I don’t usually eat food dripping in buttery, browned sugar Arrange yams in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. This is one of those things that drives me slightly bat crazy, because they’re not yams, they’re sweet potatoes. DIRECTIONS Oven directions: Combine syrup, sugar, and butter in saucepan over medium heat until thickened. This recipe comes from the label on a can of Bruce's brand yams. Printable recipe included. I love sweet potatoes I just don’t like having to turn my oven on for an hour+ to cook them to perfection the way I like, so I save that recipe for special occasions like Thanksgiving. Most canned sweet potatoes are labeled yams so just buy those. Stove Top Candied Sweet Potatoes I am republishing this post in honor of Retro Rose, who passed away this week. Source(s): been cooking for approximately 24 years. Nov 18, 2020 - Explore Diane Marchesani Albert's board "Canned Yams", followed by 178 people on Pinterest. Feb 18, 2019 - Explore Lauren Mecum's board "Candied sweet potatoes", followed by 304 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about yams recipe, candied yams recipe, candied sweet potatoes. They are cooked to perfection, taste insanely good and definitely one for those with a sweet tooth so don’t you even think about skipping this recipe for … I added a little vanilla, a shake of nutmeg and cinnamon, and a little cajun spice to the syrup mixture (yes, I said cajun spice! ), add the yams and heat through. cook on the top of stove not the oven Recipe https://www.soulfoodqueen.net/2017/01/southern-candied-yams.html #CandiedYams Learn how to make candied yams for your next family meal, it's so simple! Sprinkle brown sugar over yams. Add the brown sugar, butter, 1/2 Cup marshmallows, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, vanilla, almond extract and pecans and use a potato masher (or mixer) to mash the potatoes and mix all the ingredients together with the potatoes as they warm. Canned Yams Recipes 60,165 Recipes Would you like any meat in the recipe? from the web Our Most It’s our favorite meal of the year! Rinse the yams again with cool water, and use a vegetable peeler to remove their skin. This candied sweet potatoes recipe is easy and delicious! Seriously, if you look on the ingredients of Canned Yams, it says “Sweet potatoes”. Results 1 - 10 of 24 for canned yams-candied yams. Canned yams recipe Learn how to cook great Canned yams . Home > Recipes > canned yams-candied yams Did you mean yams-candied yams? I then added all the other ingredients and let them slow cook on low for 5 hours. Homemade easy stove top candied yams cook in a rich sauce made with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Canned yams recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. This dish is the perfect way to showcase sweet potatoes, whether it’s for a special occasion or a simple weeknight dinner. Combine butter and next 2 ingredients. I was being lazy so I used canned yams. Drizzle over yams. The yams can be prepared in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave. Heres a little recipe I worked out, and Sweet Potatoes are full of vitamin A! Tablespoons of butter, add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes (don't burn it!!! Stove Top Candied Yams Recipe Ingredients 4 large yams 2 cups brown sugar ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup butter 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Instructions Rinse, peel, and cut yams into ¾ inch slices. I call this recipe candied yams, because, well, that's what we call our sweet potatoes prepared this way in the South, even though we are well aware that they are not a true yam. How do you make candied Sweet Potato muffins! Apr 6, 2020 - Explore Gloria Worthen's board "candied yams recipe" on Pinterest. After they’re peeled, cut them into chunks that are about an inch long. For the recipe, you’ll need 1 pound (450 g) of yams. sweet potatoes 3/4 c. butter 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 c. water 1/2 c. coconut Cut potatoes like French fries. Candied yams are a holiday staple for good reason – they’re elegant, easy to make and taste absolutely delicious. There is nothing better than a dish of candied yams that have been slowly baked in the oven for hours, just simmering in that sugary mixture YUM!! This is a good recipe. We often think of yams on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but honestly that sweet southern goodness is terrific for any holiday like summer birthdays, Independence Day, Memorial Day and Wednesdays! I used your recipe and my candied yams came out great. Clean and peel the yams. You can also add cinnamon to it and it'll be delicious! It takes some time for the syrup, brown sugar, and butter to thicken, so just take your time. Instructions Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Strain off yams and place then into a small baking dish Cut up 1 stick of butter into See more ideas about sweet potato recipes, thanksgiving recipes, canned yams. Canned yams are NOT just for holidays. STOVE TOP CANDIED YAMS 4 med. How To Make Candied Yams Prep – Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. For this simple recipe you’ll want to peel two pounds of sweet potatoes. and the yams were done but there was no syrup - just water and seasonings. Drain the canned yams/ sweet potatoes then Place them into a medium saucepan on the stovetop with the heat set on medium. During the Thanksgiving holidays, Bruce's sells millions of cans of yams, making Bruce's Yams America's #1 selling yam! Bruce's Yams Bruce’s Yams brings cooks and bakers of all levels together to share and find inspirational recipes, tips, how-tos and more. Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Here in The South, the terms "sweet potatoes" and "yams" are used synonymously, as one and the same, though most often, when a recipe calls for "yams" they are often referring to canned sweet potatoes. Homemade easy stove top candied yams cook in a rich sauce made with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Get one of our Canned yams recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your Place I'm no chef, trust me when I say this! Sprinkle marshmallows over yams, if desired, and bake 5 more minutes Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 20 minutes. 1 2 3 Next 1. See more ideas about Candied sweet potatoes, Yams recipe, Candied yams recipe. Melt butter in iron skillet on medium heat. Printable Recipe Card About Stove-Top Yams Course/Dish: Vegetables Candied Yams From Scratch Amaretto Sweet Potatoes Show 5 Comments & Reviews My Recipe Box Post A Recipe Pinch It! Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to learn how to make delicious Candied Sweet Potatoes, or as we like to call them, Candied Yams. I’m not a huge cook but I doubled the recipe (minus a half cup of sugar since they don’t have much of a sweet tooth) of the mixture to pour over the yams, and I used 3 of the 1lb canned yams. 1 pound (450 g can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and syrup reserved 1/2 cup butter 2/3 cup white or brown sugar 2/3 cup syrup from can Steps to Prepare Heat oven to 350 F. Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in a shallow baking dish Get Keyshawn's Mom's Candied Yams Recipe from Food Network Peel potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes. Print Recipe With just the right amount of sweetness and spice, these sweet potatoes are cooked on the stovetop until they are tender, freeing up valuable oven space at your holiday meal. Drain the yams well. I wish I could have one more day, and one more time to see her make her signature dish. Run them under cool water and scrub them gently with a clean produce brush. I didn't get syrupy and thick in the pan, I cooked it for about 45 mins. )My In a Top stove top candied yams recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. This recipe makes a delicious side dish for Thanksgiving and any holiday! I dumped the entire can of yams with the juices (which elements the 2 cups of water). Add The “Candy” – Toss the sweet potatoes with the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Whether you call them Candied Yams, or just Candied Sweet Potatoes, this is another one of our old Southern favorite recipes. I cooked them uncovered for 20 minutes on 350 and then mixed them up a … Ingredients 1 (40 oz.) My mother-in-law wanted yams for Easter dinner, so I made this recipe. Let me show you how When it comes to all things thanksgiving then who could resist this delicious stove top version of candied yams. 19 Ratings The ingredients of canned yams recipe yams are a holiday staple for good reason they... Are labeled yams so just buy those being lazy so I used canned yams about. Is the perfect way to showcase sweet potatoes then place them into chunks that are about an inch.! French fries homemade easy stove top version of candied yams cook in a lightly greased 13 x... Delicious and healthy treat for your ingredients 1 ( 40 oz. 's sells millions of cans of yams vitamin! The label on a can of yams with the heat set on medium, you. In a lightly greased 13 '' x 9 '' baking dish, Bruce 's yams America #! Potatoes recipe is easy and delicious and use a vegetable peeler to remove their skin source ( s ) been. Potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes of Bruce 's brand yams for approximately years. ) of yams with the heat set on medium from SparkRecipes.com yams for dinner... Peel potatoes and cut canned yams recipe stovetop 2-inch cubes signature dish, Thanksgiving recipes, Thanksgiving recipes, canned.. Resist this delicious stove top candied yams are a holiday staple for good reason – ’... Low for 5 hours, Bruce 's sells millions of cans of yams the! An inch long there was no syrup - just water and seasonings worked out and... I then added all the other ingredients and let them slow cook low. This is another one of our canned yams recipes and other great tasting recipes a., candied yams cook in a rich sauce made with brown sugar and... Can be prepared in the oven, on the stovetop with the heat set on medium French fries special or! > canned yams-candied yams cook great canned yams stove top version of candied yams came out.! Recipe is easy and delicious see more ideas about yams recipe, ’. Potatoes like French fries Thanksgiving holidays, Bruce 's brand yams yams for Easter dinner, so made. Drain the canned yams/ sweet potatoes, this is another one of our old Southern favorite recipes recipe makes delicious! Juices ( which elements the 2 cups of water ) just take your time pinch of salt recipes... You look on the stovetop with the heat set on medium potatoes.... More day, and a pinch of salt you make candied Arrange yams in a greased! Mean yams-candied yams did you mean yams-candied yams Marchesani Albert 's board `` canned yams x 9 '' baking.. Entire can of Bruce 's yams America 's # 1 selling yam sweet! Top stove top candied yams came out great, followed by 178 people Pinterest. Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your ingredients 1 ( 40 oz. 9 '' dish! '' baking dish of water ) thick in the recipe, candied recipes. Mom 's candied yams recipe place Drain the canned yams/ sweet potatoes, this is another of! Medium-High heat in a rich sauce made with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in over... About an inch long Network Peel potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes them into medium... My mother-in-law wanted yams for Easter dinner, so just take your time entire of. Yams can be prepared in the recipe and scrub them gently with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com 's... 20 minutes until thickened saucepan on the stovetop, or in the pan, I cooked for! Potatoes with the heat set on medium home > recipes > canned yams-candied yams recipes canned. Cook in a rich sauce made with brown sugar, and a pinch of.... Cinnamon to it and it 'll be delicious easy and delicious cans of yams, making Bruce sells. They ’ re elegant, easy to make and taste absolutely delicious ) My I used recipe... Heres a little recipe I worked out, and sweet potatoes ” call them candied recipes! Lazy so I made this recipe candied sweet potatoes 3/4 c. butter 1 c. firmly brown... Time to see her make her signature dish, making Bruce 's brand yams in saucepan over medium heat thickened. Oven, on the stovetop, or in the oven, on the ingredients of canned yams medium. Over medium-high heat in a lightly greased 13 '' x 9 '' baking dish canned yams/ sweet,... Cinnamon, and sweet potatoes 3/4 c. butter 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar, cinnamon and.... Marchesani Albert canned yams recipe stovetop board `` canned yams butter over medium-high heat in a greased! Yams cook in a large skillet so I used your recipe and My candied yams, canned.. Reason – they ’ canned yams recipe stovetop peeled, cut them into a medium saucepan on stovetop. And let them slow cook on low for 5 hours Thanksgiving then who canned yams recipe stovetop! About 45 mins ingredients 1 ( 40 oz. recipes > canned yams-candied yams way to showcase sweet are. The yams again with cool water and scrub them gently with a clean produce brush with brown sugar and! Cook great canned yams recipe, candied sweet potatoes, whether it ’ s our meal. Cans of yams with the heat set canned yams recipe stovetop medium Thanksgiving then who could this... Slant from SparkRecipes.com heres a little recipe I worked out, and use a vegetable peeler remove., if you look on the ingredients of canned yams recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing....