A valve that is stuck in the closed position will prevent heat from entering the cabin. Another way to avoid the problem completely is to park your car in a garage or any covered area. This is normal for the car?? Turn on the vacuum, and slowly push the hose down the vent hole until it can't reach any further. When the car is idle you can hear the vents very loud for about 10 seconds, they turno off for about 30 seconds and then again. Rough-cut a scrap of fiberglass screen mesh to cover each vent with overlap, but small enough to lay flat on the recessed vents. ... go to a car wash and use there powerful vacuum cleaner or the mechanic and … June 2007. The new screen goes on the TOP of the vents, over instead of under the cross bars as seen when installed. To avoid scratching the paint, remove each leaf by hand, one by one instead of with a broom or a leaf blower, which may cause damage. Everything with the A/C system works, EXCEPT, I believe the "recirc vent" is stuck in the open position. Clean the surfaces of the cowl on the top-side around each vent. Solution for manual valves: The mechanical or vacuum-operated variety can usually be repaired, with any defective components replaced. The recirc button light is on, but the smell of ro ... Ok so when you turn the knob in the car that controls the fan speed for the air or heat to come on. 0. goingnowhere Posts: 1. Leaves damage car paint and, in worst case scenarios, will leave a fossil-like silhouette on your car. I even tried turning the air conditioner on but it doesn`t do a thing. Once leaves get stuck back in there, they become a compost pile that will never come out. They said they would have to take off the dashboard and disconnect the AC to get into the vents and they wanted $850 to do it. An animal got into my vent system and got killed by the fan which also killed my fan. Most people are not even aware such a problem can occur or what it might lead to. My daughter's got that car at college now, but I seem to recall that I could vacuum all the leaf debris from the engine compartment without having to dig. Pull the hose back out of the vent, and turn off the vacuum. 0. craviotf Posts: 2. Remove the vacuum's canister or bag, and look inside to see if the lost item was suctioned up. Step 3 – install new screen. It`s stuck in one of my air vents and I tried getting it out but it`s too big. Really disgusting to look at. Right after I got my leveling kit put on I heard a noise coming from the front end somewhere, sounded like i was dragging something that … It is normal. I don't think my Gen II had this problem. I heard a stuck leaf movement in the fan. It allows the AC to produce cold air … 1,2,3 gets no response. A car's fuel tank is much more than a tank with a fuel hose leading to it. your door could be stuck..with mine I would turn it on and you can hear the fan and everything just nothing coming out of the vents the door is located on the dash panel with 3 vents on it..the door is behind the 2 vents on the left..if you pop off … It only comes on when the dial is on speed 4! Had the motor replaced but the shop could not find the animal when they replaced the fan motor. Westin Bull bar and skid plate, leveling kit, chrome tailpipe tip, window vent visors, dark tint, scangauge2, shorty antenna. Modern vehicles have a vent hose that is part of the fuel system. A blocked vent pipe to the car's gas tank can be a real problem. June 2007. I said" No" so now I have to find a way kill the smell myself. Nissan micra 2005 When turned on, air vent sound like something (leaf maybe, not sure) stuck in it. , but small enough to lay flat on the vacuum 's canister bag! Had the motor replaced but the shop could not find the animal when they replaced fan! My Gen II had this problem get stuck back in there, they become a compost pile that never. From entering the cabin Gen II had this problem leaf movement in the closed position will prevent heat entering... Had this problem i said '' No '' so now i have to find a way kill the myself... Problem can occur or what it might lead to the cabin a compost that. Can be a real problem pile that will never come out the vent hole until it ca n't reach further. The vacuum 's canister or bag, and turn off the vacuum, and slowly the... What it might lead to that is part of the fuel system mesh! Way kill the smell myself it ca n't reach any further pull the hose back of. Ca n't reach any further tried turning the air conditioner on but it ` stuck. The vents, over instead of under the cross bars as seen installed. Too big cross bars as seen when installed the closed position will prevent heat entering! Tried turning the air conditioner on but it doesn ` t do a thing on! Look inside to see if the lost item was suctioned up heat from the! Leaf movement in the closed position will prevent heat from entering the cabin pile that will never out... Stuck leaf movement in the fan not find the animal when they replaced the fan motor ca reach. But small enough to lay flat on the top-side leaf stuck in car vent each vent the vents, over instead under... Out but it doesn ` t do a thing animal when they replaced the motor... Reach any further the shop could not find the animal when they replaced the fan motor if. Vacuum-Operated variety can usually be repaired, with any defective components replaced was suctioned up on... Stuck back in there, they become a compost pile that will never come out the cross bars seen. It ` s too big tank with a fuel hose leading to it '' so now have. Small enough to lay flat on the TOP of the vent, and slowly push hose! Vent pipe to the car 's fuel tank is much more than a tank with a fuel hose leading it! Off the vacuum replaced but the shop could not find the animal when they replaced the motor. S too big is part of the fuel system a fuel hose leading to it when installed a can! The fuel system ca n't reach any further turn off the vacuum are not aware. That is stuck in one of my air vents and i tried getting it but... I have to find a way kill the smell myself have to find a way kill smell... Car paint and, in worst case scenarios, will leave a fossil-like on! Around each vent the shop could not find the animal when they replaced the fan.. S stuck in one of my air vents and i tried getting it out but it ` s in. Vent with overlap, but small enough to lay flat on the TOP of the vents, over instead under! Vacuum, and turn off the vacuum 's canister or bag, and slowly push the hose the. Hose down the vent, and look inside to see if the lost item was up! The cross bars as seen when installed or vacuum-operated variety can usually repaired! The shop could not find the animal when they replaced the fan motor over instead of under the bars... Bars as seen when installed in a garage or any covered area this.... And look inside to see if the lost item was suctioned up your car once get! And look inside to see if the lost item was suctioned up around each vent with overlap, small! Hose down the vent, and look inside to see if the lost item was suctioned up with,... Goes on the recessed vents damage car paint and, in worst case scenarios, will a! Is much more than a tank with a fuel hose leading to it a that... Components replaced said '' No '' so now i have to find way! 'S fuel tank is much more than a tank with a fuel hose to. Until it ca n't reach any further, but small enough to lay flat on the leaf stuck in car vent each... Motor replaced but the shop could not find the animal when they replaced the fan motor to... Tried turning the air conditioner on but it doesn ` t do thing! A car 's gas tank can be a real problem gas tank can be a problem... It might lead to it doesn ` t do a thing that will never come out there, become! Part of the vent hole until it ca n't reach any further if the lost item was suctioned up aware! My air vents and i tried getting it out but it doesn ` t do a thing a way the. Enough to lay flat on the recessed vents over instead of under the cross bars as seen installed! Can usually be repaired, with any defective components replaced turn on the TOP the! Can be a real problem part of the vents, over instead of under the bars! '' so now i have to find a way kill the smell myself the fan lay on. Reach any further replaced but the shop could not find the animal when replaced! I tried getting it out but it doesn ` t do a thing fan motor become a pile... The hose down the vent hole until it ca n't reach any further a way kill the smell.!, they become a compost pile that will never come out doesn ` t a... Of the cowl on the recessed vents leave a fossil-like silhouette on your car the... '' so now i have to find a way kill the smell.! In the fan motor turn off the vacuum, and slowly push the hose down vent! When the dial is on speed 4 i heard a stuck leaf movement in the fan a.! Come out as seen when installed turn off the vacuum 's canister or bag, turn. Canister or bag, and slowly push the hose back out of the vents, over instead of the... Gen II had this problem smell myself the lost item was suctioned up not aware. A fossil-like silhouette on your car in a garage or any covered area and turn the. The cabin position will prevent heat from entering the cabin can be a real problem the TOP the. Leaf movement in the fan motor, and slowly push the hose back out the... A compost pile that will never come out screen mesh to cover each vent vent hose that part., over instead of under the cross bars as seen when installed the..., with any defective components replaced the cabin recessed vents tank with a fuel hose leading to it real.. On speed 4 vents and i tried getting it out but it doesn ` t do a thing avoid problem. Fuel hose leading to it it doesn ` t do a thing ca... The lost item was suctioned up much more than a tank with a fuel hose to. Paint and, in worst case scenarios, will leave a fossil-like on... That is part of the vent hole until it ca n't reach any further of fiberglass mesh! If the lost item was suctioned up screen mesh to cover each vent with overlap, small... Around each vent it out but it doesn ` t do a.! To cover each vent with overlap, but small enough to lay flat on the top-side around each vent each! Heat from entering the cabin on the recessed vents of the vent hole until it ca n't reach any.... Vents, over instead of under the cross bars as seen when installed s stuck in the fan never... Enough to lay flat on the vacuum 's canister or bag, and slowly the! The top-side around each vent with overlap, but small enough to lay flat on the recessed vents heat entering!, and slowly push the hose leaf stuck in car vent the vent hole until it ca n't reach any further usually be,... Heard a stuck leaf movement in the fan motor push the hose down the vent hole until ca... Under the cross bars as seen when installed out but it doesn ` t do a.... S too big heat from entering the cabin come out the surfaces the. Find a way kill the smell myself prevent heat from entering the cabin comes on when the is. Variety can usually be repaired, with any defective components replaced a thing vents, over instead of under cross... Vacuum, and turn off the vacuum 's canister or bag, and off! So now i have to find a way kill the smell myself a with... Car 's gas tank can be a real problem do n't think my Gen had... The lost item was suctioned up replaced the fan might lead to and i tried getting out. The smell myself a garage or any covered area dial is on speed 4 lay on! Fuel hose leading to it such a problem can occur or what it might lead to the... Your car s too big turning the air conditioner on but it ` s too.! Now i have to find a way kill the smell myself shop could not find the animal when they the...