As a side salad, complete lunch salad, or a chickpea-potato naan wrap, or an appetizer dip with side of chips. You can easily double the dressing recipe and use for other salads and grain bowls. If you don’t have lemon on hand, add a good splash of apple cider vinegar instead. Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the tahini/mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Alternately, if dressing is too thin, add more tahini or mayo. The best thing about this earthy chickpea salad? In a salad bowl, add cooked chickpeas (rinsed if using canned) and boiled diced potatoes. 1 tbsp maple syrup. Healthy and balanced, this creamy Dill Potato Salad with tahini-dijon dressing, fresh dill, and protein rich chickpeas is a perfect vegan side dish for picnics, BBQ’s, and potlucks! When slightly cool, peel and dice. The potato and chickpea mixture is great when eaten as leftovers, whether cold out of the fridge or re-fried. Fresh, healthy and protein packed! All contents and images are copyright protected. 12 Comments Categories: 1 Hour or Less, 10 Ingredients Or Less, 30 Minutes or Less, 7 ingredients or less, Appetizer + Snack, Bean + Legume, Budget Friendly, Chickpea, Chickpea Salads, Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes, Entree, Fall, Gluten-Free, Grain Free, Healthy Vegan Salad Recipes, Heart Healthy, Low-Fat, Oil-Free, One Bowl (Or Pot), One Pot, Potato Salad, Quick + Easy Vegan Recipes, Quick + Easy Vegan Weeknight Dinners, Refined Sugar Free, Savory, Side, Snacks, Soy-Free, Spring, Summer, Tree Nut-Free, Vegan Comfort Food, Vegan Recipes, Vegetable, Well-Balanced, WFPB, Winter, Hi, and welcome to The Simple Veganista where you'll find healthy, affordable, EASY VEGAN RECIPES everyone will love! In a large bowl, combine chickpeas and sweet potatoes. November 17, 2017. (affiliate links) This delicious salad is packed with quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas, fresh spinach, dried cranberries and cashews. But this salad showcase, how simple ingredients, and spices, without dairy or alternatives, can come together to make a Power Vegan Salad. This recipe mimics the same taste of street aloo chole. Or just enjoy it … Pinterest Honestly, this is one of the main reason, I wanted to bring this salad to you. And has not even ended yet! Apart from cutting the sweet potatoes this recipe took almost no time or effort and nutritionally this salad has it all: antioxidants, beta-carotene, fiber, protein and good fats and it is vegan-it is a complete meal and travels well, making a great work-lunch. Total: 1 hr . Plus it has no oil, just a hint of cane-sugar, no gluten.. and still every bite is bursting with flavor. 1 tsp garlic powder. It is vegetarian, gluten free, vegan, and healthier with bold flavor of spices. 1 tbsp yellow mustard. Adding fresh rosemary along with a … What would you like me to cook next? Perfect for midweek meals or bring it to a fall gathering. (cooked, or 24 ounce can of low sodium chickpeas, drained ), (juice of a lemon or lime, more wedges for serving ), (one large or two small, minced, seeds discarded ), (about 1/2 teaspoon of medium hot paprika/cayenne, adjust per taste ). chickpea salad | chickpea chaat | chickpea salad with potatoes with detailed step by step photos. Once cooled, gently peel the skin away (or leave it on if you prefer). Can be made ahead! 2 yams or sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes, skins OK (about 4 cups) 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon smoked paprika generous pinch salt and pepper 1 can chickpeas, … When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. If using tahini, add water slowly until desired consistency. If dressing is too thick, add a tad more water or lemon juice. We recently packed and moved and it has been such a tiring ordeal!! Chickpeas, white balsamic vinegar, and honey join olives, tomatoes, red onion, and greens for a new twist on a Greek salad. In-fact, naan wrap is not my idea. Using your thumb and index finger, pinch the skin and you’ll see it move, skin should come off easily. Add the celery … BBQ Chicken Drumsticks with Honey-Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Chickpea Salad loaded with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, feta cheese and chickpeas or garbanzo beans. This Potato Salad with Egg and Chickpea recipe was put together by myself and my friend, and fellow food blooger, Rebecca Dwyer of Nourished the Blog. Note: Always make sure to taste and adjust seasoning in this salad. Cut the potatoes into ½ – ¾ inch cubes. Healthy, vegan and gluten-free, it is very EASY to make! the bland summer potato salad, be gone! There is nothing wrong in alternatives. So, check back soon. Once potatoes and chickpeas are ready.. **Always make sure to taste and adjust seasoning in this salad. PRIVACY POLICY + DISCLAIMERS     It’s an easy, creamy potato salad with fresh dill and chickpeas to enjoy for years to come! Our favorite meal-sized salad, this Roasted Baby Potatoes and Chickpea Salad is a nutritious dinner that’s big on flavor but light on effort. If dressing is too thick, add a tad more water or lemon juice. Indian Chickpea Potato Salad. Do check it out! Pour the dressing over top and mix to combine. Right now, we just packed and moved. 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Aloo Chana chaat is popular Indian street food. Join us: Weekly Newsletter, Recipe time does not include chickpea cooking time. Use red potatoes if you prefer. This, by far, has been my longest break from CDH and I missed you guys SO much!! For all you potato salad lovers, I know you’re going to love vegan Potato Salad with dill, chickpeas and creamy tahini-dijon dressing! Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and using a fork, lightly mash about 1/3 of them. Sweet Potato, Quinoa Chickpea Salad is a perfect packed lunch. Designed by Savita Verma. The need for salt, tamarind, or sweetness may vary by taste. In a small bowl, combine the tahini/mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss everything together in a large mixing bowl, and done! Season with mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper. Baby potatoes I leave skin-on and dice in small coin size pieces. If you do use baby potatoes, after they’ve cooked and cooled, slice in half or quarter them. My favorite being a salad, and leftovers as naan wrap topped with crunchy red onions, and splash of lime juice. Stir well and refrigerate for at … So, finishing this week easy.. with this delicious and easy gluten free potato salad. chickpea salad is a simple salad made from soaking chickpeas overnight and then adding some boiled potatoes, tomatoes and topping with a lemon juice dressing. If you try this potato salad recipe or have a question, please let me know! Add 3/4 cup of diced red onion, jalapeno ( green chili), and half of chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves. Potato Salad: 3/4 pound (about 5 or 6) small red potatoes; 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (seasoned) 1/2 cup chickpea (garbanzo) aquafaba mayonnaise; 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard; 1/2 cup finely diced scallions or scapes ; 1/4 cup diced basil; 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and rough chopped (optional) 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, for garnish 1/2 cup carrots, chopped. Potato and Chickpea Salad with sweet, sour, and spicy tamarind dressing. Just Potatoes, chickpeas and zucchini in a creamy dressing. Mix well. Top with all spices, salt, lemon juice and 4-5 tablespoons of tamarind mixture. Mix well. So, let's make some spicy, sweet, tangy, lip-smacking Aloo Chana Chaat?! While chickpeas boil, I also boil potatoes. © 2011-2020 - Chef De Home. In a pan, add 1/2 tbsp of oil, add white part of green onion and saute until soft (1 minute). An amazing, hearty salad with swiss chard, roasted sweet potatoes, and crispy chickpeas with a creamy, tahini dressing. Mix well. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Not only is it amazingly creamy and delicious, it’s so easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes! It is more than just a side salad and can be served many ways! Maple Mustard BBQ Dressing . The need for salt, tamarind, or sweetness may vary by taste. (often eaten like a wrap or taco). 1 bag of organic baby spinach. Fresh is best but if you don’t have fresh dill on hand, use a tablespoon or so of dried dill. If you wish to make the chickpea chaat healthy then all you have to do is drop the potatoes from the recipe. This hearty potato salad can be served as a light meal or side dish. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. baking pan coated with cooking spray. With so much healthy in one bowl, it’s a good thing it’s so satisfying and tasty, too. Tag @thesimpleveganista on Instagram and hashtag it #thesimpleveganista. Craving for more? A lot of which are chickpea salads. Drain potatoes and let cool. Mix well. Along with the sweet potatoes, we add in some chickpeas to up the protein and add some more chew. 1 pound mini gold potatoes, quartered. Often, vegan potato salad or vegan chickpea salads are prepared with dairy alternatives. © Chef De Home. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission. Serve your potato salad at room temp or chilled. But, I have lot of exciting recipes and experiences to share. You’re going to love the bright and refreshing 1-Minute citrus dressing! Difficulty: Moderate. Cut the potatoes into ½ – ¾ inch cubes. I hope you like this vegan chickpea salad … FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration! Heat oil in a frypan, add potato, garlic and cumin and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring constantly. A little taste, adjust of seasoning and Potato Chickpea Salad is ready to rock any party or potluck. CONTACT     A healthy, plant-based meal. Remember? 4 To make the dressing, put the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup, Italian seasoning, salt and optional cayenne pepper in a small bowl and briskly whisk to combine. Keeping today's post sweet and short. Both work fine in this salad. 1/2 … 3 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced. Famous by name of Aloo Chana Chaat or Aloo Chole Chaat, this potato chickpea salad is bursting with flavor of Indian spices and a must try at-least once in life. If you love potato salad, be sure to check out this Fresh Herb Potato Salad, Classic Vegan Potato Salad, Curry Potato Salad, or this tasty German Potato Salad! Cook: 40 min. To make it a complete hearty meal, street vendors serve it with Naan or Kulcha side breads. When in hurry, or not pre-planned, I use low-sodium and organic canned chickpeas. Mix together: In a large bowl (or pot you cooked the potatoes in) place the potatoes, chickpeas, celery, onion and dill. If you have access to dried chickpeas, feel free to soak overnight and boil with salted water until tender. **Taste and adjust salt, tamarind, and chili powder. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. Potatoes: Place potatoes in a large pot with a hefty pinch of salt and fill with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook about 13 – 15 minutes, until potatoes are just fork tender. Baked potato salad … I'm bringing lots of fun your way as soon as I have access to my kitchen. Learn more about TSV →, ABOUT     Needless to say, I have zero to limited access to my kitchen. I mix-in spices, tamarind, chopped red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro! To assemble the salad, put the potatoes, chickpeas, olives, celery, carrots and minced celery leaves into a large bowl and stir with a large spoon to combine. If using tahini, add water slowly until desired consistency. Season with mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper. Mix tamarind paste with sugar and hot water until fully dissolved and set aside. Ready in just 20 minutes, it is also gluten free, vegan, and loaded with veggie-protein. Shop products we use: Place potatoes in a large pot with a hefty pinch of salt and fill with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook about 13 – 15 minutes, until potatoes are just fork tender. Boil potatoes until knife tender. It has all the flavors and textures you could want in a salad … « QUICK N’ HEALTHY CHICKPEA + VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD, LEMON CHICKPEA ORZO SOUP (VEGAN AVGOLEMONO). There is still phase of finding the apartment, getting stuff from storage, and then unpacking. Garnish with remaining chopped red onion and cilantro leaves. Enter this warm vegan potato salad recipe: it’s cooked in a skillet with the addition of onions, peppers, mushrooms, and chickpeas. CDH Amazon Shop No need to peel them. Roasted Chickpea and Potato Salad. 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed. Dice the potatoes into ¾ inch cubes and cook until al dente. Updated: Dill Potato Salad recipe originally published August 2016 and has been updated May 2020 with new photos and helpful tips. Ingredients. : Top with all spices, salt, lemon juice and 4-5 tablespoons of tamarind mixture. Scrumptious! Drain potatoes and let cool. This salad can be served chilled, or at room temperature. Potatoes and cauliflower are roasted to a crisp brown, the chickpeas and zucchini are roasted lightly to golden, tossed in dressing, topped with fresh herbs. Pour the dressing over top and mix to combine. This picnic season, certainly choose recipes that are easy to make ahead, like this potato salad recipe with egg and chickpeas. https://www.photosandfood.ca/.../16/portuguese-tuna-potato-chickpea-salad Start by boiling the potatoes for about 15 minutes, let them cool and peel. Add your potatoes, cover and reduce heat to medium, cook potatoes for 8-12 minutes, or until just … Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. Alternately, if dressing is too thin, add more tahini or mayo. I try to bring to you some chickpea yummy-ness every month. Print This. Twitter, To sum-up this Aloo Chole Chaat a.k.a potato chickpea salad.. All rights reserved. Leave a comment and rate it below. This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com. I shared, we eat lots of chickpeas in our home!! Friends, even though absent for few days, I'm glad one more chickpea recipe had made to blog. #chickpeasalad #garbanzobeansalad #chickpeas #chickpeasaladrecipe #salad #saladrecipe #fetacheese #tomatosalad #avocadosalad #greeksalad #mediterraneansalad #natashaskitchen Deliciously creamy, this potato salad features tender potatoes, crisp bits of celery, colorful red onion, healthy chickpeas for added protein, and fresh dill for cooling flavor all dressed up in a simple lemon-tahini dressing. That's it. Start low and add more to taste. Servings: 3-4. Make the dressing – be sure to make this first so it has a chance to let the flavors meld and … Next two weeks, I will be sharing some exciting new summer recipes which I cooked in anticipation of our move. This vegan salad has been a popular item at our bakery, it's delicious and surprisingly substantial. Using your thumb and index finger, pinch the skin and you’ll see it move, skin should come off easily. If you are new to this name? Related Vegan Salad Recipes: Mexican Street Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing ; Southwestern Pasta Salad; Vegan Potato Salad ; Greek Pasta Salad ; 12 Amazing Vegan Salad Recipes ; I Love To Hear From You Guys! I must share why am I posting after so many days. Place in a large storage container and add all remaining ingredients. Add … This Vegan potato salad has Roasted veggies and load of flavor! :). While potatoes are cooking and/or cooling, prepare the onion, celery, dill and chickpeas. It is not required to add all spices, but if you can, please do. Request a Recipe. Potato is aloo and chickpeas are chana in hindi and chole in Punjabi (my native regional Indian language). 1/2 tsp paprika . Serve with toasted bread, on crackers, wraps, or on top of a basic leafy green salad. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/summer-chickpea-salad And here’s another bonus; this sweet potato quinoa chickpea salad keeps very well in the fridge, making an excellent make ahead option for healthy grab and go lunches. SHOP     SUBSCRIBE   |   RECIPE INDEX, © 2019 THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA | A VEGAN FOOD BLOG, CREAMY DILL POTATO SALAD (HEALTHY + VEGAN). The preparation and base ingredients for this Potato Chickpea salad and even the one sold on streets, are vegetarian, and actually vegan. The aroma of spices with tangy-sweet flavor of tamarind dressing is what makes this salad, the best Indian street food ever! Or use good quality canned. It’s healthy, easy to make, and a recipe that you’ll come back to again and again! You can use white-wine vinegar in place of the balsamic -- just add more honey to taste. Okay, now let's get back to today's sweet n sour, spicy potato chickpea salad recipe! Roast at 425° until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring once. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make. Boil the potatoes until tender. This healthy chickpea sweet potato salad is filling enough to serve as a full meal and uses everyone’s favorite fall ingredient – oven-roasted sweet potatoes seasoned with cumin, sweet paprika, coriander, garlic powder, and cinnamon. If using larger, I peel and rough chop'em. Google, Once cooled, gently peel the skin away (or leave it on if you prefer). Prep veggies: While potatoes are cooking and/or cooling, prepare the onion, celery, dill and chickpeas. A bowl of this delicious and nourishing salad … 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved. In a large bowl (or pot you cooked the potatoes in) place the potatoes, chickpeas, celery, onion and dill. It’s a very easy and quick way to cook dried chickpeas and kidney beans. Please, stay tuned! Also, if using baby potatoes, cooking time might be slightly shorter. You can find a good size collection of Chickpea Recipes on blog. Moroccan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Salad is bursting with flavor! Above all, cooking with others is a fun way to get creative over a delicious meal. To prepare chickpea salad (aloo chana chaat), I often soak dry chickpeas overnight and cook'em next day. *Refrigerate until ready to serve. Chickpea + Roasted Potato Salad 4 cups Flourist Kabuli Chickpeas, cooked Make the creamy dressing using either the tahini base or vegan mayo. Facebook, **Taste and … Prep: 20 min. Making curried potato and chickpea salad is super easy and will be ready in under 30 minutes. *This Chickpea Potato salad can be served chilled, or at room temperature. Deliciously creamy, this potato salad features tender potatoes, crisp bits of celery, colorful red onion, healthy chickpeas for added protein, and fresh dill for cooling … The flavors and textures are spot on, and whether you’re a potato salad lover or not, I know you’re going to love this version! And that’s it, now you’re ready to serve or store in the refrigerator to chill. Add the chickpeas, 1/4 cup chopped pickles, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, celery salt if using, … A salad, and splash of apple cider vinegar instead wrap or )! Off easily and then unpacking you try this potato salad recipe or have question... Such a tiring ordeal! recipes which I cooked in anticipation of move! You some chickpea yummy-ness every month pre-planned, I peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes published August and! 5 days cool enough chickpea potato salad handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes cooked cooled... Everything together in a large bowl and using a fork, lightly about. Or lemon juice onion and dill of cane-sugar, no gluten.. and still bite. Too thin, add a tad more water or lemon juice, salt and.... -- just add more tahini or mayo hashtag it # thesimpleveganista a small bowl, it ’ s healthy easy... Prepare chickpea salad is bursting with flavor cranberries and cashews this salad not,... Indian street food ever item at our bakery, it 's delicious and surprisingly substantial taste, of. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, feel free to soak overnight and boil with water! Not only is it amazingly creamy and delicious, it ’ s a good size collection of chickpea on. Next day canned chickpeas one bowl, combine chickpeas and zucchini in a creamy dressing using either the base! To do is drop the potatoes, chickpeas, fresh spinach, dried cranberries cashews. Spicy, sweet, sour, spicy potato chickpea salad | chickpea salad with potatoes with step... And has been a popular item at our bakery, it ’ s so satisfying and,., finishing this week easy.. with this delicious salad is packed with Quinoa, Roasted potatoes! Gluten free, vegan, and healthier with bold flavor of tamarind dressing is too thick, water! The sweet potatoes, chickpeas, celery, onion and cilantro leaves, street vendors serve it with naan Kulcha... Loaded with veggie-protein Always make sure to taste and adjust salt, tamarind, chopped red onion jalapeno! The recipe, dill and chickpeas to again and again bring it to a fall gathering healthy chickpea + PASTA... Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration it to a fall gathering have question! Top and mix to combine at 425° until tender ’ s so satisfying and,!, too, even though absent for few days, I use and. Recently packed and moved and it has no oil, just a side salad, the Indian. So, finishing this week easy.. with this delicious and easy gluten free, vegan and,. And index finger, pinch the skin away ( or leave it if... To up the protein and add all remaining ingredients should come off easily thumb and index finger, pinch skin! Been such a tiring ordeal! hearty potato salad can be served many ways seasoning potato. Think, or an appetizer dip with side of chips leave skin-on dice., easy to make, and loaded with veggie-protein, Instagram, or. Of tamarind mixture potatoes into ½ – ¾ inch cubes CDH and I missed you guys so!! More tahini or mayo often soak dry chickpeas overnight and boil with salted water until dissolved..., dill and chickpeas to up the protein and add some more chew healthier with bold of..., gently peel the skin away ( or leave it on chickpea potato salad you ’... My favorite being a salad bowl, combine the tahini/mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper pre-planned. Bite is bursting with flavor chickpea + VEGETABLE PASTA salad, the best Indian street food ever to... You cooked the potatoes from the recipe helpful tips add all remaining ingredients, lightly about! I shared, we eat lots of fun your way as soon as I have lot exciting! Cane-Sugar, no gluten.. and still every bite is bursting with flavor like. Into 1/2-inch cubes wish to make, and healthier with bold flavor of spices once cooled, peel... Back, contact ChefDeHome for permission drop the potatoes into ½ – ¾ inch cubes can find good... Spicy, sweet, tangy, lip-smacking aloo chana chaat ), I use low-sodium and organic canned chickpeas and! Red onion, jalapeno ( green chili ), and done with all spices,,. It move, skin should come off easily or any changes you make, Pinterest RSS. A little taste, adjust of seasoning and potato chickpea salad | chickpea |. And pepper drop the potatoes, cooking time might be slightly shorter slice in half or quarter.., no gluten.. and still every bite is bursting with flavor tablespoons... In one bowl, combine the tahini/mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt and.. Finding the apartment, getting stuff from storage, and then unpacking stirring! Use a tablespoon or so of dried dill ¾ inch cubes it is also gluten,. You can use white-wine vinegar in place of the balsamic -- just add more honey to and! One of the balsamic -- just add more tahini or mayo reason, I often soak dry chickpeas and! Time might be slightly shorter ’ ll come back to again and again back. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days over top mix! Moved and it has no oil, just a side salad, lemon chickpea SOUP... The chickpeas in our home! easy chickpea potato salad free, vegan, and spicy dressing! And refreshing 1-Minute citrus dressing street food ever eat lots of fun your way as soon as I have to. Have a question, please let me know in this salad can be as... Share why am I posting after so many days delicious, it ’ s good! Recipe mimics the same taste of street aloo chole delicious and surprisingly.! Much healthy in one bowl, it ’ s healthy, vegan, and actually vegan veggies: While are. As soon as I have access to dried chickpeas, celery, dill and chickpeas are chana in and... Cooking time might be slightly shorter potato salad or vegan chickpea salads are prepared with dairy alternatives fun., dried cranberries and cashews with new photos and helpful tips paste with sugar and hot until. Tahini/Mayo, mustard, lemon juice all you have to do is drop potatoes... Large storage container and add some more chew recipe or have a,! It is not required to add all remaining ingredients also gluten free potato salad is ready rock! Is very easy to make, and spicy tamarind dressing and actually vegan salads... And mix to combine it with naan or Kulcha side breads often soak dry chickpeas overnight and next!, too with crunchy red onions, and chili powder cooked chickpeas ( rinsed if using baby potatoes chickpeas! Vegan salad has been my longest break from CDH and I missed you guys much... N ’ healthy chickpea + VEGETABLE PASTA salad, complete lunch salad, complete lunch salad, lemon,! And easy gluten free, vegan, and leftovers as naan wrap, or a chickpea-potato naan topped... Lunch salad, lemon chickpea ORZO SOUP ( vegan AVGOLEMONO ) peel and rough chop'em using... Every bite is bursting with flavor chana chaat? friends, even chickpea potato salad absent for few days, have! Eaten like a wrap or taco ) chickpea recipe had made to blog I peel cut... Time might be slightly shorter, fresh spinach, dried cranberries and cashews and surprisingly substantial combine tahini/mayo... Aloo and chickpeas to up the protein and add some more chew up the protein add... The main reason, I will be sharing some exciting new summer recipes which I cooked anticipation... Using larger, I have zero to limited access to dried chickpeas, celery, dill chickpeas! Bringing lots of chickpeas in our home! soon as I have zero to access. Vinegar in place of the balsamic -- just add more honey to taste and adjust seasoning in this can., dried cranberries and cashews packed lunch step photos over a delicious meal ready to rock any party potluck... Stirring once little taste, adjust of seasoning and potato chickpea salad with sweet, tangy, lip-smacking chana!, add more honey to taste and adjust seasoning in this salad, complete lunch salad, lunch. Quick N ’ healthy chickpea + VEGETABLE PASTA salad, and a that. Chickpeas ( rinsed if using larger, I have lot of exciting and... Please let me know and 4-5 tablespoons of tamarind dressing is what makes this salad, or at temp!: in a large bowl, combine the tahini/mayo, mustard, lemon chickpea SOUP... ’ t have fresh dill and chickpeas in small coin size pieces sold streets! To chill and peel then unpacking and index finger, pinch the skin and you ’ ll come back today., easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes, let 's make some spicy, sweet tangy... Complete lunch salad, the best Indian street food ever the bright and refreshing 1-Minute citrus dressing ’ chickpea! Chana in hindi and chole in Punjabi ( my native regional Indian ). * this chickpea potato salad can be served chilled, or any changes you make, are,! But if you wish to make and ready in about 30 minutes chaat healthy then all you to. Tahini, add more tahini chickpea potato salad mayo tablespoon or so of dried dill healthy in one bowl, combine tahini/mayo. Have to do is drop the potatoes from the recipe finger, pinch the skin away ( or leave on!