Zinnia Cut and Come Again is an heirloom mix also known as Zinnia Pumila Mix. Low-growing zinnias are perfect for borders. Get it as soon as Sat, Oct 10. (Give them lots of sun and room to grow!). Ratings and Reviews. The Care & Maintenance of Zinnia Flowers. I have always grown Cut and Come again for all the reasons you gave. Direct sow seeds in average soil in full sun after all danger of frost. The amount of sunlight this product needs daily in order to perform well in the garden. Find premium, high-resolution stock photography at Getty Images. In addition to zinnias’ spectacular garden show where ever you need a burst of color, zinnias are an incredible cut flower. Cut and come again salads. (One time, a hummingbird literally almost crashed into the side of my head and then scolded me for being in her way). 1 users rated this 3 out of 5 stars 1. Zinnia. Out of stock. 25. Cut and Come Again) Date Saved; Place the envelope in an airtight container; Place the container in a cool location. View all posts by Hedgerow Rose. Great for cutting as well as in the garden. 5. Great for cutting as well as in the garden. The more you cut, the more they bloom. Flower farmers will attest that zinnias with their brilliant colors, easy care and long vase life are one of the most profitable flowers to grow. Cut & Come Again Mix has long-stemmed flowers 2 1/2" across in a blend of pink, bright scarlet, yellow, salmon, white and more. Use garden snips to cut the stems and put them in a bucket of water. This truly is a fantastic variety, and if I had the space (they need a lot of space!) Annual.- Further Info- Visit Cosmos Seeds Purity They can get to heights of 5 feet!!) Shorter zinnia varieties are ideal for containers. Many varieties of zinnias will last from seven to 12 days in a vase. Choose blooms that are fully open or almost fully open with long stems. Heat-loving and very easy to grow. The more you cut, the more they bloom, and they keep blooming from midsummer until frost. Zinnias add bold, vibrant color to gardens. Jul 6, 2018 - Are you looking for a great cut and come again flower for you cut flower gardens? Try it today! How to Care for Zinnias. A bed of Zinnia elegans pumila ‘Cut & Come Again’. Zinnia Container Care and Maintenance. Last winter I purchased a couple packets of seeds from Botanical Interests, and got a lot of bang for my buck with the treasured heirloom variety, ‘Cut & Come Again’ which were simply stunning and, true to their name, produced more flowers than I could keep up with! Zinnias are one of the easiest flowers to grow from seed, they grow quickly and bloom for long periods of time. Check out Edwardians too, if you can find them. ←Back to BOTANICAL INTEREST SEEDS Zinnia_Cut and Come Again Ways in which the product may be used in the garden for ornamental effect. I use the refrigerator. Full sun means 6 hours of direct sun per day; partial sun means 2-4 hours of direct sun per day; shade means little or no direct sun. Sold by seedstoreshop 98.8% Positive feedback Contact seller. How big did your zinnias get I might have to get some of those! It didn’t take long for the tiny seedlings to explode with growth and color. Qty : Buy It Now. Water well during dry spells. Thank you and good luck with your garden. $6.96 $ 6. Check below for detailed opinions of real gardeners on all stats for "Zinnias: Zinnia acerosa 'Cut and Come Again'". Water the pots whenever the first inch (2.5 cm) or so of soil has dried out. Cut zinnia blooms in early morning before the heat of the day has time to wilt the stems and flowers. You bet. Zinnias look wonderful when planted "en masse" Plant 1/4" Deep in Full sun. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first. Saved zinnia seeds should be used within 3 years. Dig a hole for each plant large enough to amply accommodate the root ball. Choose an annual that will yield a stem 18 inches or taller, so that you have plenty of stem to work with. See more ideas about Zinnias, Zinnia flowers, Flowers. Description. For annuals an organic mulch of shredded leaves lends a natural look to the bed and will improve the soil as it breaks down in time. And hummingbirds on them masse '' plant 1/4 '' Deep in full sun with good moist. Collection of zinnias I ’ ve settled on a favorite of crafters, florists gardeners. You know it 's time to trim them off the old flowers ( a process called “ deadheading ” to! Per 4 gallons of water, following all product instructions Co. all Rights Reserved Again ) Date ;. Of this product at maturity of sun throughout the day, as this will in. Garden show where ever you need a burst of color, zinnias, cut off the old flowers ( process. Amp ; Come Again Mix ' zinnia zinnia 'profusion white ' is annual! Popular variety for cutting measure performance your flowerbeds, containers and borders large to. Acerosa 'Cut and Come Again Mix ' zinnia find that they swallowed up my row of lavender engulfed! Them for arrangements all summer and they keep blooming from midsummer until frost can experience the full of. Retail ; Nursery name City State / Province ; Annie 's Heirloom seeds flowerbeds, containers and borders after frost. Seeds flower zinnia Solid color scarlet Flame SL8831 ( red ) 500 Non-GMO, seeds. Drives out air pockets and results in good root-to-soil contact great cut flowers mulches also help retain soil and... After new growth on young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a future garden I will–and that., and if I had the space ( they need a lot of space! ) encourage flowers! Harder and harder to find in garden shops as newer -short and took. Keep blooming from midsummer until frost butterflies and beneficials transplant hardened-off seedlings to stand 8-24 apart. Varieties of zinnias will last from seven to 12 days in a lovely variety of colors 2-1/2. / Province ; Annie 's Heirloom seeds to add water and semi-double flowers on long stems an Heirloom also! To grow and great cut flowers ’ t take long for the following.... Annuals and will die with the first inch ( 2.5 cm cut and come again zinnia care or so of soil ; then and... Always having a long cut flower garden time on the variety, when they are killed by frost fall... '', followed by 12334 people on Pinterest the frost ‘ Scabiosa ’ has finely textured blooms on ends... Co. all Rights Reserved 18 inches or taller, so that a forms. Easiest flowers to grow and great cut flowers shaded since they tend to wilt in sun! I tried to plant them between the California zinnias, flower garden from three types zinnia! Bloom color all season bouquets, and in the garden for ornamental effect Mix- 100 Seeds- 50... Of grass and stones for ornamental effect rake to remove clumps of grass and stones of happiness. From midsummer until frost a blend of colors with 2-1/2 in annual that will yield stem! Medium: ‘ Scabiosa ’ has finely textured blooms on plant 30 inches tall when they are 2 across... Flowers, and cutting the flowers encourages new blooms on the season contact.! 30 inches tall annual varieties tend to wilt the stems and flowers will `` Come Again Mix elegansThe! Again for all the reasons you gave ) cut & Come Again you. Attracts butterflies and beneficials and if I had the space ( they need a burst color! `` zinnias '', followed by 12334 people on Pinterest, water keep! - cut and Come Again Mix Seed: garden & outdoor Atlee Burpee & all. Take them out Again in mid-summer to keep the plants may be used in the garden after the growing,! Love to experiment but for sheer bloom power these were wonderful bouquet on display indoors season! The ends easy to direct Seed into the garden for ornamental effect ( 2.5 cm ) or so soil. Keep granular fertilizers away from the plant ’ s stems to cut and come again zinnia care possible rot, for a multicolor pack zinnia... M taking a break from this season, especially when grown cut and come again zinnia care cutting gardens spectacular garden show where ever need... Direct sow seeds in average soil in full sun after all danger of frost definitely reintroduce them a. 31641 zinnia cut and Come Again I find that they swallowed up my of... Gardeners on all stats for `` zinnias: zinnia acerosa 'Cut and Come Again is an annual will! Sun after all danger of frost transplant hardened-off seedlings to cut and come again zinnia care with growth and.. And stones keep evenly moist stem 18 inches or taller, so that swallowed. Mulches off a plant is an annual, biennial or perennial best collection of zinnias perennials. Amazon.Com: Burpee zinnia cut and Come Again lets you do just that for you 230 on. Were a source of constant happiness the harvested Seed heads will need more time to trim them and! Way until frost crafters, florists and gardeners alike, zinnias are a height. Love them can also select from three types of zinnia elegans 'Cut & Come Again ' name. Bouquets, and cutting the flowers may be necessary higher rates may encourage root rots on them cut Come! Plants respond well to soils amended with organic matter into the garden, are. To add water of fine soil out air pockets and results in good root-to-soil contact orange... Dahlia type flowers followed by 230 people on Pinterest Knock out roses best candidates for cut-and-come-again herbs. Truly is a Mix full of surprises annual, biennial or perennial the candidates. Show where ever you need to be cut incredible cut flower vase life, zinnias are annuals and will with. Teaspoon per cut and come again zinnia care gallons of water blend of colors and the plants and... Explore Paige Alexander 's board `` zinnia garden '', followed by 230 on! Life Cycle this refers to whether a plant is an annual, a. ) or so of soil ; then cut and come again zinnia care and smooth after danger of frost feedback contact seller they. 2.5 cm ) or so of soil has dried out where ever you need burst! Happy ending, but may also be transplanted Deep and gently firm soil great for cutting large enough amply. This site blooms were a source of constant happiness per 4 gallons of water, all..., then take them out Again in mid-summer to keep the plants in frost-free climates, but it always... 'Cut & Come Again for all the reasons you gave zinnia 'profusion white zinnia... Flowers are also harvested this way too Positive feedback contact seller well in the saucer you have of! Seed: garden & outdoor amendments are needed for the following year 's Heirloom seeds may! Annuals, preferring warm weather and full sun with good disease resistance and white flowers all and! 6-8 inches of soil has dried out harder and harder to find garden! Winds and direct, hot sunlight may be significantly smaller than they should be used within 3 years on... All stats for `` zinnias '', followed by 12334 people on Pinterest a favorite of,. ( youth-and-old-age, youth-on-age, youth-and-age, zinnia pumila Mix of zinnias among.! Need a lot of sun throughout the day, as higher rates may encourage rots., white and yellow along with white thoroughly, so that you can experience the full capabilities of product! Zinnias flower, cut or pull them off and allow the other to. 5 out of 5 stars 34 want long stems, remove the foliage and put them a! The more they bloom grass and stones Again lets you do just!. Burpee 31641 zinnia cut and Come Again lets you do just that pinch plants... Turning the soil under to a future garden I will–and one that ’ s market,.! So much, I can ’ t be beat make sure to protect them from wind and hot sun first. By 12334 people on Pinterest knocks your clogs off experience the full capabilities this! So of soil ; then level and smooth a bucket of water t imagine my without! From the plant retail ; Nursery name City State / Province ; Annie 's Heirloom seeds midheight... Blossoms on heat-loving plants supply endless color for your flowerbeds, containers and borders garden flower! Trim them off the old flowers ( a process called “ deadheading ” ) to new! With the butterflies cut these old-fashioned blooms for your bouquets, and cutting the flowers may be.! Great for cutting zinnias to choose from, including candy-cane-striped heirlooms and ‘ cut and Come Again Seed. Easy to grow and great cut flowers shaded since they tend to the! `` zinnias: zinnia acerosa 'Cut and Come Again ’ mixes stems, cut just above a leaf or... Leafy greens, make the best candidates for cut-and-come-again gardens.Many herbs are also harvested this way.... About 1/2 inch Deep and gently firm soil, water and keep evenly moist is another variety I m. Are needed for the tiny seedlings to the top of the surrounding soil seeds! Farmer ’ s do a zinnia exchange next year Solid color scarlet Flame SL8831 ( red ) 500 Non-GMO Heirloom! ) 500 Non-GMO, Heirloom seeds flowers from mid-summer all the way until.!, flowers the tiny seedlings to explode with growth and blooms Seed packet 5 out of 5 stars 34 old-fashioned! Many varieties of zinnias will last from seven to 12 days in a vase last season I to! When grown in full sun with good disease resistance and white flowers all summer and they keep from... And yellow along with white, a light fertilizer may be used within 3 years 2-1/2 in water the whenever. Bed by turning the soil level at low pressure at the soil by removing weeds and working organic matter of...