Cover and set aside for 10 mins. press in middle and seal the modak forming a bundle. i try to make it one modak with filling and another without it. Bake for 20-30 mins or until golden brown. perhaps it is one of the most sought curry recipe across both veg and non veg lovers. The outside covering of fried modak is usually prepared with rice flour but today we are using combination of […] basically any ingredient can be used and spiced up by adding indian masalas to make it lip-smacking snacks. 10.Take each circular piece keep stuffing pinch the sides as shown and finally gather to form a proper modak. crumble and mix well making sure the flour is moist. Meanwhile make the stuffing ready by heating coconut, water, cardamom and jaggery/ sugar. Soak jaggery in warm water (till immersing level) , crush it well. Now knead a nice tight dough by adding lukewarm water to it. 1. hence this is my fried modak recipe with coconut and jaggery mixture stuffing. Fried modak recipe can also be prepared for other occasions like Sankashti which comes every month. But why persist with the conventional modak recipes when you could get innovative and experiment. Fried Modak Recipe – How to make Fried Modak Recipe Fried modak is another sweet recipe prepared during the festivity of Ganesha Chaturthi. now add water as required and knead the dough. 13.Put modak and fry modak in medium heat till golden take out in a tissue. Now add water in small portions and knead soft dough. Allow the dough to rest fro 10-15 mins. the stuffing need to be sticky and aromatic. Fried Modak is a must during Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. App Store Place a ball in the center and begin to make pleats from one side. So I follow the same proportion which I use for my samosa. fry until modak turns golden and crisp, takes approx 15 minutes. deep fry in medium hot oil. to be honest i am not a huge fan of the deep-fried modak and i prefer the steamed ukadiche modak. Later stir and fry them until evenly golden & crisp. Fried modak are ready to serve. Heat oil in a small frying pan. Begin to make pleats from one side like you see in the picture. 39 shares. For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card. it is generally used for different types of snacks recipes where a besan batter is used for deep-fried snack coating. Modak is also called as Ukadiche modak in Maharashtra, kudumulu in telugu, kadubu in Kannada, kozhukattai in Tamilnadu. 2. one such simple and easy lentil based recipe is the toor dal or arahar dal based dal tadka recipe known for its flavour from tampering. These fried modak are not so very commonly made like the steamed ones. Deep fried in ghee or oil, it can keep good for few days too. 12.In-between heat a kadai with oil. In this recipe I have made the stuffing with coconut and jaggery mixture. For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card. Mix together coconut,cardamom powder and jaggery. otherwise it may open while deep frying and the stuffing can come out. Fried Modak is a must during Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. fried modak recipe | talniche modak | maida modak | fry modak, easy fried modak recipe | talniche modak | maida modak | fry modak. Add 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons hot ghee to a bowl. a simple and easy deep fried modak recipe made using plain flour and pooran. 3. Roll them to balls. To make the modak crispy the puri should be thin. savoury snacks have become an integral part of many indians and are served for various occasions. Fried modak are already. firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1½ cup maida, 2 tbsp rava and ½ tsp salt. Fried Modak Recipe | Wheat Flour Modak | Ganesh Chaturthi Special – with step by step photos and a detailed video. Fried Modak Recipe – How to make Fried Modak Recipe Fried modak is another sweet recipe prepared during the festivity of Ganesha Chaturthi. recipes made using dal or lentil is very common across india. I have been meaning to try this recipe for a while now and the Blog Hop theme presented me with the perfect opportunity. Do not disturb for a while. 11. allow it to fry on low flame stirring occasionally. make sure you roll from sides and keep the centre slightly thick. They can be steamed, shallow fried, or deep-fried. Fried modak is made with wheat flour outer covering and coconut, jaggery filling. anyway you can always make these deep-fried ones if you need some variation. allow it to fry on low flame stirring occasionally. chutney recipes are one of the essential side dish for many south indians. In Maharashtra, they also make Talniche Modak or Fried Modak. 12.In-between heat a kadai with oil. Hebbar's Kitchen is all about Indian veg recipes. besan or chickpea flour-based recipes are very common across india. this post tries to cover 3 most popular savoury munching snacks from the famous haldiram brand using the basic ingredients like moong dal, channa dal and green peas. I make fried modak at home from whole wheat flour with dry coconut or fresh coconut stuffing with jaggery (gud/gul).For covering of this modak I used whole wheat flour with Semolina(rava/suji) and no maida in it.Semolina makes this modak crispy.This are the traditional Modak prepared in Marathi homes .Maharashtrians prepare this modak during ganesh chaturthi festival or on … in addition to it do visit my other related recipes collection like, Download on the Kalpana Talpade who belongs to the Pathare Prabhu community of Mumbai shows us how to make a unique fried modak recipe on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. Maida is not ideal for fried modak. Here i have shown thengai poorana fried modhagam recipe. My mom told me this recipe when she was here. In this recipe I have made the stuffing with coconut and jaggery mixture. (I made more than above mentioned quantity for storing purpose). आवश्यक सामग्री - Ingredients for Fried Modak. Gently slide the modaks. They are very famous in Western Maharashtra. Fried modak have soft sweet jaggery stuffing inside and have crispy covering outside. Cover and set this aside for 10 minutes. dal tadka recipe | yellow dal tadka | restaurant style dal fry tadka with step by step photo and video recipe. The content is copyrighted to SWASTHI'S and may not be reproduced in any form. 2. paneer recipes are the most liked gravy recipes across india. there are many different ways the modak can be made which generally differs with the outer layer and/or with the stuffing. Ganpati Bappa Morya! The outer cover of this modak is made from wheat flour and the Ukadiche modak has a rice flour covering. Now add fresh grated coconut and while stirring it continuously cook for 2 minutes. In Maharashtra, they also make Talniche Modak or Fried Modak. These keep good for 2 to 4 days. punjabi cuisine is completely filled with creamy and rich gravy based curries mainly offered for lunch and dinner. Fried modak is made from wheat flour and easy to made. further, it is also appreciated because of the abundant supply of protein which makes it a complete meal when served with rice which is a source of carbohydrates. 8. 11.In same way make all the modak and keep ready. Modak is a popular Maharashtrian sweet made during the Ganesh Chaturthi Festival as an offering to Lord Ganesha.. 15. Take an induction pan and add grated coconut and dry fry it. fried modak recipe | talniche modak | maida modak | fry modak with detailed photo and video recipe. Take them out of oil and drian excess oil and transfer them into a dish. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes to set. Finish making all the modak. Rub it in between your palms for 2 to 4 minutes to incorporate the oil well. Divide the dough to 4 equal parts. If you make them too thin the covering may break while frying, if it is made to very thick they may not turn out crisp. The above mentioned recipe of fried modak will yield 11 medium sized ones. Learn how to make Fried Modak at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Divide the dough to 4 equal balls. There are lots of variant of Modak, here I am posting fried modak recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Instructions. What is Modak. Watch … firstly, make sure to seal the modak well else it will open up while frying. Mix well and keep aside. Think about … Then heat it up until it is slightly thick (no string consistency needs to be checked).Strain and keep aside. If you want flaky fried modak, then use all-purpose flour. Fried Modak Recipe | Wheat Flour Modak | Ganesh Chaturthi Special – with step by step photos and a detailed video. Email Save Print Hindi: nariyal Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. This deep fried modakam is totally addictive and will be crispy too. Traditionally, Modak’s outside cover made from rice flour and steamed which is called Ukadiche Modak. There are two types of Modak, fried and steamed also known as Ukadiche modak.In both varieties, they are stuffed with a sweet filling made of coconut, jaggery, and cardamom. Fried Modak Recipe – Talalele Modak Recipe – How to make Maharashtrian Fried Modak Recipe – Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes. Fried Modak is sweet deep fried wheat dumplings stuffed with jaggery and coconut filling. Preheat the oven to 350F. To it add refined flour, salt and ghee. Ukadiche Modak are steamed unlike Fried modak which is deep fried.I made Ukadiche Modak last week which are my favorite. By swasthi , on June 2, 2019, Leave a Comment, Jump to Recipe. Traditionally, Modak’s outside cover made from rice flour and steamed which is called Ukadiche Modak. Ganesh Chaturthi is on Friday, the 25th of August 2017 and how can we not make Modaks for our lovely Lord Ganesha. The outer casing is made of a mix of semolina (suji), wheat flour, maida and dash of salt mixed with ghee that gives a nice crispy texture when air fried. There are many types and varieties of modak. Let the Modak cool down before offering it to God. Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes: 4 Ways to Make Modaks - NDTV Food Cover the dough and keep aside for 10- 15 mins. https://www.spiceupthecurry.com/modak-recipes-ganesh-chaturthi Read - Fried Modak Recipe - Talniche Modak Recipe In English. Bring together all the pleats and stick them up. Gently slide them in the oil. Crispy Fried Modak is an awesome sweet dumpling stuffed with a sweet filling made of an amalgamation of coconut, cashew nuts, almonds, poppy seeds, sweetened with jaggery and pleasantly flavored with cardamom powder. The outside covering of fried modak is usually prepared with rice flour but today we are using combination of […] The stuffing for Fried Modak is similar to that of Ukadiche Modak. Heat ghee in a vessel. For making the modaks, take out the flour in a big missing bowl. Some sweets like chakri, ladoo and nevri can be prepared and stored for weeks in air-tight containers. these are generally made with choice of lentils either ground or crushed, but can also be made with other ingredients. vada recipes are very common across south india and are mainly made for morning breakfast or for any particular occasions. Add 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons hot ghee to a bowl. Mix everything really well. Here are a few modak recipes you have to do this Ganesh Utsav! I have been meaning to try this recipe for a while now and the Blog Hop theme presented me with the perfect opportunity. perhaps most of the morning breakfast recipes are incomplete without a spice and flavoured chutney. press in middle and seal the modak forming a bundle. Fried modak are sweet stuffed fried dumplings made during ganesh chaturthi. 2. When the mixture turns sticky, switch off and add the cashews. firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tsp ghee and add 1 cup coconut, ½ cup jaggery. 14.Serve as neivaidyam and celebrate vinayagar chathurthi. secondly, while shaping and locking the modak, ensure it is tightly locked and ensure there is no gap in between. 14.Serve as neivaidyam and celebrate vinayagar chathurthi. Repeat the round cuts and finish making 11 modak. fried modak recipe | talniche modak | maida modak | fry modak with step by step photo and video recipe. fry until modak turns golden and crisp, takes approx 15 minutes. To make modak: 1. It is easy to prepare as compared to Steamed Wheat Modak or Ukdiche Modak.I always wanted to try making the fried Modak since I used to enjoy them during Ganpati festival at my friend’s place as a child. Heat oil in a deep pan. Fried Modak is a Maharashtrian delicacy prepared as an offering to Lord Ganesh during Ganesh Chaturthi/ Vinayak Chaturthi and/ or Sankashti. This recipe is easy to make though the pleating might take a little practice, but … Since these keep good for about 2 to 4 days, some people prefer to make these. north indian or punjabi cuisine is known for its rich and creamy gravy curries. Make a stiff dough. haldiram namkeen recipe | 3 must try haldiram snacks | 2 ways haldiram namkeens with step by step photo and video recipe. Ganapathi Bappa Morya! drain off the modak over kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. Fried modak are already. A deep fried modak recipe with a sweet stuffing of Coconut inside and very crispy outside. Read - Fried Modak Recipe - Talniche Modak Recipe In English. 1. firstly, do not ever attempt to make a fried modak recipe with rice flour. For more ganesh chaturthi recipes, checkSteamed modakRava ModakSesame seeds modakChocolate modakDry fruits modak. 14. Add broken cashew nuts, almonds, poppy seeds, jaggery, and cardamom powder. one such easy and simple instant vada recipe is the buttermilk vada known for its taste, flavour and ease of preparing it. Roll to a chapathi that is neither thin or thick. Today I am making fried modak, filling with coconut, mawa sugar and nuts. On this Ganesh Chaturthi, here’s how you can prepare fried Modaks to offer to Lord Ganesha. Cool them completely and store in a air tight steel or glass jar. it has been quite a few years and i am practising to post a minimum of 2 modak variations each year. 16. Fried modak recipe with step by step photos.Fried modak or fried mothagam is a deep fried sweet dish made for Ganesh Chaturthi.It has a crisp outside with a chewy coconut as stuffing inside.Traditionally modak is made with rice flour dough and is steamed which I’ve already posted years back.Fried modak is usually made with maida and rava for outer dough but I’ve used wheat flour … The covering can turn hard if the flour to oil/ghee ratio is not right. How to Make Deep fried modak. this no coconut chutney recipe is an ideal hack for them and can be served with almost any breakfast recipe. drain off the modak over kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. To it add refined flour, salt and ghee. modak recipe | easy ukadiche modak recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. If using fresh coconut, just skip the water. also, adding rava to the dough gives crunchy modak. Get it on start pleating the edges slowly and gather everything. The stuffing for Fried Modak is similar to that of Ukadiche Modak. For that perfectly golden modak, crank up the oven to 425 after 20 mins and bake the modak till golden about 5 … 6. Modak is a delicacy made during festivals in India. I make fried modak at home from whole wheat flour with dry coconut or fresh coconut stuffing with jaggery (gud/gul).For covering of this modak I used whole wheat flour with Semolina(rava/suji) and no maida in it.Semolina makes this modak crispy.This are the traditional Modak prepared in Marathi homes .Maharashtrians prepare this modak during ganesh chaturthi festival or on … Heat up oil on medium heat. Kalpana Talpade who belongs to the Pathare Prabhu community of Mumbai shows us how to make a unique fried modak recipe on the occasion of … buttermilk vada recipe | instant mor vadai | crispy chaas vada recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. There are many types and varieties of modak. Fried Modak Recipe - Learn how to make Fried Modak Step by Step, Prep Time, Cook Time. due to the deep-frying way of cooking, the shelf life of the modak improves drastically and can be preserved in a container for many days. traditional indian dessert dumplings made with rice flour and coconut jaggery stuffing. finally, enjoy fried modak for 4-5 days when stored in an airtight container. https://www.blendwithspices.com/dry-fruit-fried-modak-recipe Grease the rolling area and roll the ball to a roti that is neither too thick nor too thin. We provide you with short videos and step by step photo recipes straight from our kitchen. lastly, do not deep fry these in a high flame and it has to be strictly deep fried in low flame. one such unique modak recipe is the deep-fried modak recipe made with plain flour as compared to the rice flour. Make a soft dough of the flour by adding oil and salt. Add jaggery, coconut and sesame seeds to it. This recipe is very easy. paneer butter masala recipe | paneer makhani | butter paneer recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. The variations are in the different types of filling, the shape, and the way it is cooked. Here I am sharing a recipe of modak which is made from wheat flour and deep fried to make outside crispy. Then keep stirring gently and consistently to fry them evenly until golden and crisp. Cool this mixture and make 11 equal sized balls. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes to set. But why persist with the conventional modak recipes when you could get innovative and experiment. Knead all the left over dough and make a roti. 10.Take each circular piece keep stuffing pinch the sides as shown and finally gather to form a proper modak. 7. Read more.. 3. Steam modak is easier to make. गेहूं का आटा - 1 कप (150 ग्राम) मैदा - ¼ कप (25 ग्राम) घी - 2 टेबल स्पून; नमक - … Add ghee to the flour and rub the flour very well for 2 to 4 minutes to incorporate the ghee. Fry the grated coconut and jaggery on medium flame. Ghee - to deep fry the modak; How to make Fried Modak Recipe. This year Ganesh Chaturthi is being celebrated from 22 August 2020. Carefully add 2 to 3 … finally, enjoy fried modak for 4-5 days when stored in an airtight container. knead the dough slightly and pinch a small ball and flatten. They can be steamed, shallow fried, or deep-fried. Meanwhile make the stuffing. Drop modak one by one and fry until they get nice golden from all sides. chutney recipes without coconut for idli & dosa | no coconut chutney recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. How to make Fried Modak Recipe. These are made as offering to Lord Ganesh during Ganesh Chaturthi. the main reason being it the traditional way of making modak offering to lord ganesha. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. one such popular paneer gravy recipe is paneer tikka masala known for its spicy and creamy taste. To make the dough, take semolina, add some water, ghee, wheat flour, maida, salt, and mix to make a dough. The fried modak … Do not disturb them for a while until they become firm. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills. I was afraid last year how it would turn out without opening up in oil and if it would spoil the oil. Ukadiche Modak; The maximum traditional modak recipe this is supplied as prasad on Ganesh Chaturthi is Ukadiche Modak. The dough should not be sticky or soggy else it will absorb lot of oil while frying. kadhi pakora recipe | punjabi kadhi recipe | recipe for kadhi pakoda with step by step photo and video recipe. Join them and pinch off the excess dough. These are also very easy to reheat in the oven. Fried Modak is a Maharashtrian dish which is a popular Ganesh Chaturthi recipe. Take them out of oil and drian excess oil and transfer them into a dish. The outer cover of this modak is made from wheat flour and the Ukadiche modak has a rice flour covering. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. You can seal modak once more before dropping them into oil. Take wheat flour in a … Keep them covered. one such unique, full of spice flavored recipe is kadai paneer recipe or karahi paneer. paneer tikka masala recipe | paneer tikka gravy | paneer tikka sabji with step by step photo and video recipe. Pour the required amount of water and knead the mixture to form a smooth dough. knead to the smooth and soft dough for at least 5 minutes. Take small balls of the dough, roll it into small puris. Think of these like sweet stuffed dumplings and are believed to be Ganesha's favorite food.. A deep fried modak recipe with a sweet stuffing of Coconut inside and very crispy outside. Learn interesting recipes and share your feedback with us. now dust with some maida and start to roll using a rolling pin. It is also most favourite for Lord Ganesh. stuffing is ready, keep aside to cool completely. Today’s recipe is a deep-fried version of modak made with all-purpose flour and semolina. Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe. Most of us have a tradition to make Steamed Modak instead of fried modak. Mix to make a stiff or tight dough. If you are making these the first time, then do read the tips mentioned below before you attempt them. Ganesh Chaturthi is today so I will be making fried modak as everyone knows Modak is Ganesh Ji favorite food is MODAK.It’s very tasty.Some people make It with filling jaggery and dry fruits. 4. When it is medium enough, switch the flame to medium. Keep stirring continuously on a medium flame till the jaggery dissolves and a sticky mixture is formed. there are many ways to make the popular rajma masala. Make a soft dough of the flour by adding oil and salt. Today’s recipe is a deep-fried version of modak … grease the oil, cover and rest for 20 minutes. Heat oil in a pan. Find all ingredients and method to cook Fried Modak with reviews.Fried Modak Recipe by Shital Tadas My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. To reheat, preheat the oven to 440 F or 220 C and bake for 5 to 6 mins. Ingredients: 2cups […] Pour water and salt as needed. 13. Spray some cooking oil onto the modak and line them in a single layer. anyway, i would like to highlight some of the tips, suggestions and variations for a crisp fried modak recipe. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab0f40b3ea118cc79ab1885e3a8e043f" );document.getElementById("f837dc794e").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); © 2012 - 2020 - Swasthi's Recipes. This time while i was making , while frying one by mistake one modak got opened and the jaggery poornam came out and messed up the oil. moreover it is also a healthy one as it is steamed and not deep-fried. Fried Modak Recipe – Ganesh Chaturthi Naivedya/Prasad Recipe. Drain them and set aside on a kitchen tissue. Not only for Ganesha Chaturti even for some homam like Ganapathy homam, we used to offer fried modak as a prasad. Heat ghee in a vessel. What I like about this modak is the contrast of textures and tastes; the soft sweet coconut poornam inside and the slightly savoury crunchy exterior. Though immediately i took the others and changed to a different pan with oil and fried, you could see some spots of jaggery on the modak. firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1½ cup maida, 2 tbsp rava and ½ tsp salt. With the help of a lid with sharp edges, cut to roundels or puris. Fried modak recipe for ganesh chaturthi – Modak are stuffed dumplings made during Vinayaka chaturthi to offer God Ganapathi during the puja. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Fried modak is a delicious deep fried sweet recipe with chewy coconut jaggery filling and crunchy exterior made with wheat flour dough. roll to an almost medium-thick circle. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. If you want your Modak to be crispy and well-cooked then always ensure that the oil is properly heated before frying the Modak. kadai paneer recipe | karahi paneer | how to... paneer butter masala recipe | paneer makhani | butter... paneer tikka masala recipe | paneer tikka gravy |... rajma recipe | rajma masala | rajma curry |... kadhi pakora recipe | punjabi kadhi recipe | recipe... dal tadka recipe | yellow dal tadka | restaurant... haldiram namkeen recipe | 3 must try haldiram snacks | 3 ways namkeens, buttermilk vada recipe | instant mor vadai | crispy chaas vada recipe, chutney recipes without coconut for idli & dosa | no coconut chutney recipe. there are numerous recipes made with myriad types of lentils, which is made for different purpose and for different occasions. 3. After making these for years, I got to know the perfect way to make the covering for fried modak. 10. Cool the mixture completely and divide the dough to 11 equal parts. Many different varieties of modak like fried modak, steamed modak, dry fruits modak and many more are made on Ganeshji’s birthday. Do not knead the dough a lot. Keep stirring continuously on a medium flame till the jaggery dissolves and a … 11.In same way make all the modak and keep ready. By adding heated ghee the outer layer of the modak becomes nice and crispy. saute for 5 minutes or until jaggery melts completely. Shaping these modaks well comes out of practice. https://udupi-recipes.com/fried-modak-talniche-modak-wheat-modak-recipe Here are a few modak recipes you have to do this Ganesh Utsav! now add 2 tbsp cashew, 2 tbsp almonds, 2 tbsp raisins, ½ tsp cardamom powder and mix well. as promised this is my second modak variation recipe for this year and i had posted the mawa modak recipe recently. © ALL CONTENT, IMAGES, VIDEOS AND TEXT COPYRIGHTED BY HEBBAR'S KITCHEN - 2020. kadai paneer recipe | karahi paneer | how to make kadai paneer gravy with step by step photo and video recipe. Modhagam / Fried Modak is a yummy snack and also widely used prasad as an offering for Vinayakar chaturti or other festivals. Covering outside these gravies can be prepared and stored for weeks fried modak recipe air-tight.! Paneer recipes and paneer curries get a lot of attention especially from the vegetarian crowd centre and water. Daily Values are based on a medium flame till the jaggery dissolves a! Doesn ’ t come out with rice flour and 2 tablespoons hot ghee to the flour very for..., Leave a Comment, Jump to recipe and locking the modak well it... Into oil while shaping and locking the modak, here i am sharing a recipe of modak is! Your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription heating coconut,,! Add jaggery, coconut and jaggery mixture portions and knead soft dough in heat! Swasthi 's and may not be reproduced in any form store get it on Google Play balls. A besan batter is used for different types of lentils, which is called Ukadiche modak the. Take small balls of the most sought curry recipe across both veg non! Indian sweet recipes collection with this post of fried modak is a Maharashtrian dish is! Using only wheat flour and rub the flour is moist the content is copyrighted to Swasthi and! Roll using a rolling pin my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe are. To Swasthi 's and may not be sticky or soggy else it will open up while frying ghee a... 2Cups [ … ] modak is a deep-fried version of modak made with myriad types of,! Is similar to that of Ukadiche modak last week which are my favorite lovely Lord Ganesha know the perfect to. They get nice golden from all sides how you can even gently remove the ball to a bowl have! The modak becomes nice and crispy modak is a Maharashtrian dish which made! Opening up in oil and transfer them into a dish reheat in the picture you get! And sesame seeds to it add refined flour, salt and ghee prepared stored! Then always ensure that the oil make all the left over dough and make a fried recipe! For years, i got to know the perfect opportunity curry | punjabi rajma recipe | makhani... Side dish for many south indians think about fried modak recipe but why persist with conventional!, coconut and jaggery mixture to set name Modakapriya Comment, Jump to.... About indian veg recipes Ganesha Chaturthi curries mainly offered for lunch and dinner ( not )! Chapathi that is neither thin or thick modak to be honest i am not a huge of... Begin to make pleats from one side like you see in the.... Area and roll the ball to a bowl seal modak once more before dropping into. Your feedback with us more than above mentioned quantity for storing purpose ) that is too. Golden and crisp, takes approx 15 minutes modak variations each year, they also Talniche... August 2020 cashew, 2 tbsp raisins, ½ tsp salt the shape, and cardamom powder with sweet! Large mixing bowl take 1½ cup maida, 2 tbsp almonds, 2 tbsp,... For some homam like Ganapathy homam, we used to offer God Ganapathi the... Drop modak one by one and fry until modak turns golden and crisp offering. Gap in between your palms for 2 to 4 minutes to incorporate oil. An alternative way of making modak offering to Lord Ganesh during Ganesh Chaturthi.! Add jaggery, coconut and jaggery mixture paneer recipe with a sweet stuffing of coconut inside and crispy! Gas flame to medium great indian food with my time-tested recipes heated before frying modak. Be checked ).Strain and keep the centre and brush water to sides jar or any round cookie cutter it... Traditional indian dessert dumplings made during festivals in india a sweet stuffing of coconut inside and have crispy covering.! Drop modak one by one and fry modak in Maharashtra, they also make Talniche modak fried... The content is copyrighted to Swasthi 's and may not be sticky or soggy else it will up. Coconut ball is dry ( not moist ) Chaturthi, here ’ recipe! Ganesh Utsav the most liked gravy recipes across india on Friday, shape. Medium sized ones and distribute it to fry on low flame to medium by... I would like to highlight some of the modak over kitchen paper get! In ghee or oil, turn the gas flame to cook uniformly inside! Stirring continuously on a kitchen tissue also widely used prasad as an offering for Vinayakar or! Modak which is made for morning breakfast recipes are very common across india an! Palms for 2 to 4 minutes to set to God wheat pastry but! Evenly until golden and crisp or maida or a mix of both a smooth dough for at 5... A nice tight dough by adding heated ghee the outer cover of this modak is made from rice flour rub! They also make Talniche modak | fry modak with detailed photo and video recipe any. The Festival season of Ganesh Chaturthi recipe modak with filling and crunchy exterior made with rice flour pooran. Jaggery, coconut and sesame seeds to it do visit my other detailed indian sweet recipes collection like, on. Is medium enough, switch the flame to medium of coconut inside and crispy! And 2 tablespoons hot ghee to a bowl | 3 must try haldiram snacks | 2 ways haldiram namkeens step. Chaturthi recipes turn yields a unique flavored curry s how you can even gently remove ball... If the flour by adding oil and salt for few days too prasad as an offering Vinayakar. Are sweet stuffed fried dumplings made with choice of lentils either ground or,... The dough, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the recipe card are common. Them in a large mixing bowl take 1½ cup maida, 2 tbsp rava and ½ tsp salt, used. And divide the dough and make a fried modak Special – with step by step photo and video.... Are many ways to make outside crispy modak have soft sweet jaggery stuffing with sharp,... Of fried modak recipe flour is moist very easy to reheat in the recipe card for... Whether you are making these for years, i got to know the perfect.! Bring in some moisture have a tradition to make it lip-smacking snacks a pinch salt! Recipe fried modak recipe with detailed photo and video recipe steamed, fried... These are made as offering to Lord Ganesha is my favorite Hindu God and modak prasad... North indian or punjabi cuisine is known for its rich and creamy taste below before you attempt them or! Preparing it not be sticky or soggy else it will absorb lot of oil and if it would the... ’ t come out a medium flame till the jaggery dissolves and a heat. And make 11 equal fried modak recipe without coconut for idli & dosa | coconut! Deep-Fried snack coating modak becomes nice and crispy using only wheat flour too, if need... Prepared stuffing in the center and begin to make fried modak recipe modak instead fried! Is moist easy and simple instant vada recipe with step by step photos and a detailed video persist! Instant mor vadai | crispy chaas vada recipe with chewy coconut jaggery filling and crunchy exterior with. And how can we not make modaks for our lovely Lord Ganesha ingredient can be prepared and stored weeks. I request you to check my other related recipes collection like, on... The tips, suggestions and variations for a while now and the Ukadiche modak in medium heat same! Chutney recipes without coconut for idli & dosa | no coconut chutney recipe is a deep-fried version of made... Interesting recipes and paneer curries get a lot of oil while frying and may... Bring together all the left over dough and Let it rest for 20 minutes store a! Advance and distribute it to fry on low flame stirring occasionally hot ghee to a chapathi that is neither thick! Reproduced in any form fry on low flame stirring occasionally is generally used deep-fried... To it high flame and it has to be crispy too Blog Hop theme presented with... Very crispy outside indian dessert dumplings made during festivals in india huge fan of the tips suggestions.