Once melted, stir in the flour until smooth. If there is a rind on the ham, such as from a ham steak, trim that off. I once added more and I found it to overpower the crepes. It melts very well and has a nutty, distinct – but not too assertive – flavor. “Dry” simply means do not use a sweet dessert wine like Riesling or Moscato. Place porcini mushrooms in large bowl. Tastes just like it. Just a bit, 1/2 teaspoon. Ha! Turn crepe out onto plate. Add 1 crêpe to the pan and quickly spread 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg over one half of the crepe. Place 1 ham slice in center of each crepe. Low carb and gluten-free, they're perfect for breakfast, lunch, or brunch! Dry white wine. I thought the sauce was bland, and needed salt. Turn crepe out onto plate. Pour 3 tablespoons batter into skillet and swirl to coat bottom evenly. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Crepes with Béchamel are filled with ham, potato, egg, and Gruyère cheese then topped with a luscious white wine béchamel sauce. 167. He said they were good comfort food. Cook until top appears dry, loosening sides of crepe with spatula, about 45 seconds. Garnish 5 to 6 slices of Ham Emmental Cheese. SERVING: Add fillings and drizzle warm bechamel sauce over fillings. Bake in the oven and to serve, garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Béchamel sauce (and in turn, cheese sauce) was one of the first things I ever learned to make when I was a young teenager starting to cook. I might try a variation by using thicker slices of ham, adding a few herbs and maybe some parmesan to the sauce. Visually divide the egg mixture into 12 sections, and top each crepe with 1 section/portion. Add some Swiss Cheese. Top each with 2 rounded tablespoons mushroom filling. absolute restaurant quality. The fillings are commonly added to the center of the crepe and … Lay a crepe on the counter in front of you. Season with salt and pepper. Use the same wine I described above with the crepes. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is hot and thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. You're sure to find the answer among these many delicious, Disney-inspired meals and treats. Whole or 1% would work too. These crepes are truly delicious. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through. In France, Turn the heat on low, and add in Dijon, salt and cheese. Add the mushrooms, ham and béchamel. Roll up crepe … The point is to add a bit of bite or acidity to cut the Béchamel and make it more interesting. Divide a quarter of ham and leeks mixture, and garnish with 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Gruyère. Rich and satisfying, this main course from L'Osteria del Forno in San Francisco is similar to cannelloni. Use homemade crepes or buy ready-made crepes. Top each with cheese and roll up. I wouldn't change a thing. Continue with the rest of the crepes and stack them side by side in the pyrex. It was a big hit. The sauce wasn't my favorite - it lacked something. Chardonnay, sauvignon, or Pino Grigio will work. With it being pancake day, check this little beauty out. To assemble, on a clean work surface, lay a crepe flat. Arrange 2 oz. 2 tbsp Vegetable oil or melted butter. Sep 15, 2012 - What's for dinner tonight? Also added some wilted spinach for colour and texture. i eliminated the porcini mushrooms and increased the button mushrooms, used leftover ham, and came up with a beautiful, elegant , and delicious dish Slowly whisk in hot milk. I added sage and Spoon remaining sauce over. Roll each crêpe and place in a baking dish. Only unsalted butter is deserving of entry into your kitchen. Also I used straw mushrooms and shitaka mushrooms in place of the porcini which I did not have. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. I served this for brunch with a Roasted Asparagus salad with Tangerine Dressing.It was perfect together! Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip the crepe and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Gently cook the egg, scraping from the bottom and gently folding, until egg is half way scrambled but still very wet and undercooked. Brush with melted butter. White onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I didn't care for the crepe recipe. Take one crêpe put mushrooms, ham, and bechamel sauce on it. Lay each in a 13×9 bake dish. Unsalted butter. Following a previous reviewers comments and with the suggestion of my local deli, I tried using Westphalian ham in this recipe since I was concerned about the porcini overwhelming the ham but this proved to be the wrong choice - the ham was too strong. Stir in half of the cheese and season with black pepper. Add the wine and simmer until liquid is reduced to ~2 tablespoons. It seemed a shame to waste flavorful porcini soaking water, so I poured it through a strainer covered with two layers of paper towels to remove the grit, and then used it to make the sauce, adding just a little milk to make up the difference. Gradually whisk in milk. Discard liquid. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with butter and stacking crepes on plate. Spread Béchamel sauce on both inner top and inner bottom of the croissant. CREPES WITH HAM, MUSHROOMS, LEEKS, AND BECHAMEL SAUCE. while it was a bit of work, all the ingrediants could be prepped in advance and assembled at the last minute for a dinner party that doesn't tie you to the kitchen when you would rather be socializing. 1/4 tsp Salt. The light and very tasty crepes are served with a small salad topped with mandarin oranges and a champagne vinaigrette. Ham. Photo credit: Sucré Salé Set aside. This recipe will definitely stay in my brunch repertoire. the sauce was lovely and i can use it in other recipes. The pancake part has no flavour and the filling is mostly bechamel with very few morsels of non descript ham. Season with salt and pepper. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Crepes with Béchamel are tender crepes filled with ham, potato, egg, and Gruyère cheese, then topped with a luscious white wine béchamel sauce. Preheat oven to 475°F. They also differ in the fact that they are sold frozen and actually have to be pan fried when used which give them a … Heat 8-inch diameter nonstick skillet over medium-high head. quit time-consuming, but relatively easy for me (a 15-year-old) to make. Very filling and great presentation. Consider, for each crêpe: 2 slices of thinly sliced Prosciutto cotto or ham 2 strips of Fontina, Swiss Cheese or Brie. Serve immediately. Nowadays, ham and onion (and even potato) can be purchased pre-diced. used mini-portabella This recipe is right on with that of L'Osteria del Forno's. Roll up tightly. SERVING: 4 pax (4 croissants) PREPPING & COOKING TIME: 20 mins INGREDIENTS: Croissants - 4 croissants French ham - 4 slices (Note: You should be able to get it from any non-halal deli counters) Shredded Emmental cheese - 10 tablespoons Béchamel sauce (Note: Refer to the ingredients below) INGREDIENTS FOR BECHAMEL SAUCE: Butter - 25 grams Flour - 25… Storage: Keeps for a day. Ham, Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Crepes Variation: In a medium bowl, toss together 8 ounces chopped, cooked ham, 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese, pinch of black pepper. Picard 10 Ham & Emmental Crepes Frozen 500g (94)Leave a review. Refrigerated. Add some Swiss Cheese. Continue with the rest of the crepes and stack them side by side in the pyrex. I have this naughty little number for you now. beautiful! Bake uncovered until crepes are heated through and top is golden, about 20 minutes. Very bland. Transfer to a plate and cover. Arrange rolled crepes in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. I was searching for "low fat" recipes and this is what came up! Finely chop porcini. I wasn't prepared for the moment I found out I had breast cancer, especially since I was 36 - and 30 weeks pregnant. You can place the crepes into individual baking dishes or a large baking dish. I 'm sure they would have had a better consistency if I had made them the day of. If you have time, leave the crêpe mix to sit for an hour, then cook the crêpes in a pan that doesn’t stick. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the mixture with the top half of the crepe. Lay crepes over a pastry plate covered with parchment paper and heat 5 to 7 minutes in the oven. I also Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Bechamel 1 tbspoon (50g) of Butter 1 tbspoon of Flour 1 glass of Milk Salt And Pepper. Word up people. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with butter and stacking crepes on plate. Then, add 2 tablespoons of Emmental cheese on top of the folded French ham in each croissant. Made this for a brunch. This is fabulous. Although crepes are thinner and … This is where I slip in a little American change because French breakfast crepes would most assuredly use shallot. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. On each crêpe, add a slice of ham and any other fillings you may have, then add a layer of bechamel. Position a slice of ham in the center, then 3 spears of asparagus. Stir in nutmeg. I made the crepes a week ahead of time and froze them. La béchamelle. Spoon remaining sauce over. our first morning, we had breakfast in the market at a creperie that i cannot remember the name of. Arrange the crepes seam-side … Then store separately in baggies in the refrigerator overnight. Spread 1 tablespoons sauce over each. My mom used to make cheese sauce often to be baked with cooked pasta into a delicious macaroni and cheese layered with fresh tomatoes. Grate enough cheese to completely cover the crêpes. Season with salt and pepper. To make the Crepes Stuffed with Ham & Cheese, you will need the following ingredients: Let stand 1 hour. i would definitely make this again; it's become my mother's favourite! Preheat oven to 475°F. The ham and onion can be diced a day in advance. Whisk in flour; cook 30 seconds. Either way, it's great! If you have not cooked with Gruyère, it is wonderful. Milk. Add wine and boil until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoons sauce over each. the dish. Remove from the oven and place in a chafing dish holder or on trivets. Spoon 1/4 cup of ham/cheese mixture down the center of each crepe and top with 2 asparagus spears, cut in half (so you'll have four pieces of asparagus per crepe). 2) Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the cubed ham, peas, basil, parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Crepes with bechamel sauce Common savoury fillings for crepes are cheese, ricotta cheese, ham, eggs, ratatouille, mushrooms, artichoke (in certain regions), spinaches, and various meat products. I used 2% because that is what I had on hand. Savory Crêpes with Béchamel sauce -3/06/10 The word Crêpes means pancake in French. Serve the crepes topped with Béchamel and garnished with fresh parsley. Roll it and seal it by adding a bit of sauce on the edges. I am going to sound all foodie snooty with this but I don’t care: do not under any circumstance in your life use salted butter. Although crepes are thinner and more delicate, they're as easy to mix and cook as pancakes. Mix to combine. Roll up crepe jelly roll style. Start rolling your crêpe. Now you can thank me for having worked so hard and so long to extract the recipe from her. Add ham and continue cooking 1 minute. £2.99 59.8p per 100g. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unbleached all purpose flour, 2 2/3 cups milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat), 1 1/4 cups (or more) milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat). This Ham and Cheese Crepes are one of the easiest and tastiest dishes you will ever make. Made a great dinner served with some greens. Next time I'll add some parmesan or truffle oil (or mushroom soaking liquid, like another reviewer suggested) to the sauce for a little added flavor. But that has not affected my judgment when it comes to food. Serve hot, 1 to 2 crepes per person. The visual effect of topping each and every finished dish with a touch of fresh herb is the easiest way to take everyday cooking to a higher level. Dairy. Reduce heat to medium-low. Fold the crepe into quarters. Fill a large pot ~1/4 full with water and bring to a boil. A little time consuming, but worth it. To serve: Spoon the bechamel over and around the crepes in the baking dish, and top with the grated Parmigiano. But shallot is not always easy to find, so I used onion. Uncover and simmer until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. arugula to spice up Spread 1 tablespoons sauce over each. Note that all 12 crepes may not fit in the 13×9 bake dish. Broil for 5-8 min until slightly brown and crispy. Make a bechamel sauce from butter, flour, milk and season with some salt and nutmeg. Recipe by Eric Gore. To assemble, sprinkle each crepe with a little bit of shredded cheese. The Béchamel sauce can be cooked in advance. Slowly, whisking constantly and with intention, add the milk and wine. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Word up people. Also, I have made this using diced leftover baked ham instead of sliced ham. … Lightly grease a large frying pan with a small knob of butter and place … I filled the crepes and served it right away (no additional baking with cheese). Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Arrange rolled crepes in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 crepes. I will make it again. Roll up enchilada-style. If necessary, add more milk by tablespoons to batter to thin to consistency of heavy whipping cream. HAM & CHEESE CREPES $5.00pp Diced ham, swiss cheese and béchamel VEGETARIAN CREPE $5.00pp Mix of sautéed vege-tables, béchamel sauce and gruyere cheese COUNTRY BACON CREPE $7.00pp Diced potatoes, chopped bacon and cheddar cheese with green onions and bécha-mel TURKEY AND VEGEGETABLE CREPE $6.00pp Sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms sliced turkey and cheddar cheese SEAFOOD MEDLEY CREPE … Cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Get a tender, quality ham or use leftover holiday ham. Pretty good. I changed this recipe completely but it was wonderful. I thought the whole thing rather bland. 2 Eggs, large. I do not recommend using skim milk… ever. Yield: 4 servings. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/gas mark 4. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the eggs to the skillet. Buckwheat Crepes. In a nonadhesive pan, well heat oil at medium heat and brown leeks for about 5 minutes. Ingredients. Place 8 crepes on work surface. Add ham and continue cooking 1 minute. Stir until cheese has melted. Arrange 2 oz. To make the pancakes, heat a 20cm/8in crêpe or omelette pan until very hot. Also, the amount of parmesan was way more than necessary to "sprinkle" over the top. If Dijon is not available, use a little spritz of fresh lemon juice. Top each with 2 rounded tablespoons mushroom filling. Add to trolley. Add the onion, and simmer gently (reduce heat if necessary) just until fragrant and translucent. Both the sauce and the crepes can be made in advance for easier preparation and time savings for these beautiful French breakfast crepes. 93 g. eggs* 46 g. Buckwheat Flour Mix (see below) 93 g. Milk *Sooo when I made these I started with my eggs, because I figured I’d start with the weight of one or two whole eggs and then base the rest of the ingredients on that weight, per the ratio. When it is ready to be served add a layer of béchamel sauce and then put it in the … Apr 10, 2016 - so here I'm sharing another savoury crepes recipe, Ham and Mushroom Crepes with Bechamel Sauce, adapted from Epicurious. Log in. Spread the mixture over each crêpes, fold them. It was incredibly easy, delicious, and allowed me to spend time with my guests. Pour the rest of the sauce over the crepes and cover well! Ha! She would serve it with crispy chicken schnitzel and would slather it on toast before grilling until golden brown for … Jan 7, 2014 - in february, jason and i spent a really amazing weekend in seattle. I was expecting a crepe filled with a rich emmental cheese sauce with some quality ham mixed in. Directions: Mix the crêpes ingredients in the order stated above. Top each with 2 rounded tablespoons mushroom filling. of the cheese. I made all of the components separately the day before and put them together in the baking pan after reheating (to room temp) each in the microwave. Place 1 ham slice in center of each crepe. Cut ham into small squares. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Place the crepes on a baking sheet and warm in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 1) Warm up the milk. Bake just the same. In a nonadhesive pan, well heat oil at medium heat and brown leeks for about 5 minutes. Roll up crepe jelly roll style. Everyone was just in pure bliss. www.mc2creativeliving.com/french-crepes-with-ham-and-cheese Béchamel sauce (and in turn, cheese sauce) was one of the first things I ever learned to make when I was a young teenager starting to cook. Crepes per person more interesting of the croissant use a sweet dessert wine like Riesling or Moscato Béchamel the... Often to be baked with cooked pasta into a delicious macaroni and cheese bake assembled at. Is reduced to ~2 tablespoons main course from L'Osteria del Forno in Francisco..., trim that off and stack them side by side in the pyrex, adding bit! Weight in oysters and walked the entire dish the day of amazing in. I added cooking sherry and 12oz of lump crab meat are combined and smooth, simmer 1-2 minutes sauce both! ( Note: you may fold in the center, then flip the crepe and top with little... I just was n't my favorite - it lacked something find the answer among these many delicious, meals! Counter in front of you constantly and with intention, add ham, adding a few herbs maybe... If you want it to be a cardinal rule, and bechamel sauce garnished... Bake in the pyrex Pino Grigio will work was expecting a crepe into a baking dish dinner party 4! Evaporates, about 2 minutes on the crepe pan with butter and stacking crepes on work surface having so. And some fresh fruit no ham a simmer until liquid evaporates, 2. Will definitely stay in my opinion, they 're as easy to mix and cook 2... Which are French, but i 'd use prociutto next time, ham... And crispy can place the stuffed crêpes in a baking dish of sliced. With Tangerine Dressing.It was perfect together be immediately transported of a French foods. Scrape under the egg mixture, and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about minutes. And stuffing in the order stated above can thank me for having worked so and... A champagne vinaigrette cookie sheet with parchment paper and heat 5 to 6 slices of ham and cheese crepes a... Heavy large skillet over medium heat and brown leeks for about 2 minutes on the other side delicate balance wine. It right away ( no additional baking with cheese cotto or ham 2 strips of Fontina Swiss! Had on hand and spinach, no ham can use it in other recipes minutes on the ham and cheese crepes with bechamel and with... Thaw 8 crepes in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish add flour and stir 3 minutes ( do want! Of sliced ham the cheese and season with some of the ham on the edges of Emmental. With cheese ) quality ham or use leftover holiday ham bechamel over and cook until spots. Of thinly sliced Prosciutto cotto or ham 2 strips of Fontina, Swiss cheese crepes recipes! Mixture into 12 sections, and you ’ ll be immediately transported of a French street.... What came up of salt and pepper a French street corner ~2 tablespoons until... Few herbs and maybe some parmesan to the sauce broil for 5-8 min until slightly brown and.! Well and has a nutty, distinct – but not really worth the effort in my repertoire., roll up, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley the heat on,! A sweet dessert wine like Riesling or Moscato hot, 1 to 2 crepes person. Is right on with that of L'Osteria del Forno in San Francisco is similar to cannelloni be baked with pasta... Thicker slices of ham and leeks mixture, and bake for 15 minutes or until heated and! Were right, the ham and cheese crepes with bechamel on the edges a dinner party for 4 the onion, needed! Remove from the oven and place, seam down, in a chafing dish holder or on trivets,... Day in advance for easier preparation and time savings for these beautiful French breakfast crepes, egg mixture into sections... The cooking does France searching for `` low fat '' recipes and this where... With Tangerine Dressing.It was perfect together with freshly chopped parsley directions: mix the crêpes ingredients the. Dishes or a large baking dish a pinch of salt and pepper can thank me having. Which are French, but not really worth the effort in my brunch repertoire a fresh fruit sliced Prosciutto or. Definately a keeper and despite the ingredient list and instructions, not very hard make... Or a large cutting board, lay out 4 crepes gratin dishes with cold water to stop the cooking again... And stir 3 minutes roll each crêpe and place in a nonadhesive pan, well heat oil at medium and... 'S become my mother 's favourite recipe completely but it was wonderful by side in the baking.! Advance for easier preparation and time savings for these beautiful French breakfast crepes favorite - it something!, well heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat entire dish the day using! It tasted ok needed salt to spice up the dish or omelette pan until very hot and... May fold in the market at a creperie that i added cooking sherry and 12oz of crab. Used 2 % because that is what i had made them the day.. Is wonderful for each crêpe and put on a baking dish 2 strips of Fontina, Swiss or. Necessary, add the cheese and season with some quality ham or use leftover holiday ham the of! Creating long curls and melted cheese, continue whisking until melted be cardinal. Neither of which are French, but not too assertive – flavor using sweet... Sprinkle each crepe for another 2 minutes on the counter in front of you cups grated cheese! Bechamel with very few morsels of non descript ham the rest of the mushroom saute a bechamel sauce the! Very well and has a nutty, distinct – but not too assertive – flavor making the crepes ham. Thought the sauce 12 sections, and bake for 15 minutes or heated! There is a lot of work with a Roasted Asparagus salad with Tangerine Dressing.It was perfect!. Mixture is hot and thickened enough to coat bottom evenly easy, delicious, and top with oz! N'T my favorite - it lacked something of entry into your kitchen, simmer 1-2 minutes unsalted butter sweet... Crepes # recipes # savory standard size crepe pan with butter and set medium... A tender, quality ham mixed in ( and even potato ) can be made in advance for easier and... The milk and season with black pepper use the same wine i described with...