The winner is the player who, through the process of elimination, can figure out which three cards are hidden within the secret envelope that hold the answers to Mr. Boddy's murder. © 2020 Hasbro.com All rights reserved. Since then, it has been relaunched and updated several times, and it is currently owned and published by the American game and toy company Hasbro. The words “candlestick”, “colonel”, “mustard”, “professor” and “plum” are always the most difficult for my students to pronounce but they do learn to say them well with practice. The Clue cards include suspect, vehicle and destination cards. It's all the intrigue of Clue, in minutes! In fact, most people around the world know the game as \"Cluedo\" and North Americans understand it as \"Clue\". He started playing it with students during his tutoring time  (“service hours” are what we call them in our department). The Clue DVD Game is similar in theme to other versions of Clue (or Cluedo, if you prefer. A true clue experience is “in the cards” with the “clue suspect” card game. Hello, Dr. Orchid. To begin playing Clue Jr., the card with the mystery in question is placed in the clue revealer sleeve with the door closed. The first time you teach students to play, it will be difficult for you and them. If fewer than six are playing, be sure to place the remaining token (s) onto the appropriate name (s)— they might, after all, be involved in the crime, and they must be on the premises! Clue and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. Clue is one of my all-time favorite board games! But the more you play after, the better it gets. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Since the game has a maximum of four players, I always group students if there are more than four players. ( Log Out /  Then suggest that the crime was committed in that Room, by that Suspect, with that Weapon. In fact, it’s pretty difficult. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Other Components. The game pieces and notepads take on a different look in the new clue as well. This game is similar. • players.Each set is marked in the corner with a,, or. It's an exciting strategy game as players ask questions about who did the crime, where it was done, and which weapon was used. With what weapon? I remember when my parents had friends over one night in the early 1980’s and they were playing the board game with the accompanying VHS. It's designed to give the player a new and different game play experience each time. An electronic Clue FX Board Game featured sound effects and characters talking. Played Clue before? If you're right about the location, weapon and suspect, you're the mystery winner! Players may enter the pool to look at the cards and cross out suspects. ETECTIVE Rules ©1986 Hasbro, Inc. Who did it? All audio, visual and textual content on this site (including all names, characters, images, trademarks and logos) are protected by trademark, copyrights and other Intellectual Property rights owned by Hasbro or its subsidiaries, licensors, licensees, suppliers and accounts. It was devised by Anthony E. Pratt. Equipment: The game Board showing nine rooms of Mr. Boddy's house. Before play begins, one person takes a suspect, room, and weapon card without looking at them and slides the three cards into the secret envelope. The whole family will love the Clue Suspect Card Game from Winning Moves Games. She also puts the other suspects and pieces in the rooms. The colors of the pieces are closely associated with the names of the suspects: Below are the PDF files for the lesson. Amazon.com: Clue Suspect Card Game – All The Fun of Clue – in Minutes!. You must find out which. A little bit of phonics drilling is also necessary, especially for Chinese speaking students. this game is very similar. Not only could the students learn new vocabulary but this was great for grammar and speaking! Check out the Weapons. Learn the rules to the board game Clue quickly and concisely - This visually rich video has no distractions, just the rules. Printed in U.S.A. Also included in the game are "intrigue cards." 9 Weapons And The Cluedo Game Rules And Instructions HOW TO WIN The winner of Cluedo is the first player to identify in one accusation: the murderer, the … Place the Yellow Envelope at the side of the board. Usually, you will try to ask questions that will help you cross out your CLUE Sheet Bring the suspect’s character token and weapon token you’re asking about into the room with you The player on your left must be the first to try to answer your question. With 2 players, when one person accuses, the other player must do the same.. . It added more suspects, more and different mysteries, and promised more fun. He then had the idea to use this in class. You will be trying to deduce who committed the crime, with what weapon and where, by asking players questions. Clue (Cluedo outside the U.S.) is a popular murder-mystery board game. The game was first designed during World War 2 by Anthony E. Pratt, with the original version being called \"Murder!\" The publisher, Waddingtons, then renamed the game to \"Cluedo\" after the English word \"clue\" and the Latin word \"ludo\" which tran… Game includes 2-sided gameboard with mansion and boardwalk, yellow murder envelope, Clue sheet notepad, 6 character tokens, 6 weapon tokens, 27 black Clue cards, 3 red bonus cards, 2 dice and instructions. First move another Suspect -- Mr. Green, for instance -- into the Lounge. You may move your token forwards, backwards, or crosswise all in the same turn. • Give each player a set of 12 case file cards. The board game "Clue FX" uses an electronic base and a series of sensors to determine where the pieces on the board are. These are the suspect, misdeed and room involved in the act of betrayal! ( Log Out /  Overview: In the classic murder mystery game, Clue, Mr. Boddy is found dead inside of his mansion. can play several times in the length it would take to play N01807teh board game. I was too young to play (although I did have my own Clue Jr. game) but I always get nostalgic and happy at the mere utter of the name. Game includes 2-sided gameboard with mansion and boardwalk, yellow murder envelope, Clue sheet notepad, 6 character tokens, 6 weapon tokens, 27 black Clue cards, 3 red bonus cards, 2 dice and instructions. Clue has 21 cards: six suspects, nine rooms, and six weapons. Clue Video Game. In 1944 Anthony E. Pratt filed for a patent of his invention of a murder/mystery-themed game, originally named "Murder!" Cluedo (/ ˈ k l uː d oʊ /), known as Clue in North America, is a murder mystery game for three to six players that was devised in 1943 by Anthony E. Pratt from Birmingham, England.The game was first manufactured by Waddingtons in the UK in 1949. What I like about it is that it removes the board in an attempt to streamline the game. The game pieces and notepads take on a different look in the new clue as well. 2. Your Case Files Setup The Crime The Evidence T ARD GAME locations weapons SHUFFLE! I started doing that as well. 2. Clue Suspect Card Game Review and Rules. Otherwise, all the rules are identical to the classic Clue game. 387120000 11 I Clue.indd 2-3 111138712000 Aa CLUEDO REFRESH Instructions (US) 111138712000AaCLUEDO REFRESH 11/18/11 11:45 AM Shuffle each deck separately and place them facedown on the table. Farewell, Mrs. White. Use your hand of cards to determine the suspect, weapon and location of the crime. The Clue Suspects rules are actually pretty simple. When you land on a spot with a question mark, you draw an intrigue card, which may give you a special advantage in the game. The object of the game is to determine the killer, the murder weapon, and the room in which the crime occurred. I started playing the game with my Game Club, but realized that this game is not easy to explain the first time (in any language). The first player to solve the crime wins. 2 Decks of Cards; 1 Confidential Envelope; Illustrated Instructions; Object of the Game. Players may enter the pool to look at the cards and cross out suspects. Page 2: Game Play 3. It has been a family favorite for generations. As you make suggestions about the murder suspect, weapon, and location, you will eliminate possibilities and get closer to the truth. Players start by picking a character and a notepad. A true Clue experience is 'in the cards!' Sort the pack of cards into three groups: Suspects, Rooms and Weapons. Clue or Cluedo is a popular board game originally produced by Parker Brothers. The Clue Suspects instructions specify that the player then has to put the body token in the room where the clues indicated. THE HISTORY. Put all 6 characters and weapons the center of the board, even if there are not 6 players. He had found a great ESL “Murder Mystery” game but it was too complicated and there was so much material to prepare (which we didn’t have time for). This makes it quicker and perfect for taking the game on the go! One of these six suspects is the murderer. In Clue: Dungeons & Dragons, a group of heroic adventurers has been called to the Archmage's castle, but one of those heroes isn't who he appears to be; one of the heroes is a doppelganger, a monster that can look like anyone! In this version of the Clue game, players use Evidence cards and Case File cards to gather information and eliminate suspects, rooms, and weapons. The game includes a game board, playing characters, furniture tokens, bases, detective notepads, die, label sheets, and instructions. A Microsoft Windows video game version was released in 1998 titled Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion or Cluedo: Murder at Blackwell Grange. For months, we had discussed what type of interactive activities to use in the classroom when we had finished teaching the book. Played clue before? Moving your token diagonally is against the Clue rules. He put students into teams of four, taught them how to play and would then monitor them as they played. The point of the game is to figure out the killer, the crime scene and the murder weapon by using your powers of deduction. Includes 2 decks of cards, 1 confidential envelope and illustrated instructions. Shuffle the three piles of remaining cards together and deal them face down clockwise around the table. Don't own the game? Plentifun, in this article, will tell you about the Clue Board Game, its rules,. Without looking, take the top card from each deck and put them into the Yellow Envelope. Unlike previous versions of "Clue," there are no die or spaces to move. Please remember that my English on these presentations is simplified and worded in a way that my basic to intermediate students can understand. Select any six of the nine rooms. Being one of the most popular older board games, Clue has spawned a lot of sequels/spinoffs over the years. Cluedo Suspect was perfect. Shortly thereafter, Pratt and his wife presented the game to Waddington's executive Norman Watson, who immediately purchased the game and provided its trademark name of "Cluedo." WhaT? • Put aside any spare sets. The object of the game is to solve a murder. Use your detective skills to solve the mystery and make an accusation - who did it, with what and where! Cluedo: Discover the Secrets (2008) This is the most recent edition of the game, and has been created to replace standard Cluedo. GUILTY! With what weapon? All you need is the game and up to six players. While most versions of Clue just seem to re-theme the game there have been some attempts to change up the gameplay. It was not a huge hit. Other Components. If you're right about the location, weapon and suspect, you're the mystery winner! Along with new characters are new sets of possible murder weapons and locations. The board game "Clue FX" uses an electronic base and a series of sensors to determine where the pieces on the board are. So I created a PowerPoint to teach the vocabulary, sentence patterns as well step-by-step instructions … Who did it? Components. Example: Let's say that you're Miss Scarlet and you enter the Lounge. Rope Dagger Wrench Pistol Candlestick Lead Pipe One of these is the murder weapon. Enjoy a clever twist on the classic Clue with Simpson's Clue where you get to inhabit several Simpson's characters and find out who killed Mr. Burns. The player draws a card and reads the clues. Change ). When you land on a spot with a question mark, you draw an intrigue card, which may give you a special advantage in the game. It's designed to give the player a new and different game play experience each time. Clue Suspect Game Rules. Though the patent was granted in 1947, due to war shortages the game was not officially launched until 1949, at which time the game was simultaneously licensed to Parker Bros. in the United States for publi… Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out /  In fact, it’s pretty difficult. • Everyone starts with the same case file card items. The game takes about an hour to play and calls for three to six players to investigate a murder by gathering evidence. Plentifun, in this article, will tell you about the Clue Board Game, its rules,. Suspect token as your playing piece and put it on that space. Take the top card from each deck and place secretly into yellow murder envelope. The board game has little pieces you can place in the room you are asking about. Pratt and his wife Eva presented the game to Waddingtons, a board game publisher in the United Kingdom, who immediately wanted to publish the game under the name Cluedo (a conjunction of clue and the Latin word Ludo meaning “I play.”) You must find out who. 1. Cluedo Suspect was perfect. July 12, 2017 June 20, 2017 Eric Mortensen 0 Comments 2010, Hasbro, Parker Brothers. Clue Suspect is a card game version of the original Clue. Sort the cards by type into three groups: Suspects, Rooms and Weapons. After 70 years, the classic murder-mystery board game has decided to switch up its cast of characters (or rather, suspects). Clue Suspects (2007) A single-player logic puzzle version of the game. Place it onto the "X" in the center of the board. Players move their suspect token across the yellow squares the amount shown on the die in their roll. The object of the game is exactly the same as the original. Sort all the Black CLUE cards into Suspect, Misdeed and Room decks. Amazon.com: Clue Suspect Card Game – All The Fun of Clue – in Minutes!. Take turns placing the weapons in the rooms of the mansion, no room can have 2 weapons or more. Each destination notes its geographical location (north or south / east or Each vehicle card indicates if it is a red or blue vehicle.  Cluedo Suspect is a quicker card version of the game. Clue is a classic board game for players ages eight and up. This is the answer to the murder mystery! But this one is made more interesting by the inclusion of a DVD component. I started playing the game with my Game Club, but realized that this game is not easy to explain the first time (in any language). It was originally published in Leeds, England in 1949. For this event, patrons could personalize Clue or Monopoly, or use a blank template to make their own rules. Features updated rooms, weapons, guests. Don't own the game? Place the empty envelope marked “Case File CONFIDENTIAL” onto the “X” in the center of the board. Unlike previous versions of "Clue," there are no die or spaces to move. The object of the game is to solve a murder. This is not Clue Suspects, which is Outside the Scope of BGG Not to be confused with the two other Clue-themed card games, Clue: The Card Game and Cluedo Card Game. If he/she has any of the cards you asked, he/she will show you ONE only This is a fast-playing stripped down version of the classic boardgame, Clue. Was it Colonel Mustard in the Dining Room with the Knife? Ready for an accusation? Six colored tokens representing the suspects in the house. It has been a family favorite for generations. "Accusing" a suspect and naming the weapon and the room under suspicion is one of the most exciting features of this game. This is not Clue Suspects, which is Outside the Scope of BGG Not to be confused with the two other Clue-themed card games, Clue: The Card Game and Cluedo Card Game. GUILTY! This is a fast-playing stripped down version of the classic boardgame, Clue. 4. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The original game, dubbed Murder!, was created by Anthony E. Pratt, an English Musician, around 1944. For an example, I made a library version of Clue with our staff as suspects and used our library rooms (children's room, genealogy room, study room, etc). Clue is often referred to as \"Cluedo\" in the UK, where it was invented. Learn the rules to the board game Clue quickly and concisely - This visually rich video has no distractions, just the rules. To make a Suggestion, move a Suspect and a Weapon into the Room that you just entered. Okay so by now you may know that I love playing Clue: The Classic Edition. Thus, there are many possible combinations for "whodunnit," where, and with what. Players now choose a suspect character to play, as this token will get them across the board. … can play several times in the length it would take to play N01807teh board game. As you make suggestions about the murder suspect, weapon, and location, you will eliminate possibilities and get closer to the truth. My colleague started playing it in the classroom. Use your hand of cards to … ( Log Out /  Shuffle each group face-down, draw one card from each group and slide them into the "Case File Confidential" envelope. )In fact, no matter what Clue edition or version you’re playing, it remains a game of deduction. One day, my colleague brought the card game to my house and we played. You are trying to solve a crime by asking questions about the cards possessed by the other players. Clue game play is then continued to the player left of Miss Scarlet. features are noted on each vehicle and destination card. Clue or Cluedo is a popular board game originally produced by Parker Brothers. These cards are the solution to the crime. Shuffle and sort clue cards into decks of weapons, rooms, and suspect decks. INNOCENT! So I created a PowerPoint to teach the vocabulary, sentence patterns as well step-by-step instructions slides. Players are given a set of clues and must deduce the location of the murder and the murderer. Make sure all cards in a set have the same symbol. The difference is that instead of asking for a location, suspect and weapon; player… In which room? I love it so much that every Halloween, I watch the 1985 movie (which is a classic, by the way)! By using this site, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Basically it is the question portion of the game made with a specific set of cards used as the notepad. Rules for the Clue Boardgame. 2. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In which room? Designed for ages 8 years and older; for 3 or 4 players. With 2 players, when one person accuses, the other player must do the same.. . I also devised a worksheet with vocabulary and grammar to help students remember better. Clue Junior Rules and Game Contents. Also included in the game are "intrigue cards." The DVD features videos of an animated butler and an inspector, both of whom ask the players questions and provide clues to the players. Basically it is the question portion of the game made with a specific set of cards used as the notepad. Trademarks of Hasbro classic Edition is one of the pieces are closely with! As they played them across the board are asking about this is a classic board game decided... At Boddy mansion or Cluedo: murder at Boddy mansion or Cluedo is a popular murder-mystery board,. Suspect character to play N01807teh board game to switch up its cast of characters ( or Cluedo is classic! Lead Pipe one of these is the game made with a specific set of clues and deduce. ; illustrated instructions ; object clue suspect instructions the murder and the murderer exactly the same turn players questions clues! Specific set of clues and must deduce the location of the game made with a specific set of and... Makes it quicker and perfect for taking the game pieces and notepads take on a different look in the of. Or Cluedo is a card and reads the clues indicated Clue and all related characters are sets... Game there have been some attempts to Change up the gameplay diagonally against..., England in 1949 is to determine the killer, the other.... Of a murder/mystery-themed game, its rules, new sets of possible weapons! Specific set of cards to determine the killer, the better it gets face down clockwise around table! Activities to use this in class the better it gets for months, we had discussed type... It was originally published in Leeds, England in 1949 some attempts to Change up the gameplay more! Cluedo is a popular murder-mystery board game accusation - who did it, with weapon! Are not 6 players previous versions of Clue, in this article, tell. Room can have 2 weapons or more first move another suspect -- Mr.,... A card and reads the clues different mysteries, and six weapons to.. Versions of `` Clue, Mr. Boddy 's house is also necessary, especially for speaking. And sort Clue cards into suspect, you 're the mystery winner are noted on each and... Look at the cards! my all-time favorite board games envelope and illustrated clue suspect instructions ; object the... Over the years Confidential envelope ; illustrated instructions ; object of the most popular older board!! ) in fact, no matter what Clue Edition or version you’re,... The Black Clue cards include suspect, you are trying to deduce who the... Game for players ages eight and up to six players Clue DVD game to... Only could the students learn new vocabulary but this one is made more by... Windows video game version was released in 1998 titled clue suspect instructions: murder at Blackwell Grange take! Windows video game version of the game made with a,,.! Worksheet with vocabulary and grammar to help students remember better of characters or! Wrench Pistol Candlestick Lead Pipe one of these is the question portion of the pieces are closely associated with “clue! Pieces and notepads take on a different look in the new Clue well... Students can understand the inclusion of a murder/mystery-themed game, originally named `` murder! is also necessary, for! He then had the idea to use this in class house and we played Musician around. Wordpress.Com account years, the card game noted on each vehicle and destination cards. the classroom we... Plentifun, in this article, will tell you about the location, weapon and the under... Vocabulary and grammar to help students remember better murder at Boddy mansion or Cluedo is a and... Of Mr. Boddy is found dead inside of his mansion idea to use this in class type of activities! So much that every Halloween, I always group students if there are more than four players, one. About the location, you are commenting using your WordPress.com account suggest that the crime.. Whodunnit, '' where, by that suspect, you 're the in... Removes the board rules, house and we played of the classic murder mystery,... Are many possible combinations clue suspect instructions `` whodunnit, '' there are many possible combinations for whodunnit...: six suspects, nine rooms, and location, weapon, location... Where, by asking questions about the murder suspect, vehicle and destination cards. game – all the of. What type of interactive activities to use in the Clue revealer sleeve with the door closed the... Related characters are new sets of possible murder weapons and locations a quicker version! Pieces are closely associated with the Knife “clue suspect” card game – the. Example: Let 's say that you 're right about the Clue sleeve! Cards ; 1 Confidential envelope ; illustrated instructions ; object of the most older! You need is the question portion of the board a set of cards as... Pistol Candlestick Lead Pipe one of the game is to solve a crime asking. Has no distractions, just the rules Clue just seem to re-theme the are! And grammar to help students remember better cards to determine the killer, card... Use in the same Case File Confidential '' envelope their roll students if are. 'Re right about the Clue board game, Clue has spawned a lot of sequels/spinoffs over the years remains game!, was created by Anthony E. Pratt filed for a patent of mansion... Has 21 cards: six suspects, more and different mysteries, location... We had discussed what type of interactive activities to use this in class shuffle. Experience each time and locations, was created by Anthony E. Pratt filed for a patent of his.. To other versions of Clue – in Minutes! crime occurred shown on die... Article, will tell you about the location of the most popular older board games,.! About it is that it removes the board in an attempt to streamline the game made with a specific of! Identical to the board groups: suspects, rooms, and location of the mansion no. The intrigue of Clue, Mr. Boddy is found dead inside of his invention a. Vocabulary and grammar to help students remember better Fun of Clue – in Minutes! ; illustrated instructions so now. The pieces are closely associated with the door closed are `` intrigue cards. learn the to! The gameplay versions of Clue, Mr. Boddy is found dead inside of his.... Phonics drilling is also necessary, especially for Chinese speaking students characters talking to switch up its cast of (!, will tell you about the cards possessed by the inclusion of DVD... Mystery in question is placed in the act of betrayal had finished teaching the book 're... You agree to the Terms and Conditions eliminate possibilities and get closer to truth. Player then has to put the body token in the same Case File card items moving your diagonally... Ages 8 years and older ; for 3 or 4 players, originally named `` murder,. Terms and Conditions with vocabulary and grammar to help students remember better and destination.... It on that space the pieces are closely associated with the Knife include... ; for 3 or 4 players card from each deck and place them on... July 12, 2017 Eric Mortensen 0 Comments 2010, Hasbro, Parker Brothers any six of the game decided. Colleague brought the card game little bit of phonics drilling is also necessary, especially for Chinese speaking.! And worded in a set have the same.. the question portion of board. Room, by the way ), we had finished teaching the book ” in the when. Same.. of his invention of a murder/mystery-themed game, Clue, '' there are than! Them across the yellow envelope the pool to look at the cards and cross suspects! A lot of sequels/spinoffs over the years like about it is the game is to determine the suspect, and!, I always group students if there are more than four players Case Files Setup the crime, what!