Spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish to cover. Info. I then bake the lasagna covered with foil for 50 minutes uncover and top with cheese then bake for an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese on top! After baking, allow it to sit still wrapped in foil for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon a little of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan or dish. Combine all the cheese mixture ingredients and mix well. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake in preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden. Recipe Spicy Salad with Mustard and Balsamic Vinaigrette. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Cover with foil and bake for 18-20 minutes. Repeat layering of sauce, noodles and cheese; finish with a cheese layer. Recipe Four-Cheese Lasagna. Meanwhile, mix Neufchatel, cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and egg until blended. Finish with a third layer of lasagna. Now pour remaining meat sauce over noodles, spread evenly and top with Swiss cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. I used low-fat ricotta instead of cottage cheese and didn't mix it into the sauce. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of broccoli mixture, and half of remaining spinach mixture. In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend tomato sauce and cottage cheese together … Very tasty and super easy!! … Combine all the cheese mixture ingredients and mix well. Cover your lasagna with foil and cook until it is about 160 degrees F. Remove the foil and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes to let the top layer of cheese fully melt and the internal temp of the lasagna … Constructing the perfect salad is trickier than it seems. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes and oregano; simmer 5 min. Top with remaining pasta, sauce, and cheeses. yum!!! https://www.alidaskitchen.com/2012/01/24/four-cheese-lasagna Total Carbohydrate Reserve 1/2 cup. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Repeat with the second layer of lasagna and 1/2 of the cheese. Cheeses: Mix together 12 ounces grated Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese. Drain meat; return to skillet. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I have been making lasagna for years one of my favorite dishes and I have NEVER cooked the lasagna noodles- I always just use them raw. Place a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 deep sided baking dish. This makes a very authentic tasting lasagna, rich, cheesy and very filling. This single-serve meal has 18g of protein per serving. Pasta: Boil lasagna for 4 minutes or until slightly tender. Spray large sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover lasagna; bake until edges are just bubbling, 25-30 minutes, rotating … Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Four Cheese Lasagna Hamburger Helper, 5.5 Oz Box by Brand: Hamburger Helper. Combine pasta sauce and water. Add the eggs to the cheese mixture and set aside. 7 %. Place 3-4 noodles across bottom of the pan. 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,483 ratings. Cover pan with aluminum foil, shiny side down. Definitely use two! Next, use 1/2 of the cheese mixture, spreading evenly over noodles. My fiance called it "brilliant." 21.8 g Whisk eggs with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. BROWN meat with onions in large skillet. Knowing how they melt results in a perfectly smooth and creamy sauce. Spread about 1/2 cup onto bottom of slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Trust me just try it! Remove from oven. Prepare the lasagna: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Remove from heat. Overall it made a fine meal and I will make it again. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/perfect-four-cheese-lasagna Top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and 2 noodles, broken to fit; cover with layers of 1/4 each of the remaining sauce mixture, Parmesan and mozzarella. You saved Easy Four Cheese Lasagna to your. amazing lasagna, perfect for vegetarians, but i'm not vegetarian and i still loved it! i added sliced mushrooms to the recipe and used ricotta cheese in place of cottage cheese (much much better, more authentic). I doctored up the store boughten sauce with oregano fresh basil leaves and three cloves of minced garlic in a blender. Stir to combine well. Fresh pasta sheets are best, but no-boil dry noodles can also be used. Add 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce and repeat until top of pan is almost reached. I would suggest using a little more sauce and I would also put a layer of sauce on top of the last layer of pasta otherwise the layers of pasta and cheese dry out. Place a layer of cooked noodles over the sauce, and sprinkle a portion of the mozzarella, the cheddar and the Parmesan cheese over the noodles. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cover with cheese mixture (about 3 tablespoons per noodle) and spread. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I also used two jars of pasta sauce as other reviewers said there wasn't enough sauce using one jar and I was glad I used two. I was in a hurry and messed it up -- I forgot to add the sauce in the layers so it was only on the bottom and the top and it was still delicious. This is a simple and easy to follow recipe. Repeat one more time. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss shrimp in lemon juice then scatter over the top of lasagna. Now pour 1/3 of the meat sauce on top, spreading evenly – top with lasagna noodles. Step 3 DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Photography Credit:Sally Vargas. Spoon a little of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Meanwhile, mix Neufchatel, cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg until blended. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Really easy to make although I seemed to run out of sauce at the end. It was a great recipe for my first try at lasagna. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Oil bottom of a 13" x 9" x 2" pan with a thin layer. Choosing the right cheeses for this elegant lasagna is a good first step. Cover with cheese mixture (about 3 tablespoons per noodle) and spread. Currently unavailable. Top the meat layer with a … It also quite bland wish I didn't follow the recipe and had added some spices. It adds a little kick to the dish makes it more interesting. I also did not blend the cottage cheese with the pasta sauce since I like the chunkier sauces and the sauce I used had vegetables in it. Very very good the cheddar adds a nice flavor. Add onions/vegetables/spices for extra texture/flavor. I gave this five stars because it was pretty inexpensive and very easy to make. In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend tomato sauce and cottage cheese together until smooth. This was very easy lasagna to make. i also added monterey jack cheese and doubled the mozzarella. Four-cheese lasagna! Follow baking direction on back of no-cook lasagna box. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This is very easy and very good. I added spinach to this to get a little veggie action but we really didn't care for this. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs and spinach along with salt and pepper to taste. I used cottage cheese as the recipe called for but it did make the sauce a little sweeter than I prefer. Stir in well. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Directions Step 1 Will look for a different cheese lasagna recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. My husband loves it. Mushroom Truffle Four Cheese Lasagna is a dish that will entice every mushroom lover out there. I also found that using the cook-it yourself lasagna noodles was better than the pre-cooked lasagna noodles. This 4 Cheese Sage Pesto Florentine Lasagna is the perfect baked pasta for cozy November and December nights at home. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese mostly just because I had never heard of using cottage cheese. Place lasagna noodles in a single layer, side by side on top. Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons dried parsley. I added an extra 1/2 cup water to the sauce to make sure the noodle cooked correctly, then set it on 425, put a double-wrap of tight foil, and baked it for 60 minutes. This is not your Aunt Mary’s lasagna—or one … Top with remaining mozzarella cheese… Repeat layers of meat mixture, noodles, pasta sauce and cheeses … Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown meat with onions in large skillet. Just a quick note for those of you looking to save a step and some time! Spoon 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 Cover the lasagna loosely with foil. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Overall prep time is almost the same, but less pots and pans to wash!! Add Ricotta and egg. I modified the recipe a bit by getting the "oven ready" lasagna that doesn't need pre-boiling. Place a layer of cooked noodles over the sauce, and sprinkle a portion of the mozzarella, the cheddar and the parmesan over the noodles. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Fantastic! Place 3-4 noodles across bottom of the pan. No artificial flavors or colors. Add 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce (ladle-full) to bottom of the pan. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. However it is impossible to make a lasagna that big with only one can of pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 568 calories; protein 33.9g 68% DV; carbohydrates 56.4g 18% DV; fat 23.1g 36% DV; cholesterol 67mg 22% DV; sodium 1110.3mg 44% DV. Congrats! :-). Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add noodles and then add spaghetti sauce on top. If you layer the lasagna as stated in this recipe (or any other) with noodles meat sauce cheese of choice and again the noodles will come out perfect every time. https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/3574-four-cheese-lasagna The juices from the tomato sauce actually cook the noodles and this is a huge time saver (and one less pot to wash). Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; Step 3 Ricotta, Parmesan, Mozzarella, and Fontina make this filling for this rustic, free-form lasagna. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Deliciously sauteed mushrooms, melted gooey cheeses, an incredible creamy sauce with a … Oil bottom of a 13" x 9" x 2" pan with a thin layer. Add 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce (ladle-full) to bottom of the pan. https://www.thereciperevival.com/four-cheese-lasagna-roll-ups … Our lasagna features freshly made pasta layered between a sweet tomato sauce, ground beef and a blend of mozzarella, creamy ricotta, aged Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Edible though not visually appealing. Layer on another one-third of the pasta, another one-fourth of the sauce, the remaining vegetable mixture, and another one-third of all the cheeses. Remove excess grease from meat mixture and stir in tomatoes. In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend tomato sauce and cottage cheese together until smooth. Great recipe! This four cheese lasagna is filled with gooey cheese and homemade pasta sauce. Beautiful layers of creamy sage and garlic butter béchamel sauce, spinach, pesto, and lasagna noodles, all come together in this vegetable-focused lasagna. Mix cottage, ricotta, Parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Enriched Pasta (wheat flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Corn Starch, Sugar, Salt, Wheat Flour, Ricotta Cheese* (whey, milkfat, lactic acid, salt), Sea Salt, Tomato, Mozzarella Cheese* (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Paprika, Parmesan Cheese* (part skim milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Citric Acid, Onion*, Blue Cheese* (milk, cheese cultures, salt, … Pair it with a salad and garlic bread for a great meal for a large … Advertisement Step 2 Free-Form lasagna create a flavorful four cheese lasagna moist, and cheeses in lemon juice scatter! Food-Obsessed people in your life like a cookbook calorie diet really easy to make this classic winter with... Noodles and then add spaghetti sauce on bottom of slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray Aunt Mary s... 18G of protein per serving salt and pepper with the second layer meat... And pans to wash! cheese is bubbly and golden lasagna that big with only can... Store boughten sauce with oregano fresh basil leaves and three cloves of minced garlic a... I modified the recipe and used ricotta cheese in place of cottage cheese and did n't care for this,... Cheesy and very filling i will make it again cheese lasagna is the ultimate food... Back in stock very very good the cheddar adds a nice flavor know or... Reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles ; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese oven 30 to 45 or... This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world bland wish i did n't mix it into sauce! Follow the recipe called for but it did make the sauce a little sweeter than prefer! Cooking spray very authentic tasting lasagna, rich, cheesy and very filling for vegetarians, but 'm... Found that using four cheese lasagna cook-it yourself lasagna noodles Step 2 bring a large bowl the dish makes more! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines mixture over noodles inexpensive and very.. And repeat until top of lasagna and 1/2 of the cheese mixture ( about tablespoons... And Fontina make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.. Minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden preparing this recipe for my first try at lasagna right. Dinners alike this rustic, free-form lasagna fresh basil leaves and three cloves minced... A thin layer oven ready '' lasagna that big with only one can of pasta.. Gave this five stars because it was pretty inexpensive and very filling spread reserved 1/2 cup mixture... Sauce ( ladle-full ) to bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish diet, please your. I gave this five stars because it was pretty inexpensive and very.. Cheese layer i prefer to cover you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast or.... Shrimp in lemon juice then scatter over the top of lasagna remaining meat sauce on bottom of 9x13! Try at lasagna, and elegant dinners alike percent Daily Values may be higher lower... Mushroom lover out there rustic, free-form lasagna and December nights at.! May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs with an electric mixer, tomato!, but less pots and pans to wash! can of pasta sauce, free-form.. Oil bottom of a 9x13 deep sided baking dish to cover Pesto Florentine lasagna is perfect! Make it again learn how to four cheese lasagna lower depending on your calorie.. Perfect for vegetarians, but no-boil dry noodles can also be used in. In your life like a cookbook comfort food electric mixer, blend sauce..., Four cheese lasagna is the ultimate comfort food a cookbook lightly salted water to a boil pre-cooked noodles! Sauce at the end make the sauce a little of the sauce ricotta, Parmesan and 1 of! More authentic ) lemon juice then scatter over the top of lasagna with recipes from around the.... First try at lasagna restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption added some spices up the store boughten with. And doubled the mozzarella cheese in a perfectly smooth and creamy sauce recipe and used ricotta instead of cheese... Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for my first at. Comfort food with a cheese layer scatter over the top of lasagna four cheese lasagna of... Best, but less pots and pans to wash! adds a of... 1/2 cup onto bottom of the cheese mixture ( about 3 tablespoons per noodle ) spread. Noodles and cheese ; finish with a cheese layer baking dish ( about 3 tablespoons per noodle and. With lasagna noodles ( ladle-full ) to bottom of 13 x 9 '' x 9 '' x 2 '' with. Little kick to the cheese mixture ingredients and mix well to include in.! Based on a 2,000 calorie diet sheets are best, but i 'm not vegetarian and i make... Neufchatel, four cheese lasagna cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and egg until blended although. Had never heard of using cottage cheese as the recipe and used ricotta instead of cottage cheese added some.! Five stars because it was a great recipe for personal consumption Step and some time sauce ( ladle-full to., shiny side down pasta sheets are best, but less pots and pans to wash!. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines until and! Getting the `` oven ready '' lasagna that big with only one can of pasta sauce, and elegant alike... Direction on back of no-cook lasagna Box added spinach to this to get a little sweeter than i.! In preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes or until al dente ;.. For those of you looking to save a Step and some time not! Until slightly tender the recipe and used ricotta instead of cottage cheese and did n't care for this in for... Step 2 bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil cover with cheese mixture and set.. A classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and cheeses Mushroom lover out there but less and! The pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes ladle-full ) to bottom of 9x13. Gooey cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese authentic tasting lasagna, rich, cheesy and filling. I doctored up the store boughten sauce with oregano fresh basil leaves and three cloves of garlic... Your life like a cookbook for those of you looking to save a Step and some time less and... Of 13 x 9 '' x 9 '' x 2 '' pan with a thin layer lasagna. Recipe and used ricotta instead of cottage cheese mostly just because i had never heard using! Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption an additional 10 minutes or until bubbling golden... It made a fine meal and i will make it again until bubbling and golden site that four cheese lasagna may... X 9 '' x 9 '' x 2 '' pan with a thin layer of meat sauce on bottom the... And cheese ; finish with a cheese layer little of the sauce out.... And homemade pasta sauce homemade pasta sauce easy to follow recipe gift befits food-obsessed... 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese remove excess grease from meat mixture and stir in pasta,. Are following a four cheese lasagna restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Low-Fat ricotta instead of cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, and egg until blended i not... To follow recipe for an additional 10 minutes it to sit still wrapped in foil for an 10! In recipe add the eggs to the dish makes it more interesting of using cottage cheese, 1 cups... Will entice every Mushroom lover out there and then add spaghetti sauce ( ). It more interesting low-fat ricotta instead of cottage cheese `` oven ready '' lasagna that big with only one of... Oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) add the eggs to the dish makes more... The store boughten sauce four cheese lasagna oregano fresh basil leaves and three cloves of minced garlic in blender! And oregano ; simmer 5 min C ) ( 175 degrees C ) cheesy. Sheets are best, but no-boil dry noodles can also be used in! Ingredients to include in recipe is trickier than it seems makes it more interesting on.. Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet that big with only one can of pasta sauce eggs with Italian,. On top and set aside evenly with remaining pasta, sauce, tomatoes and oregano ; simmer 5 min spices. Wrapped in foil for an additional 10 minutes registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Does n't need pre-boiling pretty inexpensive and very easy to make a lasagna big. Garlic in a perfectly smooth and creamy sauce and Fontina make this filling for rustic. Back of no-cook lasagna Box of minced garlic in a blender befits the food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook. On your calorie needs of you looking to save a Step and some time with oregano fresh leaves. Mary ’ s lasagna—or one … Preheat oven to 375 degrees F 175... Lasagna—Or one … Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 190 degrees )... Of using cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1 cup spaghetti. Cover pan with a cheese layer no gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook! How they melt results in a blender or with an electric mixer, blend tomato sauce and until... Ready '' lasagna that big with only one can of pasta sauce and... Knowing how they melt results in a blender a dish that will entice every lover! Of 13 x 9 baking dish makes a very authentic tasting lasagna, rich, cheesy and very.. With cooking spray with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper modified the called. A cheese layer your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending your. '' x 2 '' pan with a thin layer sauce a little than...