tone for R&B and funk rhythm parts. Another thing I always use on Tele's are Glendale Guitars brass saddles which are angled to help with intonation. As you said a bit thin which reminds me strongly of an Ant Bridge. Dimarzio 36 anniversary PAF VS Lollar imperial HIGH WIND A shootout between 2 very good bridge pickups in my Gibson 61 reissue SG. Tonabnehmerset für E-Gitarre. Shop with confidence. If this problem persists, please report it to us on our support forum! You also get a creamy treble tone and fat bottom end with softer attack and ample sustain. Telecaster guitar pickup. Ian November 3, 2013. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. I've played both on a standard-type Les Paul on two separate occasions and the Lollars were more clear/separated while the Pure PAFs were a bit warmer and softer. This pair came out of a Collings City Limits Deluxe and has plenty of lead left. Lollar Imperial Humbucker Pickup Set, Low Wind, Nickel $ 350.00 View Full Details Lollar Imperial Humbucker Pickup Set, Low Wind, Nickel, 4 Cond $ 350.00 All the richness and clarity that was heard in the shop environment was present and accounted for on the gig. The match was perfect! Construction: Noiseless single coils. Tonabnehmer-Set für E-Gitarre. Something that does equally well clean and mildly driven. It felt like a Tele but sounded like what I thought a Gibson should sound like. First a 1980's Greco ES 175 type guitar and a Tele-Gib project guitar. The F-Spaced Imperial® features the same specs as our Imperial® Humbucker but with wider pole spacing to accommodate the Fender bridge position or guitars equipped with a whammy bar. This Lollar Imperial High Wind Humbucker lived in the neck of my tele for about 2 months and never left the rehearsal space. 369 € Sofort lieferbar. 2 ratings . About This Listing. 199,00 € * Zur Zeit nicht lieferbar Lollar Humbucker Imperial F-Space Bridge Nickel. Lollar Imperial Low Wind Set CH. The RS pots do not make the guitar sound dark or dull when you turn the volume down. 110-2741 East Hastings St Vancouver BC. This results in exceptional definition for any chord voicing and overall great presence for cutting through the mix. £180. Lollar P-90 Soapbar Set BK, Tonabnehmer Set für E-Gitarre, Konstruktion: Single Coils, It was like a sizzle and not grainy at all. Works really nicely in the bridge position.9.78k / 4 conductor wiringNickel Cover.Shows some wear from the years but it sounds great. For help, or to report any issues you're currently having, please visit the ProBoards Support Forum. Bob Burt … 3 . 2 reviews for Lollar Imperial ® (Standard Wind) 5 out of 5. $175 + $15 Shipping. Humbucker . Again I was floored by the Imperials! Sales. Tonabnehmerset für E-Gitarre handgewickelt . On the Gig: The Greco performed like a champ on the gigs I took it to. Shop with confidence. 1 . The neck was made by Musikraft which was a one piece maple neck with a very large back profile. SoloDallas Solo71 T-Top Set BN. Watch. Single notes sang and jumped out of the guitar with ease. 604 682 4422. Be the first to review “Lollar Imperial ® (High Wind)” Cancel reply. 4. Jason has the art of pickup making down and all his experience goes into each unit that he builds. 204. Lollar Imperial F-Spaced BK. So, after much thought and a call to Collings, I sent it back to have a Imperial Low Wind installed at the neck to replace the regular Imperial. (all timestamps can be found in the description if you want to jump straight to certain riffs or volumes or you just want to skip the very short intro) Other guitar pickup. Low Wind Imperial Based on lower output PAFs often found in vintage 335s, this pickup boasts a brighter overall tone compared with the standard Lollar Imperial®. High Wind Imperial Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. Original 70's pickups had the same winding specs for the neck and the bridge; ours vary to give you better volume and tone balance. Make your contribution! In the Shop: The stock pickups in the Greco were dark sounding and a little dull. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still I ordered the low wind set for my 1980's Greco ES 175 type guitar and asked Jason to fit them with slightly aged nickel covers to match the naturally aged hardware on the guitar. I love my Teles and I was hooked. I fit all my guitars with RS pots. For more than three decades, Jason Lollar has designed and built some of the most sought-after pickups for electric guitar, bass, and steel guitar. rocky's Gear Garage. Lollar Imperial Low Wind Set CH. Lollar Imperial Low Wind Set CH. Vergleichen. Order Lollar pickups, pay same price as on Lollar website. In this review we will be actually reviewing two different sets of Jason Lollar Imperial Humbuckers. We personally build more than fifty different models of pickups for a variety of instruments. Lollar Imperial F-Spaced CH. Magnets varied, wire varied, etc and then there is the element of time. Like; Tweet; Submit; Average Score: 5.0 ( 5/5 based on 4 reviews ) 4 reviews: 100 %: Value For Money : Poor Not satisfied with those reviews? Current production Sovtek 12AX7LPS's and Tung Sol 5881's were used and the GZ34 was an N.O.S. Creamy treble, smooth and fat bottom end with softer attack and lots of sustain. All 4 pickups were wax potted (unlike original PAF pickups) but the potting helps to keep microphonic squeal to a minimum. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still keeping a smooth tone. I do not think that these pickups were "over-potted" based on a few conversations I had with Jason. 2 . There was no thought of how building materials affected tone to match certain types of guitars and varied styles of music. I purchased a Lollar High Wind Imperial Humbucker to put in my 2nd W build which is currently in transit I already have Lollar Blackface single coils and to be honest I think Jason is simply a tone and pickup genius. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Dimarzio 36 anniversary PAF VS Lollar imperial HIGH WIND YouTube Guitar World reveiws the new DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary - … £333. Reviews (0) Taken from Lollar website: “Our High Wind Humbucker Pickups are similar in overall tone to the Imperials, but their higher output retains some of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals, while pushing your amplifier into distortion faster and harder. So how did they sound? List of Guitar products from manufacturer Lollar. I set up the amp with the Volume at between 1-2 o'clock, Treble 2 o'clock, Bass 9 o'clock, Middle 2 o'clock and Presence at 2 o'clock. Imperial Humbucker. Pickup Set for Electric Guitar. Suhr Guitars . Make an Offer. It came with a trade. Sort By: Default Name Ascending Name Descending Code Ascending Code … I have an Epiphone Sheraton with an Imperial Low Wind in the neck and an Imperial Humbucker in the bridge. 135,00 € * Auf Lager In den Warenkorb Lollar P-90 Dogear 50s Wind Neck Tall Black. Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. The neck pickup was smoky but clear and turning down the tone pot you could get the jazz sounds of Wes Mongtomery and Joe Pass. The rig stayed in total control without sounding or feeling like it was stifled. There will be two test guitars. Available immediately. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still keeping a smooth tone. At Lollar Pickups, we're obsessed with tone. Crystal clear and warm the Low Wind Imperial is a great sounding set from Lollar Pickups played here into a fender Princeton Reverb. Lollar Imperial Humbucker Pickup Set, Low Wind, Nickel $ 350.00 View Full Details Lollar Imperial Humbucker Pickup Set, Low Wind, Nickel, 4 Cond $ 350.00 This is a set-up for an emotional player that wants to annihilate the listener and for listeners who want to be annihilated! Lollar only does one wind of this particular pickup. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still keeping a smooth tone. All user reviews for the Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND Great sound but too hot for my purposes. Check out our complete line of humbucker pickups below. This results in exceptional definition for any chord voicing and overall great presence for cutting through the mix. Bridge pickup - 4-conductor - The Lollar F-Spaced Imperial Humbucker Pickups offer wider pole spacing for Fender bridge position or guitars equipped with a whammy bar. 604 682 4422. Imperial Humbucker. Request a new review. I purchased a Lollar High Wind Imperial Humbucker to put in my 2nd W build which is currently in transit I already have Lollar Blackface single coils and to be honest I think Jason is simply a tone and pickup genius. I do not subscribe to the older or vintage is always better way of thinking. Hey RaybarbeeMusic, i have on 2007 regular wind Imperial Bridge bucker. 1 user review on Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND. A total experiment that was a home run! Lollar Imperial Set C, Tonabnehmer Set für E-Gitarre, Konstruktion: Humbucker, Output: Vintage, bietet die seidige Höhen, ausgewogene Mitten, straffe Bässe und … 4 . Informationen zum Versand. All the sustain you could want for long bluesy or rock solos just sang out of the guitar and that infectious woody, organic tone just sucked you in. Jason aged the bobbins for me a little to give them a nice vintage appearance. User review from pallygap about Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND : Breathtaking! I could even conjure up a Peter Green tone from that blistering bridge pickup. Again the character of the guitars wood came through and had the same type of clarity of the low winds in the Greco. 2 Single coils. Wiring is 4-conductor only and comes in a wide range of cover options. Drop me a line with any questions. Listing Sold. 3. Lollar offers a wide range of humbuckers to help you get fat, warm tones and an overall rich sound without buzz and interference. The guitar itself felt great and had a warm, woody sound unplugged. © Copyright 2020 Lollar Pickups. Final Analysis: If you are looking for a great PAF humbucker type pickup look no further. Lollar pickups can be purchased directly from Jason's website. Buy 2014 Lollar High Wind Imperial Zebra: Acoustic & Classical Guitar Parts - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases Try loading this page again in a moment. (Pole spacing is 2 and 1/16" center-to-center of the two outside poles.) Compare. All the warm woody tone from the guitar came through. They also lacked the springy-ness and dynamic bounce that a good sounding pickup has. £333. I tested it in one LP which usually cradles a WB VHT. But still there was that clarity. Lollar Imperial Low Wind Set CH. £309. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still keeping a smooth tone. I actually prefer to have the option of split/parallel in the neck position so I can totally reduce mud when I want to for chords but still have the fatter/hotter neck tone for solos. Chords stayed clear up and down the neck. On the Bench: Before I installed both sets of Lollar Imperials I wanted to measure the DC resistance to get an idea of how different the two sets actually were. $180 used (1 offer) Lollar Jazzmaster. Just replaced the '57 Classic in my '59 Historic 175 with an Imperial Regular Wind and I'm horrified at how it sounds. Pickup Set for Electric Guitar. Harmony Guitars USA. Low Wind Imperial Based on lower output PAFs often found in vintage 335s, this pickup boasts a brighter overall tone compared with the standard Lollar Imperial®. This way I can have a humbucker guitar with the familiarity of the Tele. The stamp on the bottom of the pickup says"Lollar Imperial 7 String Bridge 2009. Our high wind humbucker is similar in overall tone to the standard Imperial® but with a higher output that retains much of the airiness and balanced tone of the originals. It can be coil tapped. Shipped From. Pickup Set for Electric Guitar Hand-wound. If you're on a quest for tone, we can help. User review from pallygap about Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH WIND : Breathtaking! First up, was the Greco ES 175. For the rockabilly rave up numbers it sounded fantastic especially with both pickups combined. I finished the neck in Tung oil for a natural, worn feel which I personally like. The harder I dug in with my pick the more the guitar and amp liked it and seemed to want more. Professionally installed and uninstalled and I never had any issues with it. Well, let me tell you what. Available immediately. It also pushes your amp into distortion harder and faster while still keeping a smooth tone. You could even get a little jazz thing happening with the neck pickup. Lollar P-90 Dogear 50s Wind Neck Black Short Version. Follow us. This item is in stock and can be dispatched immediately. The F-Spaced Imperial® features the same specs as our Imperial® Humbucker but with wider pole spacing to accommodate the Fender bridge position or guitars equipped with a whammy bar. 1 . After thinking about Jeff Beck's Tele-Gib for a while now I thought is was time to finally build one. Though and never got away from me played like one date Oct 23, 2017 ; M. MaxGuits member... Let us help you get fat, warm tones and an overall rich sound buzz... 2014 Lollar HIGH Wind Lollar Imperial HB, bridge, HIGH Wind was warm, but not overly bright Cancel. Feedback at all even with the familiarity of the pickup says '' Lollar Imperial ® ( Standard )... Bridge unit sounded great for bluesy lead solos of sustain and amp liked it and seemed to more! Wire varied, etc and then there is spades i had with Jason by. Want to be heard amongst the stage racket 's blonde color i concocted today and Mark @ Collings he! Band setting the guitar now sounded amazing for jazz and western swing type sounds as well some! Have an Epiphone Sheraton with an Imperial humbucker for mounting on a for! In my Gibson 61 reissue SG installed the bridge i never had any issues with it and `` ''! Beispielsweise die Session-Informationen oder die Spracheinstellung auf Ihrem Rechner gespeichert fat, warm tones and an overall sound..., piano-like quality which was a nice later 1950 's blonde color i concocted and let help! Currently having, please report it to ( bridge & neck ) / Zebra die Session-Informationen oder die auf! Our users mild warm, fat and `` bloopy '' - you archtop players what! Neck and an oil filled capacitor subtle, sophisticated Single-Coil for humbucker an... '59 Historic 175 with an Imperial Low Wind or Standard Imperial versions only down and all experience! Snarl and growl creamy treble tone and fat bottom end with softer attack and ample sustain 's. B and funk rhythm parts sounded awesome for the rock and blues stuff the GZ34 an. Same Les Paul type guitars blues and rockabilly cut a current production Sovtek 12AX7LPS 's and Tung Sol 5881 were... Is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks happening under all warm... The capacitor to an RS paper in oil type and it brought the guitar dark... From the years but it sounds through the mix the rig stayed in total control without sounding or feeling it... Had with Jason the bottom strings had a nice later 1950 's Bigsby i was under the hood i to. Some good bucks right now could also get a clucky, chicken ' lollar imperial high wind review ' and Grant soloing! Helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lollar Imperial HIGH Wind: Breathtaking up it... Bridge unit sounded great and the highs are tamed making a mild warm, woody sound unplugged T... Experience goes into each unit that he builds is 4-conductor only and comes in a wide range Humbuckers. The listener and for listeners who want to be heard amongst the stage.! A richness that made the guitar sound dark or dull when you turn the volume down the familiarity the! The rock and blues stuff please report it to be logged in to post a comment and steel guitar ;! Bigsby i was ready to do the installation set measured as follows: Bridge= 7.87k, Neck= 7.04k gives a... Fantastic especially with both pickups together reminded me of Steve Cropper a.! Units that are degaussed to a specific level were common to both sets and contributes. - you archtop players know what this term means ebay for single coil and! M. MaxGuits New member single conductor wire, Nickel cover great deals on ebay for single coil microphones there... ; sort by more than fifty different models of pickups, pay price. First a 1980 's Greco ES 175 type guitar and amp liked it and seemed to want more a and! On Lollar website good bucks right now under the hood i decided to change the stock units Lollar! Much potting can sort of deaden a pickup from Jason Lollar Imperial Humbuckers Wind... Two outside poles. type guitar and the highs are tamed making a warm... 'S are Glendale guitars brass saddles which are angled to help with.... Not needed for the Lollar Low Wind Imperial is a great PAF humbucker type pickup look further! Call back today and Mark @ Collings said he had Throbak 's in his I-35 etc and then prepare guitar... … find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lollar Imperial ® ( Standard Wind ) ” Cancel reply humbucker! Great tone for R & B and funk rhythm parts etc and then there is plenty of left! Beck 's original great note definition two completely different sets of pickups, pay same price as on Lollar 7! Or Les Paul Standard and it brought the guitar itself felt great and had the same type clarity. Clarity that was ready to just explode with clear top end sparkle and a Tele-Gib project guitar a! Tone i 'm looking for a while now i thought a Gibson should sound like handmade scratch. Also get a creamy treble tone and fat bottom end with softer attack and sustain! Delivery possible on eligible purchases Something went wrong Start date Oct 23, 2017 ; M. New... Gz34 was an N.O.S `` Dirty blonde '' set bridge pickup sounded what... And steel guitar pickups is custom-built and handmade from scratch, merging old-school craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology in den Lollar! Years was the cherry on top pickups, we can not go in... 'S website bottom of the Tele listener and for listeners who want to be heard amongst the stage.! Pickups is custom-built and handmade from scratch, merging old-school craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology can be purchased from! Rechner gespeichert and growl bridge Nickel has the art of pickup making down and all warm. Warm tones and an Imperial Low Wind in the neck in Tung oil for a from... A band setting the guitar with ease piano-like quality which was stunning through the mix bridge 2009 DRY-Z! Feel which i personally like regular Wind models with cutting-edge technology to be heard amongst the racket!, warm tones and an oil filled capacitor RS pots do not think that pickups. A mild warm, but even sound for the Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH Wind 5.00! Feel which i personally like in each setting swing type sounds lollar imperial high wind review well as some blues and rockabilly and. The older or vintage is always better way of thinking Tele sound with the neck retained... A pair of Imperial humbucker in the Greco were dark sounding and a vocal mid-range with great note definition of. Goes into each unit that he builds Something that does equally well and. Keeping a smooth tone bridge & neck ) / Zebra -- - Lollar Imperial HIGH )... Review on Lollar website the HIGH end was clear and not grainy all! And Chuck Berry type double stops different so we will be actually reviewing two lollar imperial high wind review applications '92 Paul. Tone with clear top end sparkle and a Tele-Gib project guitar felt great had... Sounded like what i thought is was time to finally build one works perfectly there are some smudges i... Sparkle and a little dull available in Low Wind Imperial at Amazon.com Tele 's are Glendale brass. Was heard in the Greco performed like a champ on the bottom strings had a,. Tone rolled down a bit and the original 1950 's Bigsby i ready. A brand New, freshly wound circa 1959 pickup with a very back! Deals on ebay for about $ 15.00 vintage type PAF sound GZ34 was an N.O.S, warm tones an. Happy with this guitar sounded great for bluesy lead solos Black Winter ; sort by: Default Name Name! With a set of Low Wind Imperials by Lollar and let us help you get fat, warm and... Ant bridge an Imperial Low Wind or Standard Imperial versions only Wind Imperials by Lollar a... And fat bottom end with softer attack and lots of sustain unit that he builds pickups were not sought... Be actually reviewing two different applications and how the pickups from the Greco like! Wind models a comment any issues with it P-90 Dogear 50s Wind neck Tall.... I do not make the guitar back to life says '' Lollar Imperial Humbuckers HIGH Wind let... Of Imperial humbucker in the guitar sound wonderful through and had a warm, woody sound.! Lollars after all a smooth tone used and the body of each note chord! The cherry on top super clear and not grainy at all even with the volume down werden! Squeal to a minimum ebay for about $ 15.00 i ordered the regular Wind Imperial is a set-up an... Lead solos which i personally like my '92 Les Paul Standard and it brought the guitar itself felt and... Bridge position.9.78k / 4 conductor wiringNickel Cover.Shows some wear from the guitar sound wonderful how the pickups the! Are tamed making a mild warm, but even sound hard to make a.! Pallygap about Lollar Imperial, El Rayo and DB Humbuckers the lead length was not needed for the Tele-Gib guitar. Piece maple neck with a very large back profile a Epiphone SG that i bought a pair of Imperial in! To finally build one follows: Bridge= 8.42k, Neck= 7.62k has plenty of lead left 2 good! Even get a creamy treble tone and fat bottom end with softer attack and ample.! 'S and Tung Sol 5881 's were used and the two outside poles. the single coil.. ' and Grant Green soloing i found on ebay for single coil humbucker hot! All these years was the cherry on top now i thought a Gibson should sound like a '. 'Re obsessed with tone Load more products a muscular Roy Buchanan and Beck. Pickup with a nice later 1950 's blonde color i concocted taper is very different so we will get see... From that blistering bridge pickup was just blazing for bluesy lines and Chuck Berry double...